What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Working on The Next Penelope Race to Odysseus. I really like the premise. Old mythology meets space scifi. A racing game that is also a shooter. This game would kick ass if it got a big budget remake for super good graphics.

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

Just made it to Mosquito Marsh.

I played EarthBound yesterday on my 2DS

I got to the third sanctuary, even though I didn't realize how horrible diamondization was of a status condition until I saw that Jaque (my name for Paula) didn't get any EXP beating the boss due to it, so I restarted the game from my last phone save point and was fortunately able to beat the Trillionage Sprout without any of my characters getting diamondized

Last edited:
I started playing Teeny Titans Go Figure.
It's so high spec my phone has a 1/5 chance of successfully booting it up.
So far it's really good! It's open world rpg with at least 3 cities to explore. You choose your titan and get their voice dialogue. There's 100 fighters to collect and they're all fleshed out with 3D animation real time battles.

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

(it's not really 'the complete saga' anymore with the sequels but also let's be honest here - only one of the sequels is any good the last jedi is best star war since empire strikes back don't @ me)

Xenoblade 2

I've played this up to where I first beat up Morag (rain is Brighid's mortal weakness, good to know, she should probably carry an umbrella around), combat is confusing, game's slow to start, but none of that bothers me too much and I'm willing to invest in it. Focused on the main quests. I don't like how they place like, level 30 and 40 fucking enemies in areas where you have to beat up a level 8 story relevant enemy, I got killed by them because I aggro'd them while fighting another guy. I know there are options to turn enemy aggro off unless you aggressively initiate them but I don't own that DLC yet.

So far, the game reminds me of Spore except it has auto-attack in cooldown phases. I just click ready abilities (like Spore) and I don't quite understand combo mechanisms nor blade customizations yet. I like the characters so far and I actually like the campiness of some cutscenes, such as that pirate dude with the giant armor blade guy arguing about what color emerald is. Rex doesn't bother me, I find him amusing, Pyra is likable and I sorta get the idea that she's supposed to be deity-like that's why she's idealized, but I still don't like her outfit and her overall design because I think it runs a huge disservice to her character. Nia is generally great so far, Tora is fine even if Nopons strongly remind me of Jar Jar Binks from the way they talk.

Xenoblade 2

I've played this up to where I first beat up Morag (rain is Brighid's mortal weakness, good to know, she should probably carry an umbrella around), combat is confusing, game's slow to start, but none of that bothers me too much and I'm willing to invest in it. Focused on the main quests. I don't like how they place like, level 30 and 40 fucking enemies in areas where you have to beat up a level 8 story relevant enemy, I got killed by them because I aggro'd them while fighting another guy. I know there are options to turn enemy aggro off unless you aggressively initiate them but I don't own that DLC yet.

So far, the game reminds me of Spore except it has auto-attack in cooldown phases. I just click ready abilities (like Spore) and I don't quite understand combo mechanisms nor blade customizations yet. I like the characters so far and I actually like the campiness of some cutscenes, such as that pirate dude with the giant armor blade guy arguing about what color emerald is. Rex doesn't bother me, I find him amusing, Pyra is likable and I sorta get the idea that she's supposed to be deity-like that's why she's idealized, but I still don't like her outfit and her overall design because I think it runs a huge disservice to her character. Nia is generally great so far, Tora is fine even if Nopons strongly remind me of Jar Jar Binks from the way they talk.
Are you playing this on emulation or a Switch?

Bought the game on Switch. Physical copies are hard to get by, so I had to go digital.

The Next Penelope
I'm done, I give up. Even with maxed stats I can't beat Arachne. At least I beat all the other bosses except the final.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All
I just beat The Lost Turnabout I think three days ago. Consensus on this case from fans is that it's mediocre at best, which I knew before starting it, but was hoping I'd have a more positive take. At least for the most part nah, they're right. It has a really easy first half, a not that good culprit, and we're not introduced to Psyche-Locks considering those are introduced in this game. Two other nitpicks are

Technically Dustin could have been in a close relationship with Maggey and still have not known how to spell her name correctly, and there is one time where someone says Gumshoe has a crush on Maggey when he does nothing giving evidence for that.

