• Yes

Votes: 70 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 25.5%

• Total voters
Sharks Territory said:
clapem.gif

PokemonMaster said:
We still need to lock this so it doesn't get bumped in 2 years or so.
Next person to say something like this in/about this thread gets a warning. No joke.

If it ever gets out of hand, believe it or not, we mods are competent enough to notice.

Krizzy said:
arsenicCatnip said:
I cannot say I'm very fond of the morals that christianity and the church are spreading...

Um, what's wrong with our morals? I'm just asking, don't kill me...

Among other things, I find their stance on homosexuality pretty questionable, especially how it is considered a mental illness that needs to be purged. The whole thing is pretty stupid and makes me question if those guys even know the central virtues of their own religion. Christianity is about the New Testament and following the example of Jesus Christ, a guy who was all about forgiving sins and looking at ones own faults instead of those of others. This brings the pursuit of gays into dogma territory and would make Jesus feel pretty terrible if he knew. I don't know if the Vatican still does stuff like that. I haven't bothered keeping up with their recent activities because I stopped caring some time ago.

Also, I don't have anything against christians in general (i.e. the guys who just peacefully go or don't go to church). My whole family is christian. I'm just irked by the religious extremists. That means you can relax as I won't kill you. I never planned to, so the implication is a bit rude, but whatever.

arsenicCatnip said:
Krizzy said:
arsenicCatnip said:
I cannot say I'm very fond of the morals that christianity and the church are spreading...
Um, what's wrong with our morals? I'm just asking, don't kill me...
Among other things, I find their stance on homosexuality pretty questionable, especially how it is considered a mental illness that needs to be purged. The whole thing is pretty stupid and makes me question if those guys even know the central virtues of their own religion. Christianity is about the New Testament and following the example of Jesus Christ, a guy who was all about forgiving sins and looking at ones own faults instead of those of others. This brings the pursuit of gays into dogma territory and would make Jesus feel pretty terrible if he knew. I don't know if the Vatican still does stuff like that. I haven't bothered keeping up with their recent activities because I stopped caring some time ago.

Also, I don't have anything against christians in general (i.e. the guys who just peacefully go or don't go to church). My whole family is christian. I'm just irked by the religious extremists. That means you can relax as I won't kill you. I never planned to, so the implication is a bit rude, but whatever.
Especially the puritans, annoying, oh and per

arsenicCatnip said:
I find their stance on homosexuality pretty questionable, especially how it is considered a mental illness that needs to be purged.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to homosexuality as a mental illness...

Krizzy said:
arsenicCatnip said:
I find their stance on homosexuality pretty questionable, especially how it is considered a mental illness that needs to be purged.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to homosexuality as a mental illness...
It was legally defined as one until the 70's if I recall correctly.

Krizzy said:
arsenicCatnip said:
The Bible never said that, but this is most likely a quote from the Pope or puritans.

Sayoko Shinozaki said:
I don't really believe what the Catholic-Christian churches say, they are very ignorant.
We are now bros for life.

Every religion has extremists. Christians who are against homosexuality and abortion, among other things, and Catholics who hate and physically attack Protestants (it's happened in Ireland if I remember correctly) are extremists, in my opinion.

Sayoko Shinozaki said:
Aren't the puritans and the pope heritects since they alter the laws in the Bible?
I guess you could say that, in a sense, unless someone who knows more about the Bible disagrees.

I get what your saying, that makes sense. But God say not to change, alter, or add to his laws.

arachnidsGrip said:
Every religion has extremists. Christians who are against homosexuality and abortion, among other things, and Catholics who hate and physically attack Protestants (it's happened in Ireland if I remember correctly) are extremists, in my opinion.
arachnidsGrip said:
(it's happened in Ireland if I remember correctly)
It happens ANYWHERE if I remember WHATEVERLY. XD

But other than Catholics, I don't think it's really that "every religion has extremists." Certain people, no matter what they say they are, can be extremists. Being a certain relgion isn't going to make you a better person if you're an inherently bad egg.

Fawfulfury65 said:
What? People change the Bible? I'm very sure it is the same as when it was first written.
Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses and Seventh-day Adventists (more or less) oh my! They of course have the right to believe what they want but even they won't deny that their books (at least the first two) are alterations of the original, widely accepted Bible.

Let's just leave it that people are morons and are going to do bad stuff no matter what. I'm just happy that Jesus will forgive me and doesn't hold grudges like some of those Greek gods did.

Krizzy said:
Let's just leave it that people are morons and are going to do bad stuff no matter what. I'm just happy that Jesus will forgive me and doesn't hold grudges like some of those Greek gods did.
The greek gods are a bunch of *bleep*heads. Let's just send in Kratos so he can care of those *bleep*.

Krizzy said:
I've never heard of a Christian believing the Greek Gods actually existed but that's pretty cool I guess.

Sayoko Shinozaki said:
The greek gods are a bunch of *bleep*heads. Let's just send in Kratos so he can care of those *bleep*.
I want to work for Eris...

ToD the ToaD said:
Wonder if anybody here has seen Zeitgeist... Addemdum i believe...
Zeitgeist has been debunked as nothing more than a piece of conspiracy theorist drivel.

arachnidsGrip said:
Catholics who hate and physically attack Protestants (it's happened in Ireland if I remember correctly)
The Troubles were largely fuelled by centuries old religious conflict (mostly from the Anti-Irish perseuction by the English). However, the main reasons for sectarian conflict were actually quite secular. The IRA had Marxism as one of its main ideologies. The main reason was the question of future sovereignty of Northern Ireland, not one of religious conflict.

Mason said:
Krizzy said:
I've never heard of a Christian believing the Greek Gods actually existed but that's pretty cool I guess.

Well, I am 100% positive that they didn't; I was speaking rhetorically.

Most certainly and quite strongly, although my morals of Jesus and his father reside in the actual lessons taught throughout the bible, so you won't see me discriminating all over the place and threatening to kill you because you have a different mentallity(sp?) about my spiritual life.

Life has actually changed a lot since I started believing though and for the better, not some everyday person was capable of doing. Hard to explain I guess, but it just seems like life has perked up quite a bit since my first deep prayer and onwards belief in him.

So yeah, I believe in Jesus and his father and I think they exist. Proud of it.

I'll sing it to you if you want me to.

We need to lock this look:
Sophie Wood said:
Krizzy said:
A fight in the making already.

PokemonMaster said:
Sophie Wood said:
Krizzy said:

Well everyone did this real cool thing, I learned it by the way, ignore posts that have no value to discussion, we wouldn't have to!

Plus the history surrounding many religions is always interesting, as a fellow historian, I wouldn't mind some good discussion on the greek gods and other such things.

PokemonMaster said:
Sophie Wood said:
Krizzy said:

Seriously? What did I say about doing this? Consider yourself warned.

Back