What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Mario Kart 64

I forgot how much this game fucking sucks. I hate it.

Worst normal Mario Kart game imo.

Garry's Mod

20221020215308_1.jpg

The Protectors enter a shrine from BoTW.

Ray Trace: Woah man! This place is big.
Kontrast: Yeah....
Bluminescence: Hey, it looks like a puzzle is awaiting us! That sounds like fun.
Ultra Violet: See, I was RIGHT! There is some stupid puzzle awaiting us, I told you they ain't gonna just give us the power-up if we just waltz in.
Redshift: Good thing you figured that out. Now I bet you can instantly figure out this puzzle too.

Heh- Mario Tennis Aces(Fun Fact! I now have a Waluigi Hat!)

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Also I drew my OC during the events of Mario Tennis Aces. Her boyfriend got possessed by Thanos' Meth-Addicted tennis racket, but the birds accepted her as their queen, so she has that going for her.

decided to play angry birds dream blast for the first time, cleaved through 50 levels in one sitting
unknown.png

angry birds fans tend to think this game is the devil and ruined everything. so im partially playing out of spite. turns out its p fun!
it also is the most consistent source of matilda and blues content lately so thats actually the main reason i was interested in it ( i like matilda ) ( the artwork is very nice ). i saw matilda during this session even if only in an event artwork pop up thingamabob
unknown.png

here is a screenshot of birds
unknown.png

oh also i played a bit of fancy pants adventures world 1 remix earlier if you want to see a more normal game

Last edited:
another spontaneous mobile videos game session: shrek the third, again, except on an emulator
so for some reason this version looks really poorly resized even though its at the intended resolution but whatever
this is also a more expanded vesrion from the one i played on my symbian phone a couple years ago, with some extra levels, but otherwise the level design thats theer is the same
even despite looking really poorly resized the graphics are still very nice especially in the castle levels
image.png
image.png
image.png

shrek can spin dash. by the way.
image.png

two of the boss fights bigly reminded me of the dkc1 final boss. secret: the dkc1 final boss actually bigly reminded me of shrek the third. in this one you have to avoid cannonballs at the sky and then punch a guy who runs back and forth increasingly more times between hits. it is a lot easier though bc this is just an easy game in general and it keeps handing you extra health and hp pickups and stuff, and you have a lot of that hp and not like 2 tops
image.png

after beating the game the game prompted me to look at other gameloft titles and i got a rayman jumpscare LMAO
image.png
image.png

easy game but pretty fun for being a j2me 2d platformer with some nice pixel art. i have nothing to say on how well it adapts the movie bc ive not watched any shrek whatsoever since childhood when i didnt remember anything from what i watched and also apparently shrek the third is a bad movie anyway. makes for a p good game though

Last edited:
the goat of obscure 2000's ball puzzlers (and like three of its sequels)

1667772530588.png

Yoshi's New Island
I was last at a cave level where you have to time your jump really smartly to get more collectibles or you fall down into the pit.
I'm surprised critics saw this game so much less positively than the New Super Mario Bros. games; it feels like it actually adds more new to the formula than NSMB did to main series Mario so far, like giant eggs and the tilt control Yoshi vehicle system. It's cute and fun too.

that one is diagonal valley rally special level from world 1 isn't it

that one is diagonal valley rally special level from world 1 isn't it
No it's Cave of the Nipper Plants

When I said "where you have to time your jump really smartly to get more collectibles or you fall down into the pit" I meant this specific part actually cause it's kinda tough
B81423B8-EB85-4F89-BFA6-B8CD926CBCC6.jpeg

um you're supposed to toss an egg there

Oh that does the trick? Oh right lol I forgot would have been useful to remember that before I went to all that narrow chance jumping LMAO

Garry's Mod

Bunch of Protector-themed screenies, but here are some from other sessions I forgot to share.

20221021003521_1.jpg

20221024232021_1.jpg

20221102191005_1.jpg

20221102193729_1.jpg

20221121155707_1.jpg

20221121164132_1.jpg

20221121170811_1.jpg

20221121173043_1.jpg

20221121174644_1.jpg

Took one more.

20221121200044_1.jpg

Last edited:
got a nokia emulator working and now im achieving my dreams of plaiing bounce touch on something other than a tiny phone. its a cute little game and also interesting to think about because its made by rovio!!! and now i keep imagining an angry birds game like it
image.png

there are similarities. you play as a red ball with huge eyebrows that is a scrimblo. there are birds in this game
image.png
image.png

oh yeah i also played global race racing thunder (i played that firts before bounce touch) and did badly it was actually way better on said tiny phone bc you could just rotate the phone to steer ...
image.png

tux racer found out you can do tricks if you hold d. which just makes tux spin in midair ridiculously fast. its super funny and fun this makes flying in the air (which already gave you a speed boost) 10 times better than the normal flapping animation
highlights from ending a course while tricking
image.png
image.png
image.png

i got a pb of 22.61 on this course btw after a lot of attempts
herez the clip https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...5/1046911564130820146/2022-11-29_00-55-21.mp4

i killed the thread with tux racer (and actually bounce touch previously. yeah.) lets kill it a third time with supertux
which i also downloaded spontaneously

so its a lot like smb1 of course but theres some interesting things to it. for example , you can backflip and ground pound! te entire time while performing the groundpound you can actually keep moving left to right even after the little bounce after landing so thats neat. the controls otherwise take a bit of getting used to though. i find it hard to land on tiny precise platforms. also, you can swim! the swimming controls are better than in any 2d mario!
and also the fire flower (its literally just called that in the game) actually has a purpose when collected while youre already powered up, as it lets you cast an additional fireball that can be on screen at a time. like youve collected 4 fire flowers so then youre allowed to have 4 fireballs up on screen at the same time before you can cast another
ALSO! the bounce arc of the fireballs depend on how far they fall from where you are, like if they just land on the floor in front of tux they only bounce a little (just enough to easily kill any on ground enemies) but if youre standing near a cliff and shooting downwards then the fireballs do a BIG bounce. its neat theres more complexity to fire flowers than i expected
also theres no lives, instead theres a "tux doll" that immediately came off to me like it was intended to be a 1up equivalent at some point before they got rid of lives and made it just give you 100 coins. presumably thats how that happened anyway. idk what the coins are for but they also accumulate from each level and you can also 100% each level by collecting every coin, secret, and killing every badguy its interesting
a neat thing is that the empty question mark blocks actually leave a tux reflection if you stand on them
heres a cool background (this also demonstrates the fire flower quirks)
image.png

one of the first levels is an obvious smb 1-1 homage

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
I just beat Turnabout Memories, and while it still had too easy parts, it more easily was my favorite of the starter cases in the trilogy, as I like how it seems to be starting to connect things, that there were more personal stakes, and its slightly darker tone compared to the first two starter cases

finally got a spore playthrough to space stage, decied to start it off by spending too long dressing up my empires creatures and then casually getting frequent flyer 5 before i even finish the whole tutorial bit
image.png

image.png

edit: i found a planet named There
image.png

Last edited:
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
I just finished the first half of The Stolen Turnabout early this morning, and wow, it had an interesting twist right at the end of the first trial! My thoughts on this case are mostly positive right now. I like having both Maya and Pearl as companions, and the continuity from Reunion, and Turnabout is gripping as it makes the case feel a bit more in the series' arc. Luke Atmey's pompousness is really fun too. Though I would say I find Ron DeLite's freakouts to be a bit annoying sometimes, although he's still not close to being as icky as my least favorite character in the series.

Last edited:
TMNT Cowabunga Collection or Mario and Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics

Back