Donkey Kong Country Returns

I completed world 1 to 100%, including shiny golds on all the time trails

This is being remade for the 3DS.

I love the game, but a port this soon? I don't like it.

That said, it looks exactly like the original graphics wise. I hope they make it a bit different though.

Gundam Tanaka said:

For real?

Damn, and I thought it was enough of a bastard to play on the Wii. At least I beat it 100%. I couldn't imagine that level of difficulty on a handheld.

I think they decided to remake it since the backgrounds are pretty amazing and 3D could enhance it.

Also, the guy who had all those rumors mentioned 'Donkey Kong Country Returns again' which is either a huge coincidence or he actually knew it would happen.

Gundam Tanaka said:

I love the game, but a port this soon? I don't like it.

That said, it looks exactly like the original graphics wise. I hope they make it a bit different though.
Lemmy guess.
Donkey Kong Land Returns?

^ Unfortunately, that's not the case. This seems to be nothing but a piece of garbage port, with the only difference being is that the (rather useless) 3D feature is enabled. What a complete and total waste of time and money this is. All of these different Mario games are coming out, and all they have to show for the Donkey Kong series is a port of a game that can still be found in stores at full price? Really?

Solar Blaze said:
^ Unfortunately, that's not the case. This seems to be nothing but a piece of garbage port, with the only difference being is that the (rather useless) 3D feature is enabled. What a complete and total waste of time and money this is. All of these different Mario games are coming out, and all they have to show for the Donkey Kong series is a port of a game that can still be found in stores at full price? Really?

I believe we don't know if it's a complete port or if they're adding a few things (Other than 3D).

I might pick this up, but if I don't then it's not a big deal, I'll just wait patiently for whatever comes next. Really just depends on what time it comes out, if there is other games coming out at around the same time, I'll probably skip over it.

Not picking this up unless it's new.

I think it's just a quick port.

If it doesn't have any differences worth noting, I will be disappointed.

I'd much rather a remake of Super Mario Sunshine for 3DS. After all it has been over 11 years since it's release, especially considering SM64DS came out 8 years after the original.

Crackin355 said:
I believe we don't know if it's a complete port or if they're adding a few things (Other than 3D).
Seeing how the Ocarina of Time and Star Fox 64 ports added little to nothing new, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the same thing were to happen with this one. As such, I won't be spending a single dime on it. It doesn't exactly help that Donkey Kong Country Returns was such a disappointment, either.

Solar Blaze said:
Crackin355 said:
Seeing how the Ocarina of Time and Star Fox 64 ports added little to nothing new, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the same thing were to happen with this one. As such, I won't be spending a single dime on it. It doesn't exactly help that Donkey Kong Country Returns was such a disappointment, either.
How was it a disappointment. It was what I was expecting it to be.

I'm pretty sure I've explained this many times before, but very well:

Solar Blaze said:
-The Kremlings were removed [...], as well as various other recurring enemy types.
-Almost every Kong Family member was cast aside, since Retro Studios (for some stupid reason) seems to think that people like them speak for the entire fandom.
-They only had a whopping one Animal Buddy in the game that was ridable[...]. Even Jungle Beat had more than this.
-Water stages were removed (I don't know about anyone else, but those didn't bother me much in the SNES titles).
-The ability to switch characters was removed.
They did all of this in a game that's supposed to be a welcome-back return to the series roots, and then they had the audacity to add "Returns" to the title, when they removed so many things that made the series what it was. And don't even get me started on that "Does K. Rool HAVE to come back?" crap.

I thought Returns was the only good one in the series. I hated the rest of them.

Sure, it didn't have some characters or enemies from the first game. What kind of sequel would a game be if it didn't change some things up instead of being the same game as before.

People are entitle to their opinion, but I find some of their reasons to be completely stupid and nostalgic-based.

Crackin355 said:
What kind of sequel would a game be if it didn't change some things up instead of being the same game as before.
There's a difference between "changing some things up" and just outright removing them altogether.

People are entitle to their opinion, but I find some of their reasons to be completely stupid and nostalgic-based.
If this has anything to do with the Tikis replacing the Kremlings, then my reasons have nothing to do with nostalgia. As I've said thousands of times, for the past two (going on three) years, I hate the Tikis because they're garbage, plain and simple. They're extremely boring, generic, and have zero personality.

Crackin355 said:
I think they decided to remake it since the backgrounds are pretty amazing and 3D could enhance it.

Also, the guy who had all those rumors mentioned 'Donkey Kong Country Returns again' which is either a huge coincidence or he actually knew it would happen.
It has better be a sequel and not a remake! A REMAKE from a 2010 game? A LATE NOVEMBER 2010 game?! I know Im being fucked with. Its a sequel! Yay! Good one, guys!

The port opens up possiblites for the 3DS. If Nintendo can port a Wii game then that means they can probably port Gamecube games onto 3DS too and I'm sure lots of people would like that.

I will most likely skip the 3ds version simply because I still have yet to beat the wii version. Not only that but there are other awesome looking forst party nintendo games coming out that are NEW not a rehashed port.

Here's a comparison video between the Wii and 3DS versions:
As far as I'm concerned, there are only graphical (and control-related) differences, thus proving my point on just how redundant this port is.

If I get can get a good deal (£20 at most), I might by it just so I can play this anwhere.

Higher than that, not buying it.

Solar Blaze said:
As far as I'm concerned, there are only graphical (and control-related) differences, thus proving my point on just how redundant this port is.

Agreed.

Back