The Official "I'm going away/coming back!" Thread

Yo, I'm back now!

And, barring the lack of free Wi-Fi, the Carnival Miracle was almost a dream come true. Every meal was a banquet (whether at the all-you-can-eat buffet or the dining room with nice and fun waiters), plus unlimited 24-hour pizza and ice cream, there was a fun real-life Clue game (and btw Scarlet was the culprit), I got to hang out at a little club called Circle C half the day, and to top it all off, I got to play Smash Wii U with the people in said club (and dominate the game as King Dedede). Also, at each of the ship's stops, I went snorkeling over at the Cayman Islands, saw some crazy sunglasses-stealing monkeys at Roatan in the Honduras, went ziplining and cave tubing at Belize, and toured the Tulum Mayan Ruins in Mexico.

After we hit port, I had a little extra fun. We stopped by Busch Gardens for most of the day (and btw Cobra's Curse is the best roller coaster in existence and you should definitely go on it sometime. "I am the serpent, and you are now mine!" Never gets old), and I stayed at my uncle's house for a few hours the next morning. But ultimately, the saying "there's no place like home" couldn't be more true, and despite the sheer amount of fun I had on my trip, I'm glad to be back.

And hey, I'm just in time for the Nintendo Direct tomorrow, too! How cool is that?

Welcome back, YFJ! I hope that you enjoyed your trip! I miss you a lot!

HO HO!

(Koops-emplyed expression used to describe a mixed feeling of surprise, well-being or positive reaction)

I came back from my trip on Saturday, but my Wii U refused to open the site and continues to do so with an error code, so I'm here from my computer, which is back from repairs.

Welcome back, Georgie!

Star-Lord said:
Hey Georgie, so you really use your Wii U to post?

I used to, it was until I got an error code barring me from the site. It let me view and browse the site from when I joined until I came home from my trip. So I am now using my computer. It has been fixed up.

Today I'm leaving to go on a cruise to Alaska and won't be back home until July 1st. Access to Internet on the ship is available, but rather expensive, as such I'll need to use extreme moderation with my usage to not go over the amount we can afford (which is basically a few hours). Most of it will probably be used on June 28th to activate Super Mario Maker 2 on my Switch and maybe stream it if the internet speed is fast enough. I might drop in on that day, but otherwise I won't be back until the 1st. So, adios!

See you on 1 July. I hope you have a good time!

Hey, all.

It’s been a fun 11+ years, with a bunch of ups and downs through this wild ride, but the time has finally come for me to step away from the place I’ve called home for so long.

The more time moves on, the less I feel attached to this place and the less I find myself coming around. I suppose I’ve just lost interest as I’ve gotten older, and that is an absolutely okay thing. I sort of have had this itching feeling after GalacticPetey left for similar reasoning, but it’s finally time for me to bite the bullet and take my leave.

I’ve gotten really busy doings things personally – I’m an award-winning short story author, I’ve been dabbling in journalism and radio, I got into theatre and I am planning to be the lead stage manager for all of my university’s theatre productions this coming year, and I am currently interning with a collegiate baseball program, among a host of other things going on in my life as I head into senior year of college. I’ve finally built myself up mentally and emotionally that I actually feel healthy for once. I’ve been working out and trying to better myself every day and I am proud of myself of the type of person I have become, especially looking at how I was when I joined this place 11+ years ago when I was just 10 years old. I have the rest of my life set – I know I want to do with my life and the career I want to pursue, and I am damn well determined to do it.

This place has taught me a lot and I have met a lot of incredible, wonderful people here, and I cannot thank you all enough for allowing me to be a part of this family. This is a really special place and I hope it continues to thrive for a long time to come.

I will be removing myself from most facets of this community – the lone places I can regularly be found now that pertain to this place are the forums and the MarioWiki Discord, both of which I will be removing myself from as it is time to finally let go and say goodbye.

I love you all so much, from the bottom of my heart.

If you ever need me or want to talk to me, you know where to find me!

Could you explain this???
Super Smash Bros. Brawl uses a dual-layer disc due to the size of the game data. Nintendo of America has stated that some Wii consoles may have difficulty reading the high-density software due to a contaminated laser lens.

Well, bye, also, make sure to not talk to weridos, Yet, arn’t we all???

Back