Donkey Kong Country Returns

Bowser Koopa said:
Tiki Tong Terror gave me some trouble as well. Can only imagine what it will be like when I do mirror mode.

It'll probably be a nightmare. Although I didn't lose a life to it in the main game, I'd hate to have to redo the Rocket Barrel part of the level again whenever Tiki Tong takes a life.

Once you get past the rocket section, you don't have to do it again unless you quit the stage. If Tiki Tong kills you, which he will, several times, you just start the fight itself over.

The only dangerous attack is the horizontal clapping. Once you figure out how to avoid it, he's piece of cake regarding the first part of the battle (hitting his hands). For the second part, the only thing you need to do is time well your third attack on his button.

Mirror Mode wasn't as hard as the first time I encountered him, because I had learnt how to avoid his clapping.

クッパJr. said:
Once you get past the rocket section, you don't have to do it again unless you quit the stage. If Tiki Tong kills you, which he will, several times, you just start the fight itself over.

I heard that in Time Attack, if you get beaten by Tiki Tong, you have to redo the Rocket Barrel part of the level again. Is that true?

MnSG said:
Bowser Koopa said:
Tiki Tong Terror gave me some trouble as well. Can only imagine what it will be like when I do mirror mode.

It'll probably be a nightmare. Although I didn't lose a life to it in the main game, I'd hate to have to redo the Rocket Barrel part of the level again whenever Tiki Tong takes a life.
You've beaten him without losing? That's impressive, I must say.

The only dangerous attack is the horizontal clapping.
It's the hardest attack by far, as it tests your reflexes more than anything. Although, I still occasionally get hit by fire, and some other things.

Bowser Koopa said:

Well, I did use an extra heart during the fight. Couldn't use the Banana Juice, as that expires immediately whenever you lose a life, which was easy to do during the Rocket Barrel part of the level.

MnSG said:
クッパJr. said:

I heard that in Time Attack, if you get beaten by Tiki Tong, you have to redo the Rocket Barrel part of the level again. Is that true?
Yep.

MnSG said:
Bowser Koopa said:

Well, I did use an extra heart during the fight. Couldn't use the Banana Juice, as that expires immediately whenever you lose a life, which was easy to do during the Rocket Barrel part of the level.
Yeah, I didn't take anything with me to the fight. I mean, obviously I had Diddy along for the ride; But unfortunately that didn't last too long.

Okay, after a long while of procrastinations, I finally got around to playing this game in-depth, and it's awesome. It is a shame that:

-There are no Kremlings
-Only Donkey, Diddy, and Cranky are in it
-Only Ramib and Squawks are in it

But:

-the Tiki Tak Tribe is awesome
-the new original enemies are pretty cool
-Cranky is actually funny and cranky again
-Rambi freaking rocks
-The music is great
-the levels are beautifully detailed

Of course, the game's as hard as Hell. Luckily, there's tones of opportunities to get extra lives, and as Cranky put it, you're going to need them.

For example, right now I'm on the fourth world, the Cave. The Rocket Barrel parts are a pain in the ass. In fact, during 4-5, Crowded Cavern, after I died for, like, the 25th time in a row, the game suddenly stopped and an error occurred, so I had to stop playing. And I was like 2/3 into the level! I keep dying mostly because I try to get the K-O-N-G tokens, and I'm either too early or too late in trying to get them because I always end up crashing. With the puzzle pieces it's easier, because once you get one, you don't have to get it again, but with the K-O-N-G tokens, every time you die, until you reach a checkpoint or the end, you have to keep going after the tokens.

Still it's fun, which is all I can ask for, I suppose.

With the Clapping attack, you just go to a side and jump on the top part of his hand, Then He pretty much has no way of getting you with it.

Getting the KONG letters are actually easier than I thought... At least compared to Puzzle Pieces.

Actually, I take that back, in world 4, on the level with all the bats, I ended up dying so many times just trying to get the KONG letters that eventually, an error occured after something like the 25th time I died on that stage.

That's why I haven't been playing in in a short while.

Okay, there's either something wrong with my Wii or my game disc, because I tried playing it again, and another error occurred just as I was starting the level! Geez, I hope nothing's broken...

The last 2 temple levels (not counting 9-1), as well as Thugly and Tiki Tong in mirror mode to go. Oh snap...

Lario said:
The last 2 temple levels (not counting 9-1), as well as Thugly and Tiki Tong in mirror mode to go. Oh snap...

I was actually able to beat Thugly in Mirror Mode after a couple life losses. He is much harder when Diddy isn't around.

It's hard dodging the clap attack. Plus, for some reason I always get hit by the swooping attack in the later half of the battle.

MnSG said:
Lario said:

I was actually able to beat Thugly in Mirror Mode after a couple life losses. He is much harder when Diddy isn't around.
I died at least 100 times to beat him on mirror :(

Darn. I thought he mentioned the final boss...

As for Thugly, it took me about six tries to defeat him the first time around. In Mirror Mode it's too darn hard.

Lario said:
Darn. I thought he mentioned the final boss...

As for Thugly, it took me about six tries to defeat him the first time around. In Mirror Mode it's too darn hard.

Yeah the biggest challenge is to jump over Thugly at the right moment. Also, you need to pay close attention to his movements when his back is exposed. If the back is exposed longer than usual, that's when you should jump on it.

I lost almost 10 lives against Thugly in Mirror Mode, but I managed to pull through in the end.

I just have to get the KONG lettes in 8-4 then I can unlock the last golden temple and go to world 9-1!!!!!!!!

Just finished Mirror Mode. I also got my first two Shiny Gold times in Music Madness and Blast & Bounce (excluding rocket/minecart levels).

Back