Donkey Kong Country Returns

クッパJr. said:
The hardest boss is The Mole Train, for me anyway.
On second thought, the entire "Caves" section is kinda lame. I like an occasional minecart level, but not a whole world of them.

クッパJr. said:
The hardest boss is The Mole Train, for me anyway.

It's not too hard, the only problem was my hands got sore because it dragged on too long, why couldn't they have had it at 2 Mine Cart parts then the Big Mole. Definetely not as hard as the Giant Bat... I swear it's related to a Zubat and their annoying Supersonic.

Completed the main game, and got all the puzzle pieces today.

However, I'm rather disgusted with how difficult Mirror Mode is. I mean seriously, the normal game was tough enough, why make it harder by removing Diddy Kong and the inventory items. And of course, being limited to only "1" heart is even more disturbing, considering that certain bosses are quite unpredictable; Ex.: Colonel Pluck. It's just BS by my visuals.

Of course, Mirror Mode makes little difference for the minecart and rocket barrel levels, since even in the normal game, one hit costs you a life.

MnSG said:
Completed the main game, and got all the puzzle pieces today.

However, I'm rather disgusted with how difficult Mirror Mode is. I mean seriously, the normal game was tough enough, why make it harder by removing Diddy Kong and the inventory items. And of course, being limited to only "1" heart is even more disturbing, considering that certain bosses are quite unpredictable; Ex.: Colonel Pluck. It's just BS by my visuals.

Of course, Mirror Mode makes little difference for the minecart and rocket barrel levels, since even in the normal game, one hit costs you a life.
Yeah, don't even try Jagged Jewels on mirror if you're not planning to beat this 200%. It's VERY hard.

I'm on 5-1!
Completed World 1 except for Time attack!
Love the dioramas!

Fawfulfury65 said:
Yeah, don't even try Jagged Jewels on mirror if you're not planning to beat this 200%. It's VERY hard.

Sounds like a Kaizo Mario moment when you think it over. I mean in the Kaizo Mario levels, you're given no power-ups either, except at the checkpoints.

use Squawks

jagged jewels on mirror mode is insane!!! It's definitely the hardest level on mirror mode.

FunkyKong84 said:
jagged jewels on mirror mode is insane!!! It's definitely the hardest level on mirror mode.

Hardest non-boss level sounds more appropriate. Try to face Colonel Pluck in Mirror Mode; though I haven't done it yet, his unpredictability can really mean disaster.

MnSG said:
FunkyKong84 said:

Hardest non-boss level sounds more appropriate. Try to face Colonel Pluck in Mirror Mode; though I haven't done it yet, his unpredictability can really mean disaster.
I didn't think he was too hard, compared to other bosses. Thugly and Tiki Tong took me forever on Mirror Mode.

For Time Attack, I think the Tiki Tong battle is completely luck based. You need him to use certain attacks so you can hurt him, but if he doesn't use those attacks, you can't beat him fast enough no matter what you do. It's also a pain because you have to memorize the Rocket Barrel part of that level so you can go full speed the whole time (it's hard to avoid what's ahead when you're going so fast). Worst of all, every time you fail to beat Tiki Tong in Time Attack, you have to restart the Rocket Barrel part all over again.

That's what I thought abt Tiki Tong and Colonel Pluck in Mirror Mode. But actually they didn't frustrate me as much as I thought. The first part of both fights simply relies on dodging their attacks and being patient. After you get a hold of it, it's piece of cake and then when you reach the second part of the fight which is more dangerous to get hit, you have a shot to beat them if you are careful.
If you actually learn how to avoid Tiki Tong's horizontal hand-slap, everything becomes way easier. All you do is jump on top of the hands while they are against the walls and voila, the hand-slap doesn't get you.

200% baby!!!

After nearly 100 lives in 4-k I finally got it :D. Time attacks here I come

Aww so you don't need to complete all the Time Attacks for 200%? All that frustration for nothing...

The image gallery does state for some of the locked images that only the most determined Kong will be able to view them. This may mean that you'll have to not only surpass Mirror Mode, but also Time Attack to unlock all the images.

Good thing I had a reason to beat those Time Attacks then. I got all of the pictures and stuff, so that must mean you have to only beat all of the Time Attacks with gold, instead of the shiny gold (which is almost impossible to get on some stages).

Fawfulfury65 said:
Good thing I had a reason to beat those Time Attacks then. I got all of the pictures and stuff, so that must mean you have to only beat all of the Time Attacks with gold, instead of the shiny gold (which is almost impossible to get on some stages).
How do you get Shiny Gold?

QuizmoManiac said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
You have to beat the levels even faster than you would to get a gold metal.

Fawfulfury65 said:
QuizmoManiac said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
You have to beat the levels even faster than you would to get a gold metal.
-_- ^_^ $_$ o_0 X_X >_<
But,I can barely get a gold but mostly I get silvers.

Nope. I 've only beat the mirror mode and I unlocked the golden temple images. Everything is unlocked in the extras section. Time attacks are just for fun then.

I just beat the World 5 boss, it was ridiculously easy!
I got hit once during the entire fight!

Back