Donkey Kong Country Returns

Yeah, and there's only eleven days left until it's out in the U.S. Europeans get it on December 3rd.

I just saw this:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/preview-donkey-kong/707322

I take back anything and everything bad I said about the game, because it looks AWESOME! No Kremlings may be a downer, but the Tiki Tak Tribe look like a fun bunch of new enemies for Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong to face. Most of the Kongs might not be there, but at least Cranky's in it, and that's good enough for me! Plus, new moves and... well, just look at it! Amazing!

Also, the map screen looks a lot like New Super Mario Bros. Wii's map screen... And Super Kong looks a lot like Eddie the Mean Old Yeti from the TV series.

To anyone who's found themselves disappointed at the lack of Kremlings, there's starting to be quite a bit of evidence that points to K. Rool being the true mastermind behind everything.

-First of all, there's no way that a random group of villains would come out of nowhere and steal Donkey Kong's banana hoard if K. Rool wasn't involved in some way, shape, or form.
-The Tikis have been seen using Kremling airships and machinery, which K. Rool most likely provided them with.
-One of the recent trailers have shown the Tikis getting freed from some kind of prison that they were locked within, and I doubt they escaped without some help.
-Any discussions about artwork with K. Rool dressed as a Tiki, as I state a page or two ago, have been getting removed.
-The maintainer of Gamexplain.com is a member of the NeoGaf forums, and he's already played through the game, and was answering questions about it. Someone asked him if there were any references to King K. Rool and the Kremlings, which he replied with "Negative". However, he edited his post shortly afterwards to say that he won't reveal who the final boss is. Does anyone else find it suspicious how he didn't say anything about the final boss until K. Rool was mentioned?

Yeah, in the volcano trailer, Donkey and Diddy are seen running near some ocean-like area where there are some pirate ships, so that could indicate something, since the Kremlings are pirates in DKC.

Where did they get the idea of having crocodiles as pirates anyway?

It would still seem rather strange to think that K. Rool would have an involvement in all of this. After all, he was never involved with the events from Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (another game that never had Kremlings).

Maybe not, but aside from the fact that Nintendo was trying to disregard the DKC series at the time, Jungle Beat took place somewhere other than Donkey Kong Island, and the storyline didn't involve Donkey Kong's banana hoard being stolen, or anything like that. Also, if K. Rool truly is the mastermind behind everything in this game, it wouldn't be the first time he's gone undercover, since he did the same thing in Donkey Kong Country 3.

Yeah, but Rare probably didn't hide the existence of Kremlings in that game, so it was quite obvious that he would be appearing somewhere.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Yeah, but Rare probably didn't hide the existence of Kremlings in that game, so it was quite obvious that he would be appearing somewhere.

Yeah the moral of the story is, if you see Kremlings, K. Rool is involved in some way. No Kremlings, his involvement is quite doubtful, but not impossible.

It could be like Super Mario World where, after you beat the game 100%, some of the enemies change. Maybe some of the Tikis will turn into Kremlings after you beat King K. Rool as the final boss. Hey, anything can happen.

Fawfulfury65 said:
It could be like Super Mario World where, after you beat the game 100%, some of the enemies change. Maybe some of the Tikis will turn into Kremlings after you beat King K. Rool as the final boss. Hey, anything can happen.

Yeah we'll never know for sure until 11/21. Maybe we'll get the full scoop about that Tiki tribe, since they're the ones responsible for brainwashing nearly every single creature of Donkey Kong Island.

Fawfulfury65 said:
True, but I believe it was stated in the manual that K. Rool's role as the Kremling leader had been taken over by KAOS. It wasn't until the end of the game where it was revealed that KAOS was nothing more than a puppet that he was controlling.

MnSG said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
Yeah the moral of the story is, if you see Kremlings, K. Rool is involved in some way. No Kremlings, his involvement is quite doubtful, but not impossible.
Sure, there might not be any regular Kremling enemies this time around, but that could have been done to make it less obvious that K. Rool's the one behind everything.

While I would like for K.Rool to be involved in some way, I gotta say that the more I see of the Tikis, the more I like them.

I just got a message on my phone from Gamestop saying that I can pick up my pre order of DKCR tomorrow morning! I'm so excited! :D

Yeah, I saw that before it got removed from one of the recent trailers. At that time, I assumed that the Tiki robot thing was the second-to-last boss (since I was clinging to my K. Rool theories), but I guess not. However, though, this "Golden Temple" must be this game's equivalent of the Lost World, and I still think there's a slight possibility that K. Rool may be show up there. I just have a hard time believing that the Tikis would have automatically have knowledge of Donkey Kong's banana hoard if they hadn't been told about it.

Nope no more Kongs, that's 100% sure. The only thing that I wanna know until I get the game on December 2 is about the 0,001 possibility of K.Rool being the final boss in the Golden Temple.

Not sure if K. Rool's in it yet, but I know there are no more Kongs.

The game is fun, but I hate the controls, and I really think the music could have been better.

Since u r the first in the forum to own it, give it a review score

Back