Do you beleive in Jesus?

Do You???

• Yes

Votes: 70 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 25.5%

• Total voters
Dr. Javelin said:
I read somewhere about Pliny the Elder, the Greek historian, writing down some of the events in the Bible such as the eclipse during the crucifixion, and there are also Roman historical records about the crucifixion.
Not dated to Jesus's actual lifetime.

Mason said:
I don't know where we are now but hey, I've read some of the gospels that supposedly conflict. (Like Luke and Matthew?)

Totally, totally seems like a matter of semantics. So far I haven't seen anything big enough to be considered a conflict. You also have to realize that those gospels were supposedly personal accounts.
Yeah it was something about Jesus being born during or after the reign of an emperor or something like that.

You said these Q Documents support the existance of Jesus Christ, there is also the Dead Sea Scrolls that gave great insight and support of Christianity, missing pieces of the Bible, and the existance of Jesus. It has been a long time since i've heard about those so I can't really remember any specifics.

Again, these are not dated to Jesus's actual lifetime. A prophet who can do magic tricks seems just plain irrational to me. :-X

Jesus's lifetime was 0 BC/AD and 32-33 AD. You're using the Common Era counting system which doesn't apply to Jesus at all. With the traditional one, all of these events recorded in historical writings match up.

Common Era counting only disguises the fact that Jesus is the basis for our yearly calendar. Like it or not, Jesus's birthyear is the year we base our calendars off of.

Dr. Javelin said:
Jesus's lifetime was 0 BC/AD and 32-33 AD. You're using the Common Era counting system which doesn't apply to Jesus at all. With the traditional one, all of these events recorded in historical writings match up.

Common Era counting only disguises the fact that Jesus is the basis for our yearly calendar. Like it or not, Jesus's birthyear is the year we base our calendars off of.
CE is the non-Christian way of saying AD. BCE is the non-Christian way of saying BC. I'm saying it to be fair to Jews, Muslims, and seculars. :)

He was most certainly not born 0 BC/AD. You know why? There is no year zero. God damn it.

BLT said:
There is no year zero. God damn it.
Actually there is. It was the basis of the joke at the end of that episode of Seinfeld about the millennium.

Herr Shyguy said:
BLT said:
There is no year zero. God damn it.
Actually there is. It was the basis of the joke at the end of that episode of Seinfeld about the millennium.
The whole point of the episode was Kramer's millennia party was a year early.

There is no year zero.

[quote author="WIKIPEDIA"]
"Year zero" does not exist in the widely used Gregorian calendar or in its predecessor, the Julian calendar. Under those systems, the year 1 BC is followed by AD 1. However, there is a year zero in astronomical year numbering (where it coincides with the Julian year 1 BC) and in ISO 8601:2004 (where it coincides with the Gregorian year 1 BC) as well as in all Buddhist and Hindu calendars.
[/quote]
No, there isn't. :)

If you're trying to embarrass me my sigging me, you could at least quote the entire thing and not take my words out of context.

Figment said:
There is a year zero. That's why this century's called the 21st century and not the 20th.

No. There's a 21st century because the years 1 to 100 were known as the 1st Century, not the 0th Century.

Dr. Javelin said:
If you're trying to embarrass me my sigging me, you could at least quote the entire thing and not take my words out of context.
I replaced it with a more appropriate "There is no year zero" sig. I didn't quote the whole thing because there is a cap on the amount of characters in a sig. I'm not trying to embarrass you, and I certainly hope it didn't come off like that.

Figment said:
There is a year zero. That's why this century's called the 21st century and not the 20th.

Not quite accurate.

The current century is called that because, surprise, it's the 21st century, counting from either year zero or year one. You can count along, beginning from year one:

1-100 --> 1st century
101-200 --> 2nd century
201-300 --> 3rd century
301-400 --> 4th century
401-500 --> 5th century
501-600 --> 6th century
(...)
1901-2000 --> 20th century
2001-2100 --> 21th century

You can also vary the way you count it if you want (x00 to x99 instead of x01 to x00), but that's pretty much what it boils down to. One single year doesn't make much of a difference; we'd still be in the 21st century even without a year zero.

The Dead Sea Scrolls were in Jesus's lifetime, they were calculated between 150 B.C. to 70 A.D., and why does it matter that they have to take account exactly on his lifetime ???

Mutsuki Minase said:
The Dead Sea Scrolls were in Jesus's lifetime, they were calculated between 150 B.C. to 70 A.D., and why does it matter that they have to take account exactly on his lifetime ???
The Dead Sea Scrolls aren't related to Jesus, they are from the Hebrew Bible.

To answer your question, if an account wasn't written during Jesus's lifetime, it is probably oral tradition.

What if no one wrote a book about Bill Gates during his lifetime?

Mutsuki Minase said:
source please

e7.jpg

The Old Testament is where the Torah is and other stuff, and the New Testament is where Jesus is. Completely different.

The Bible contradicts science, rationality and condones killing innocents.

Back