What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Nipper

ipipipip!!
I'm 40 minutes into Little Monsters (1989, not Hulu) and oh god it's like Cat in the Hat nightmare edition. Or Cat in the Hat meets Monsters Inc. but Sully's off his rocker on drugs.

Raven

Whatever.
Mulan (original animated version)

I have a very faint memory of watching part of this film when I was very young (long before the live action version existed) and then I heard all this talk about the live action not being as good so I decided to finally get round to fully watching this version. It might be nostalgia for the other Disney movies talking, but I'd say this was one of the weaker Disney films I've seen imo. But still a good film in its own right.

Chair

yo that's a sick chair tho
The Mario movie

this movie is pretty much enjoyable from how bad it is and tbh, the story has nothing to do with the games. And don't let me start talking about the goombas, or else you're gonna turn into one!

Raven

Whatever.
Shrek 2

I saw Shrek 1 & 2 when I was very young, and I returned to Shrek 1 for the first time in many years last year, I wanted to return to Shrek 2 at some point and I recently found out Shrek 2 was put on Netflix UK so I watched that this evening. I'd say it was really good, much better than the first film which was in itself a pretty decent movie. Lots of funny moments and the songs were a throwback to my childhood lmao. Plot was also decent, most of it I didn't remember so that was cool since it was like I was watching it for the first time

Linus van Pelt

Shadow Prince
Shrek 2

I saw Shrek 1 & 2 when I was very young, and I returned to Shrek 1 for the first time in many years last year, I wanted to return to Shrek 2 at some point and I recently found out Shrek 2 was put on Netflix UK so I watched that this evening. I'd say it was really good, much better than the first film which was in itself a pretty decent movie. Lots of funny moments and the songs were a throwback to my childhood lmao. Plot was also decent, most of it I didn't remember so that was cool since it was like I was watching it for the first time
The first two Shreks were always the best ones

PaperYoshi

Dinosaur Island Ambassador
Godzilla vs Kong (2021), Mortal Kombat (2022), Last Holiday, and Just Wright.

Raven

Whatever.
The LEGO Batman Movie

Brilliant. LEGO Batman 1 on the DS and Wii was a childhood favourite and LEGO Batman 3 for 3DS and X360 has been incredible in the last year. In addition, I enjoyed both of the LEGO movies with 1 being a childhood favourite and 2 I saw only recently (specifically on my 18th birthday and I only rented it so I haven't been able to rewatch it since but I would definitely like to someday). So putting the two together is a cool concept alone. But this surpassed my expectations easily because the plot just kept getting more interesting and cool and had a lot of cool characters in it and some good songs too. So yeah I had an awesome 1h45m this afternoon

(Edit: On the other hand I'm really not a fan of this version of Batgirl despite liking her in DCSHG. I wasn't a fan of her personality or
the fact she only ever becomes batgirl at the end. Also I didn't really like that Batman had a secret crush on her that never went anywhere.

The Joker also could have been better, I feel that he's better in LEGO Batman 3 and LEGO Dimensions because he's crazier and eviller (whilst still being child friendly) but still has the thing where he enjoys the competition against Batman)

Last edited: