Mario Game Ideas?

Mario doesn't really rip off other series, so it's highly unlikely.

Probably...here's an idea:

Mario and Luigi are on vacation and while they are away, Wario and Waluigi sneak into Peach's castle and use some special star-powered device to take over her mind. She decrees that all games (Because Wario and Waluigi always lose at games) are banned from the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario and Luigi and Yoshi and whonot have to travel through seven side-scrolling worlds to get to the castle and battle Wario+Princess to free the Princess and the Kingdom (Waluigi isn't major enough to have a final boss role so he is a recurring boss character and the penultimate challenge). Then Peach is freed, Wario and Waluigi do a Team Rocket and Mario gets a kiss.

Well, that's all I could think of to have Wario and Waluigi in it as their first (third in the case of Wario) major role as villains.

Like what? Wario and Waluigi always lose, it's their only factor (wait...is doing underhanded things to win a factor?). They're known for cheating and losing, so, they cheat to get rid of loss.

Ralphfan: It's a child's series! It has to be light and fluffy with a clear-set bad guy/good guy and a happily ever after where the bad guy is destroyed but doesn't actually die. Try thinking of a motive that Wario and Waluigi would have that fits into that category, other than what I said.

I am growing fond of the whole idea of Mario traveling to other dimensions and realities in a plat former. Mario has explored the universe, now it's time for him to explore the other universes.

True, but it didn't really seem like it to me. I guess I don't feel like they emphasized the concept of traveling to different dimensions as much as they could have.

I think Nintendo's already given Mario enough of a setting that they aren't gonna change it up any time soon. Considering they just expanded the Galaxy to include outer space they probably won't expand it any further for another three or so years.

They may make new locations but they won't make any major changes to their location.

Well, I would like a game where Mario and Luigi would be back in Brookly after all of these years of living in the Mushroom Kingdom. They quickly notice that Bowser has been causing mess there and Mario and Luigi naturally goes to investigate what the Koopa King has been doing in there and why he is there to begin with. Since the game is set in Brooklyn and other nearby areas that are located in our world, the game has a more realistic tone than the games set in Mushroom Kingdom. I haven't decided on the gameplay yet, but I think of something. Tell me what do you thing.

I can't help thinking of Seinfeld when I think of a Mario game taking place in NYC. With Mario as Jerry, Luigi as George, Peach as Elaine, Waluigi as Kramer, and Wario as Newman. :P

Marioguy1 said:
Well everyone loves a game where someone other than Nintendo's overexposed mascot is the hero :D
Yeah, I wish there was a game where Mario kidnapped Bowser Jr. and Bowser had to save him or vice versa.

They made Luigi and Peach a bad guy/girl (Paper Mario series), so I see no reason why they couldn't make him a one-time villain.

Marioguy1 said:
Villain11 said:
Marioguy1 said:
Well everyone loves a game where someone other than Nintendo's overexposed mascot is the hero :D
Yeah, I wish there was a game where Mario kidnapped Bowser Jr. and Bowser had to save him or vice versa.
Eh, Nintendo'll never portray Mario as the "bad guy"
But, Donkey Kong Jr......

That was more of a DK-geared game. Those have long since disappeared from the Mario series. It has its own (two) series now. And they never made Peach/Luigi villains. They made the Shadow Queen and Mr. L villains.

I still say Mario will never go to the bad guys, he emplifies the good side of the world and purity and yadayadayada (boy is the world in trouble). Mario's always gonna be the hero - there have been three (afaik) games w/o and they never got sequels...

Back