I still didn't hate the case though, as the second half is more sufficiently challenging, everyone in the first game is in character, and it ends satisfyingly enough. One area where it is a massive improvement on The First Turnabout as a starter case is its defendant; I'd rather be defending a likable police officer than someone who feels too much like just a simp stereotype sometimes. Just that it's in my bottom two out of the six AA cases I've played along with that one. There's still room for Justice For All to grow on me a lot if I like Reunion And Turnabout, Turnabout Big Top, and Farewell My Turnabout a lot more, just like the first game got a lot better than its first case.

starbound
i made another silly little species mod with my silly little hands
after huge braining and figuring out how to get the customization i want working, and then other tweaks,
unknown.png

i am indeed very small and able to fit through 2 block tall gaps. which im surprised worked first try (bc i copied the hitbox code from penguins directly who are also 2 blocks tall)
unknown.png
unknown.png

the short stature is an advantage if i want to reach to something below me (normally 4 block tall people would have to crouch)
unknown.png

varying other bird heights (they are all larger than me)
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

i do lose breath in a 2 block high space for some reason but its not a big deal at all because its easy to just dig up a block or two just above you (bc you can breathe fine in a 3 block tall space) and later on you just get the epp later which will give you breath always so you will never choke in the ground
unknown.png

visual effects are a little wonky. i am not bothering with this for now
unknown.png

i also found out through a tech challenge that indeed the default running speed WAS set far too low (8 instead of the default 14) (i also had this copied from penguins and they just had running speed set to 8 for some reason). i set it to 14 making me very fast (compared to how i was) and my doublejump lets me cross large gaps (i fell short of them prior to this)
unknown.png

i dont have a screenshot only a vid but i also cheesed the morphball challenge with my small stature. normally youre supposed to moprhball to pass through these tiny tunnels but i just walked through them because thats fun. also heres a video link just embed it in discord its cool https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/521051137839726605/985928371684925531/2022-06-13_18-26-04.mp4
also it is not morph ball it is Distortion Sphere. lol!

here is some default scan dialogue
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

for some odd reason the air meter didnt deplete in the mech test thing (when i exited the mech i mean, it should start depleting if you do that in space and dont have an epp)
unknown.png

guns
unknown.png

fits
unknown.png

oh yeah btw this angry bird her name is jessie. her design came entirely (crest aside) from a pretty bird the game randomly happened to generate for me

Last edited:
i spent a couple hours speedrunning fancy pants world 1 i managed to beat it in 2:36 minutes with very minimal errors (i think the only notable one was i missed a spring a little once)

Trainz: A New Era

Y'all wanna know what I find fun about this game? Using it to recreate scenes from the Thomas & Friends TV series, the original Railway Series books, or even creating my own original TTTE scenes.

Y'all wanna know what I don't find fun about this game? When it crashes when I was trying to do a scene recreation right before I was about to save so I wouldn't lose too much work if it did crash. 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

It's not too often that it crashes (I think since getting the game, it's crashed all of like two or three damn times) but that just makes it sting worse lol.

havent beat it yet so im posting here but im playing fancy pants world 3 for the first time ever
having played the first two for years this is a very interesting experience
i think the way you unlock new pants colors is way better than in the previous game. here you have to do a challenge level (also returning from the previouus two with a more meaningful reward) nistead of trying to punt a snail shell very preciseley which i just did not bother with
aqlso i like how the pencil is only unlocked like halfway? through the game. lets you get used to the differing platforming first and then gives you the pencil. so far the animations for it are super sick and also i like that it can do a midair dash so it even has platforming uses
unknown.png

me on discord said:
theres an animation for if you slide off a ledge but can still ledgegrab
unknown.png

if i had a nickel for each time i played a platforming game series where you go fast and the characters animations are really good and have a lot of little neat touches and rare animations for specific circumstances youre not likely to see often i would have 3 nickels
also i like how if you land from a great height into a slide you get a huge speed boost. i think a lot of this has interesting speedrunning implications id love to speedrun this one and also world 2 (as you can see from my previous post i already speedran world 1 lmao)

anyway i super recommend fancy pants games if you like fast platformers like this. theyre all on flashpoint or steam go get them!!!!!!!!

EDIT: i beat it. the final boss was strangely easy and the ending super abrupt? what happened ? otherwise fantastic expereince

Last edited:
Minecraft.
1657049105022.png

1657049126674.png

The Mario Mash-up pack is not talked about enough. I can be mining peacefully as calming ambience plays and then get jumpscared when Cool Cool Mountain suddenly starts playing and then get killed by a mob of Hammer Bros zombies. It's awesome.

Last edited:
Uh so I started Red Dead Redemption 2 recently I guess (on my laptop, and I haven't played the first one but I guess I could since my brother's xbox 360 is still around) and I'm real impressed by this story and the graphics are amazing too, the gameplay is alright I guess (tomb raider survivor trilogy is probably better ngl) but I'm pretty much stuck cause after the first chapter it doesn't seem clear to me what i'm meant to do and I went around becoming wanted everywhere lol

Back