What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020)

Finally got to see this movie. It was pretty great! Love the way Dr. Eggman is played in this movie, and also appreciate how they went for a design for Sonic that wasn't overly realistic...despite the disaster that was the original trailer.

That ending teased a sequel big time...and it'll have Tails, too. A very clear reference to Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Maybe they'll have Knuckles in a potential 3rd movie? Also appreciated the reference to Green Hill Zone with the setting choice.

Just watched 1990 TMNT: I remember watching the Quebec dub on cable way back and it was lame and kiddified so I thought the movie sucked. I was wrong tho; this is a pretty kickass movie! I can see why James Rolfe is so nostalgic for it now

I will say this is a verry funny image though...

1591229521398.png

Went down nostalgia road and watched some classic oldies. Namely Treasure Planet, Cinderella III, The Road to El Dorado, and Sinbad. (The former two were Disney and the latter two were Dreamworks, in case there was any confusion)

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020)

Finally got to see this movie. It was pretty great! Love the way Dr. Eggman is played in this movie, and also appreciate how they went for a design for Sonic that wasn't overly realistic...despite the disaster that was the original trailer.

That ending teased a sequel big time...and it'll have Tails, too. A very clear reference to Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Maybe they'll have Knuckles in a potential 3rd movie? Also appreciated the reference to Green Hill Zone with the setting choice.
Just being honest, I didn't really like it. not my thing.

The imitation games - 7/10
I enjoyed it. I dont know how accurate it is but nice to watch a historical movie about something important.

Yesterday, I watched Toy Story 1.

The ten commandments (1956) great movie and great music.
Its a true story about GOD!

Superman II

Really good film I'd even say I liked it more than the first. I got really confused though when

Superman suddenly having his powers again after supposedly removing them irrevocably, but upon looking it up later it turns out that there's two different versions of this film and the other version has a scene that's missing from the one i watched, where Superman meets a hologram of Jor-El and admits he made a fatal mistake so Superman's powers are restored at the cost of the Fortress of Solitude's functionality, thus Superman can never talk to the holograms of his Kryptonian parents again.

So yeah that makes sense now but I'm kinda annoyed that there wasn't a proper explanation for this in the version I was watching.

Other than that it was as I say a brilliant film, really high stakes and great plot twists and turns, it was a pleasure to see General Zod, Ursa, and Non in a film like this after having seen them before in DC Super Hero Girls.

Corpse Bride

Watched this as I loved Coraline so others recommended to me. I think the start of this film was pretty dull but once Victor enters the Land of the Dead for the first time it became better. Overall I moderately enjoyed the film. Unlike Coraline, which I'd loved for being genuinely horrifying near that film's end, I don't think it was actually scary though it just had very Halloweeny themes.

Akira
All i can say is...
whoa, what? wild.
Also don't watch it if you don't like hyper violent R rated films.

Wallace and Gromit the curse of the were rabbit

Damn that was a really fun movie. I heard good things about it, and it really is that good

X-Men: Days of Future Past

I believed this was basically meant to be a sequel to The Last Stand which I'd seen a few years ago and liked that one a fair amount and I've known about this one for at least 3 or so years but only today I finally get around to watching it.

The plot was remarkably similar to Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, I sort of guess it isn't that special but we have two parallel timelines and someone going back in time to correct the past so that an end of the world future is prevented, and in this film we have scenes that switch between the two timelines, particularly at the end, but the bulk of it is set in the 1973 part. I think this was a cool concept but I think the plot got really hard to keep up with at the end.

Wolverine as the main protagonist was cool but I thought it was a disappointment that I didn't get to see him in action too much, he mainly only just uses his knowledge of the future to save the day rather than his powers or other skills (during the 1973 portion he doesn't have the adamantium skeleton.)

Overall I think it was good but I wish it were better and that the story was a bit easier to understand first time through

Back