• Yes

Votes: 70 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 25.5%

• Total voters
carcinoGeneticist said:
gallowsCalibrator said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
You shouldn't believe in a religion that was made up.

I am very offended by this.
He has a point, since every religon was made up at it's begining.
I mean made up as in they came up with the religeon just to have in a video game. It's not really a religeon that people usually practice. You can agree with what you want, but I definitely don't think it's the right thing to believe.

I don't know much about Religous Stuff, Even though I'm Catholic, but I find it wierd to have a Religion based over a Pokemon, especially when Arceus is a made up creature. I don't even know if any religion is real, but I'm stuck with Jesus and God and that.

Goombella said:
Easter Egg said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
Goombella said:
I didnt vote because there was no maybe as an answer.I dont know what I believe in to be honest. Im a dedicated fan to Pokemon after seeing what Im pretty sure was a Snover in the Mourne Mts. in N.Ireland, and I kinda believe some of its religious stuff ie Arceus created the world etc, but.......like I said I dont really know what to believe in.
Who is Arceus?
Arceus is god.

Nosrsly, in the Pokémon games, Arceus is god.

For some reason, Pokémon decided to get deeper, in the early games it was just "Stop Team Rocket", now there's an entire religious system in place >_>
Exactly.
it isn't that deep either...
It's hard for me to believe God it's a pokemon...
Even if i run into ash ketchum on the streets i wouldn't believe it...

Goombella said:
Inoue said:
Did you even saw FawfulFury's explanation.
Yes I did.
Why are you offended then?

Belief of: Christian/Muslim/Buddhist/Hindu/Mormon/Jehovah's Witness/Catholic/Etcetera = FINE

Belief of: "the religion of pokémon" / "the religion of DBZ" / "the religion of super paper mario" = STUPID

In my opinion.

Archmage Mason said:
Goombella said:
Inoue said:
Yes I did.

Belief of: Christian/Muslim/Buddhist/Hindu/Mormon/Jehovah's Witness/Catholic/Etcetera = FINE

Belief of: "the religion of pokémon" / "the religion of DBZ" / "the religion of super paper mario" = STUPID

In my opinion.
Per

Archmage Mason said:
This is an outrage! As a loyal member of the religion of Super Paper Mario I am offended by this.

In all seriousness, let's finish this conversation, as an argument seems to be in the making. Let's just say that believing in the religion of Pokémon and that Arceus created the world is not at all correct, and does seem stupid. Let's also not dwell on the matter because we're getting nowhere except going off-topic.

arachnidsGrip said:
Archmage Mason said:
This is an outrage! As a loyal member of the religion of Super Paper Mario I am offended by this.

In all seriousness, let's finish this conversation, as an argument seems to be in the making. Let's just say that believing in the religion of Pokémon and that Arceus created the world is not at all correct, and does seem stupid. Let's also not dwell on the matter because we're getting nowhere except going off-topic.
Per, and to adjurn this argument with this, hopfully, last point, if Arceus created the world, then where are the pokemon?

arachnidsGrip said:
Sorry about that your mod-lyness.

As for the topic at hand, I already stated I believe in Jesus, and a lot of logical athiests/Jews/etc believe He existed, they just didn't believe He was God or born of a virgin.

Archmage Mason said:
arachnidsGrip said:
Sorry about that your mod-lyness.
That's mini-mod-lyness to you, Mason. *wheeze*

Archmage Mason said:
Goombella said:
Inoue said:
Yes I did.

In my opinion.
He said you should not believe in a made up religion, Inoue said they were offended, and I agree with Inoue.

Fawfulfury65 said:
I mean made up as in they came up with the religeon just to have in a video game. It's not really a religeon that people usually practice. You can agree with what you want, but I definitely don't think it's the right thing to believe.

I didn't think you read that.

BTW, Fawfulfury, it's spelled, "religion"

No, i didnt see that, but he said before that that you shouldnt believe in a religion that was made up, and THAT was the thing that offended me.

Goombella said:
No, i didnt see that, but he said before that that you shouldnt believe in a religion that was made up, and THAT was the thing that offended me.
I don't get what you two mean by made-up. An Atheist would say all religions are made up. A Christian would say all religions besides Christianity and Judaism are made up. A Jew would says all other religions besides Judaism are made up. A Hindu would say his religion is right.

There are exceptions to all of those, but I THINK "made-up" would mean "DBZ/Super Paper Mario/Spirited Away" here so like, religions without tax-exempt status, like cults or ones made up in games/movies, for the most part.

EDIT: And go away MCD. If you think we're derailing this thread, discreetly report it or wait to see if a mod/admin thinks THEY need to take action.

Ben Stein said:
EDIT: And go away MCD. If you think we're derailing this thread, discreetly report it or wait to see if a mod/admin thinks THEY need to take action.
I said it was going that way, not is in that state at the moment. To be honest, I think the topic could be expanded to what we are currently on the subject of.

Ben Stein said:
An Atheist would say all religions are made up.
Not necessarilly; most Buddhists are technically Atheists because most forms of Buddhism have no deities. There are a few that think Budha himself was a god, but that's it. Atheism is only imcompatible with "There definitely is a god, period." It's got nothing to do with a belief in re-incarnation, karma, an afterlife, miracles, etc. Although, personally, I've met almost no Atheists that did believe in these things.

Also, I think a religion centered around Arceus makes about as much sense as the theology of today's major religions. There's equally little evidence for both of the aforementioned (ergo, none).

Frank Sinatra said:
Also, I think a religion centered around Arceus makes about as much sense as the theology of today's major religions. There's equally little evidence for both of the aforementioned (ergo, none).
Well, other than the fact that Arceus is explicitly known to be a fictional character.

I guess that sentence of mine was poorly worded. I was alluding to any magical powers or divine influences that were supposedly involved in the activities of Jesus or Mohammed and the like.

This is why I said "there are exceptions to all of those." Including atheism. And I'm sure people exist who believe each religion has their own heaven o_o

I am Christian (United Church) but I am not exactly a good Christian. I believe more in the theory of evolution and big bang etc than anything else.

Back