Donkey Kong Country Returns

Zoycite said:
This HAS to be some kind of joke. Seriously. This just can't be true. I mean, what next? We're going to find out that Rambi's the only Animal Buddy in the game?
Squawks is apparently in it.

Prince Fluff said:
Zoycite said:
This HAS to be some kind of joke. Seriously. This just can't be true. I mean, what next? We're going to find out that Rambi's the only Animal Buddy in the game?
Squawks is apparently in it.
But I don't think he does anything.

Well, Cranky runs the shop with Squawks in it. Maybe he'll loan him out for a price.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for more of the supporting Kong cast, besides just Cranky Kong. Like I said before, even PR statements could turn out to be untrue sometimes.

I wish we could fast forward to november 21 when the game finds out. Or at least peek into the future to see if it's going to be any good.

Cranky pretty much had to come back. After all, it wouldn't be Donkey Kong Country without that old ape making a mockery out of today's games.

I don't think Retro really understands what makes a Donkey Kong Country game actually feel like a Donkey Kong Country game. They have removed almost every main character (Kremlings, supporting Kongs other than Cranky, awesome Animal Buddies like Enguarde), and from what I've heard in the NP, the world names are bland names like "jungle" and stuff, unlike the other DKCs that had good world names like Monkey Mines. All of my favorite things from the old games are removed here and the whole Tiki thing just doesn't fit the DK theme to me.

I really hope they are lying about the Kremlings and other Kongs being absent.

Fawfulfury65 said:
and from what I've heard in the NP, the world names are bland names like "jungle" and stuff, unlike the other DKCs that had good world names like Monkey Mines.
I'm pretty sure those names were tentative, and only used in the demo. The level names that are listed in the wiki article are similar to the ones from the previous games in the series.

Zoycite said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
and from what I've heard in the NP, the world names are bland names like "jungle" and stuff, unlike the other DKCs that had good world names like Monkey Mines.
I'm pretty sure those names were tentative, and only used in the demo. The level names that are listed in the wiki article are similar to the ones from the previous games in the series.
Good point. I hope so.

Maybe some levels will have other Kongs and Kremlings.

Seriously though, how can it be called Donkey Kong Country Returns of more than half of the characters aren't returning.

Villain11 said:

Seriously though, how can it be called Donkey Kong Country Returns of more than half of the characters aren't returning.

The game's main protagonists are Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. Simple as that. Who knows, maybe DK snatched something that belonged to the Tikis, and they retaliated by stealing the banana hoard.

MnSG said:
Villain11 said:

The game's main protagonists are Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. Simple as that. Who knows, maybe DK snatched something that belonged to the Tikis, and they retaliated by stealing the banana hoard.
Yeah, but DK and Diddy are the main heroes in almost every Donkey Kong game, not just in DKC.

According to this page, there's a rumor going around that:

King K. Rool is true final boss of the game.
That piece of artwork looks very convincing, but at the same time, it seems to be drawn with a different style than the Donkey Kong, Diddy, and Cranky renders. So, in short, there's a chance that this could very well be fake, since RedLightStudios seemed to be the only person who has the piece of artwork (and happens to be an artist on top of it). I hope I'm wrong, though.

EDIT: Upon browsing the Donkey Kong Country Returns thread over at the Donkey Kong Universe forum, I've found out that threads and posts regarding this rumor were getting deleted from GameFAQs, left and right, supposedly at the request of a Retro Studios employee. Just keep in mind, though, that other rumor threads besides this one have been left untouched. Considering the fact that they've been going out of their way to get that deleted, I'd say that there's definitely some truth to it.

It could've been covered up as a lie before Retro deleted the threads. >_<

A rocket barrel and a giant bat. That seems quite amusing. It's also safe to say that that bomb-throwing bird is a boss of some sort.

tattletale1 said:
Donkey Konga 3D wouldn't be as interesting...
unless they had 3D dance sequnces, and 3D Guitar Hero effects "Leftside, Rightside, Clap!"
What does this do with DKCR?

Back