What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Was playing Sands of Time a while ago. I love that game. It's a bummer that Lost Crown is happening

Super Princess Peach (DeSmuME) (first time)

Despite growing up on the DS (Lite) and having been a huge Mario fan since childhood, I didn't play SPP until today. I decided to try it since I heard positive reception about it.

I'm glad I decided to finally try it, as it's a very charming little gaming full of colourful 2000's charm that I've been so missing. The opening of the game straight up feels like something that could've come out of the first 3 Mario & Luigi games, and Toadsworth is in it. The story and premise is interesting, although I don't expect the story to really develop much past what I've already seen. The artstyle is so cute.

Gameplay is more of a mixed bag for me. The vibe mechanic, as I find it so far, is not that interesting to use especially as the Vibe meter drains so fast. Perry also has pick up and throw mechanics with enemies, as opposed to traditional "jump on the enemy and it dies" but I didn't find it that interesting. Other than that it's kind of just a regular 2D Mario platformer - which isn't at all to say that it's bad, but it doesn't stand out as particularly interesting to play. It's also a very easy game, although I'm not upset about that since I like easy games. I actually kind of welcome the lack of a lives system honestly.

I've only played the first mini game, which I didn't really enjoy, but I've heard there's more later.

Forza Horizon 4. I love this game (mostly coz I got the ultimate edition on sale), it's so massive that you could spend months just figuring out all the different modes. I also have FH5 but I haven't played it yet. So in FH4, I like playing the online playground games, tag, capture the flag, infection, etc, but in cars. I was getting so frustrated because my team never won, then I was like :shifty: what if I "join" the other team. Basically I left my team to go help the others, at first they were just ramming me and stuff, but after enough spamming "nice job!" and other nice things they realized my allegiances and welcomed me on to the other team. Basically I just rammed my official teammates and stuff to help the other team, and they are always very happy to have me join. So satisfying to have losing feel like winning, you know what they say: If you can't beat em, join em

Mario Party Star Rush (3DS)

I missed this game, and I also still am able to take 3DS screen shots since I have installed Luma3DS and homebrew stuff back in 2021.

Today I played a 20-turn game in Balloon Bash. Man, this mode feels so luck-based. You have to get lucky with the Star spawn locations and hope that they get placed near you. If another player is closer, then it almost feels pointless to use your items to boost your movement. Although the Warp Box may come in handy for when you're too far away and another player is closer, but then you have to pray that you win the 50-50 if you and the other player pass the Star at the same time...

I also hate the Bonus Stars in this game. First of all, they're mandatory and only one out of 6 (or more) is actually skill-based, being the Minigame Star (called Champion Star in this game). Sigh.

Anyways, despite these criticisms I managed to win and had a fairly good time. I was one Star off of a Super Star Rush (15 stars required, 10 for a Star Rush), but I beat Daisy and that's mostly what matters.

kF0Q3wE.png
g5hW1oa.png
dnL3S2Y.png
3FBT2yH.png

The most recent game that I've been playing is Fashion Dreamer. Got started on 12/1, before the new software updates went live.

Super Mario RPG (Switch)

I decided to try this game out yesterday, to see if it was a keeper for me. The story is quite interesting, and I'm really liking Mallow and Geno. The former's just so cute, and I'm wondering how much his real parents miss him. As for Geno, he seems quite mysterious, and that original name just intrigues me. I also like how Mario transforms into other characters when trying to explain things. It looks so funny!

I actually like the gameplay here a lot better than the last Mario RPG I played (Sticker Star.) There's a full inventory, the worlds are massive and have tons of hidden surprises, some of the enemies are tough to fight, and you can equip certain things to boost your party's abilities. Your characters can level up as well, and I often choose the hammer or the flower instead of boosting their HP (which I bet a lot of first timers do.)

The graphics are beautiful, and the music feels atmospheric. Overall, I'm really liking what this has to offer, and can't wait to see what lies ahead for our heroes.

I got a PS2 for my birthday last year. I was recently playing Spyro A Hero's Tail but couldn't beat it, so I used my Christmas spending money from my grandparents in order to buy a bunch more games. I think they'll be easier. The thing I'm having problems with in Spyro AHT is specifically the "hard mode" of the minigame where you're supposed to fly through rings, kill Rhynocs, etc. Like, I have to keep my thumb held down for so long to make Sgt. Byrd fly that it becomes sore very quickly LOL. This of course coming from a guy who's a Red Belt in taekwondo and has had to do much more strenuous stuff than that ironically.

Garry's Mod

mm_area010006.jpg

What the heck was THAT for, you idiot!?
heh heh heh hehe
*sigh*

mm_area010008.jpg

BUT YOU SAID IT WOULDN'T BITE MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

gm_boreas0010.jpg

RAY TRACE YOU IDIOT! There goes our ride!
What? I wanted to push this button to see what it does!

gm_boreas0012.jpg

Remember to dress properly for the weather guys!

@Ray Trace With my Christmas spending money I got pretty much all the Jak and Daxter games for PS2, plus Ty The Tasmanian Tiger 1 and 2 for PS2. Playing Ty 1 at the moment. I think I can beat it-I'm very good at platformers. It's a lot of fun so far. Really pleasantly surprised-it didn't look like it would be that good! Like, it's not Mario or Spyro or Mega Man. But I think Ty is beginning to grow on me. 🎮

I don't think either is available on Steam so

As usual, Monster Hunter Rise! That said, I just bought Sonic Frontiers and I'm wondering if there's anythin I need to know before jumping in...

Last game I played was the PS2 version of the first "Jak and Daxter" game. I admit I'm kind of struggling-it's harder than I thought it was, and I've already died a lot of times. There's this stupid fishing game where toward the end everything gets all crazy and fast, and I have to beat it to get one of the Power Cells I need-but it's so freaking fast! Ugh.....well, the good news is I just downloaded the text of a complete walkthrough for it on Game FAQs. I think It'll help me figure out what I'm supposed to do.....however I'm only really going to use it when I'm really stuck or confused about what I need to do to progress...I don't want to spoil the game for myself. It's ironic-I'm a grown adult, and a game that was probably aimed at kids is actually tripping me up LOL. Then again not like this hasn't happened to me before in my retro gaming life. I think in a day or so I'll using this walkthrough pick up my Dualshock 2 controller, and try again.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Played through 5 levels of World 2 and put the game down after Watch Out For Lakitu because I can't stand it anymore.

Sonic CD
Had a blast playing through Tidal Tempest and Quartz Quadrtant though I didn't get all good futures as I wanted oh well.

Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart.
kart0279.png

kart0283.png

The demo of Yohane Numazu in the Mirage, battles are pretty fun. It is turn-based and uses cards with lots of different effects like attacking and shielding. Best comparison I can think of is Paper Mario Color Splash which I know most think is crap but
I do enjoy playing it (it's just Roshambo I despise). The full game comes out next month, the only game releasing this year as of now I'm anticipating. Also just played through all the Kingdom Hearts games, still my favorite series of games to go through.

Back