The Official "I'm going away/coming back!" Thread

WAIT WHAT? DAMMIT WHY DON'T I CHECK THIS THREAD MORE OFTEN

Goodbye, my dear Neptune! You've always been a great friend and I wish you all the best in everything you do <3 I'll miss you.

Hardly worth mentioning but I'll be on a trip this weekend. I might be a bit more absent on the boards, but I'll still be in chat every night and of course I'll be available on Skype around the clock.
Also I'm going on a trip sometime in October, and I'll be online just as often as I regularily am.
Last but not least.....Thanksgiving trip. It's freaking me out but where I'm going to be I will häve no wifi for all of Thankgiving week. RIP Peachy :(

Hey guys.

I know we've had a long string of users leaving / retiring, and I hate to add to the stack, but I think it's time. Life is just a little crazy. School is tough, I've got two theatre productions going on, and college apps are an ever looming shadow above me. I need to focus my priorities. And for the foreseeable future, this site is not a priority.

I've been visiting this forum pretty consistantly for six years. I've certainly had some rough patches, but for the most part my time here has been enjoyable. I'd like to thank the community for being as kind and welcoming as it has, despite what I may have done in the past.

I'm sorry I won't be around to post the latest Pokemon, Marvel, or other news that I often do. Sorry I won't be around to bombard the Entertainment and Media board with a bunch of topics regarding what my current obssesion is.

I might pop in on IRC every once and awhile. This won't be the last you see of me, I can assure you, but I can't say how often I'll be back here.

So once again, thank you.

There goes GalacticPetey.
Let's all just die, OR we could just bring in a huge shipment of new users. :p
I want MarioWiki to last many years. I think we can keep it going :)
Best of luck, man.

So I would like to take a moment just to explain some things I've been dealing with, and why I basically have not been around for over a month now.

Just a bit over a month ago, I went to the hospital for some things, which turned out fine. But since then I had anxiety attacks at least once a day, sometimes up to three to four times. It was really rough dealing with it, and had one of the worse anxiety attacks I've ever had, lasting for about 3 hours before I was calm enough to go to sleep. I have generalized anxiety disorder, which means that my triggers can literally be from anything. It could be my stomach, it could be a feeling of being trapped (I also have claustrophobia), it could be me stressed out, or feeling sick, or really just anything. I went to my doctors a few times because of it in the past month, and I almost never go there, so it was really bad.

As a result of all of this, I have decided that I needed to go back to being on medication; something I haven't done since high school. I really didn't want to be on meds again, but it was just getting really bad. I didn't want this relapse to get worse, especially since school and stuff. So I've been coping with that. However, one of the biggest reasons I have not really returned was because I think the stress of everything I had to do was what made me unable to control my anxiety levels like I've been able to do regularly for the past 4 years now. School was coming up, and last fall killed me, so I was really worried about this fall (and I'm taking 19 credits, which is about 10 classes, so it's understandable to be stressed). I also had auditions to deal with, and marching band, especially now that I'm on a leadership position that requires me to be more active with that. And yes, I was stressed about the marioboards and making sure that all the things I wanted done here (mostly in the Mafia board), were done.

In order for me to mentally recover a bit and not stress myself out, I took some time to myself. Unfortunately that meant distancing myself from the marioboards, and sacrificing a lot of things I wanted to do, such as finish my mafia game. I was overloaded with everything on my plate and I pretended that I could handle everything, and I could not. I'm really sorry for my time of absence and with my sudden disappearance. This note is to let you all know what I've been dealing with, and why I am continuing to be putting this site on the backburner. I was still do what I can to make sure things are all good in the Mafia board, and now that everything has calmed down a lot with my anxiety and school schedule, I will probably check this site a bit more than I have the past month.

I hope everyone is doing well, I hope school is not killing anyone and everyone is surviving classes, and please make to take care of yourself physically and mentally.

If I can be of assistance please let me know BMB. I wish nothing but the best for you in life. Good luck, man!

I have been pressured and berated and pushed and shoved by my mother for years, and after the millionth argument about whatever pointless thing that got her mad, I told her off. I didn't tell her everything, but I made it clear that I was tired of being treated like this. Part of this includes the fact that she's made me feel like such shit that I haven't been going to school. I feel so hollow that everything feels pointless. Today, she came home, acted like my depression and suicidal tendencies are nothing to her stress, and again, I told her off. After that, she tried to shove her way into my room, tried to bite my hand so that she could force me away from the door (there's still a bit of a welt), and kept banging on it until my grandmother pushed her off. After half an hour of shouting between them, she eventually left the house, only to come back an hour later to tell me that she was going to shut off my internet since I'm not using it for anything productive.

tl;dr i won't be here much longer, and there's nothing i can do about it

I'm sorry hon is there anything I can do to help?
I was in similar (even abusive) situations and kind of can relate to your situation with having to put up with crappy people.
Please do pm me or something if you need to talk. I'm always here if anybody needs anything.

Also, I'm back from my weekend.

going on "vacation" (more like a family drama fest tbh) starting tonight, therefore my activity on here/irc/rabbit will decrease significantly until I come back on oct 3rd.

the real question is how will I survive with very little internet ;-;

Go find yourself! :yoshi: Breaks are a good thing, I find them useful in getting back into a manegable sleep routine. And cherish that time with family.

Time Turner said:
*paragraph*

tl;dr i won't be here much longer, and there's nothing i can do about it
That sounds like my dad, who makes the same arguments and shows apparently little care for others' emotional beings. He also restricts the Internet because he thinks we're "wasting our lives" and such.

My activity for the next week is likely to be fleeting as it's fresher weeks for me next week. Currently bricking it seeing as I have the social skills of a rhino. As for when I start uni the week after, my activity will depend on how well I feel I'm doing, although I'll probably be around on Tuesdays and Wednesdays as I have those off.

Duskull said:
My activity for the next week is likely to be fleeting as it's fresher weeks for me next week. Currently bricking it seeing as I have the social skills of a rhino. As for when I start uni the week after, my activity will depend on how well I feel I'm doing, although I'll probably be around on Tuesdays and Wednesdays as I have those off.
But Rambi is friendly :'(

I hope everything gets better, and my PMs and social media are always open for those whom need to vent. I always pop on by occassionally to check to see if anyone needs to talk. Take as much time as needed.

hmm guess im visiting for now, been going in and out of internet communities doe.

Back