the official "u did it" thread

I donated blood (for the first time). I encourage anyone who can do it (requirements are pretty strict) to do it at least once; the donation itself is fairly simple and practically painless, and your donated blood can help save the lives of up to four people who urgently need blood.

Hobbes said:
I donated blood (for the first time). I encourage anyone who can do it (requirements are pretty strict) to do it at least once; the donation itself is fairly simple and practically painless, and your donated blood can help save the lives of up to four people who urgently need blood.

absolutely, i did a lot in school and had no regrets.

Nibbs said:
Hobbes said:
I encourage anyone who can do it (requirements are pretty strict) to do it at least once
Yeah I never donated blood because I'm pretty sure they can deny you just if you're gay which I am.
They do if you've had sexual intercourse. They also do if you've had tattoos recently, if you take medications, if you weight under 50kg, if you've had certain illnesses... The hardest part is meeting the requirements.

yeah sadly i cant donate blood anymore due to all the medication i take which is a shame because they really need blood samples.

i want to donate blood in theory but im terrified of needles and i don't like seeing blood in large amounts

Nabber said:
i want to donate blood in theory but im terrified of needles and i don't like seeing blood in large amounts
You could technically not see the blood, but I have to admit the needle is a bit larger than regular needles :/

makes me wonder why needles have never bothered me regardless of their size

I've always hated needles. Something about having my skin get broken by a long metal cylinder just bothers me.

lol im so used to getting needles stuck in me i look at them going in now

having to have your blood work done alot kinda does that to you

Hobbes said:
They also do if you've had tattoos recently
i'm getting tattoos and my parents say to be careful because "you'll never ever be able to donate blood", and somehow i think that's false as the ink has to leave your bloodstream eventually

Kanan Matsuura said:
Hobbes said:
They also do if you've had tattoos recently
i'm getting tattoos and my parents say to be careful because "you'll never ever be able to donate blood", and somehow i think that's false as the ink has to leave your bloodstream eventually
AFAIK most places now only reject you if you've had tattoos done in the past year, but there are still some other places that reject you if you have any tattoos.

Welp, so I'm pretty much done modeling some things from total scratch:

sfBWjV2.png

iUumLvh.png

2zD5g8a.png

Baby Luigi, Baby Mario, and my persona in that order. I've decided to change the outfit of my persona to something more...outfitty and less like attached septic tanks all over to my character that how Spore does if you want to outfit them.

Going to UV unwrap these, which will be sooooo much fun!!!!! (not really)

Still have to paint textures, create bump/spec maps, create bones, rig, and write a .qc file before I port these to Gmod so I'm still long ways.

I FINALLY WON A 100% ORANGE JUICE GAME

i'd like to thank meta knight, tfp, and lord bowser for making this all possible
two years without a single win

I saw Hamilton! Very good play, I had forgotten it was basically a rap opera at first and was surprised but they make the concept work to the best. It's no wonder it's been talked about wildly.

also mike pence was there, that was a surprise

Magnolia Arch said:
I saw Hamilton! Very good play, I had forgotten it was basically a rap opera at first and was surprised but they make the concept work to the best. It's no wonder it's been talked about wildly.

also mike pence was there, that was a surprise
oh my god you were at the mike pence showing??? holy shit

Took the bf to an irl escape room thing. It was really fun though we didn't solve the thing in time. It's nice to know that if we were in Zero Escape we'd die :b

Bowled Singles and Doubles today. Singles...

...sucked. I couldn't get out of the mid 80s, had 85, 85, 86, 84, 81. Doubles went way better, in fact I broke 100 twice. 98, 110, 101, 83, 94.

Couldn't share this on Sunday but I did went to an Animation Expo and it was so great meeting all of these artists and colleges, as well as students who made very great computer animated work! Future colleges that have courses that share my interests are DigiPen (yeah, THAT DigiPen, the one founded by Nintendo of America), CSU Northridge, and Laguna College.

Baby Luigi said:
DigiPen (yeah, THAT DigiPen, the one founded by Nintendo of America)

I went to one of their Preview Days like a week ago and had the chance to meet Mr. Claude Comair. They gave me a lot of insight and I'd be happy to share some information I got from them if you're interested

Back