What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition

still making progress in the Adventure Map. Avoided unlocking Tingle.

Splashmouse

Lego Mario's pal
Mario and Donkey Kong Minis on the Move
I did the first 10 levels of Mario's Main Event.
I plan to try for 10 a day.

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
I did it! I beat some bosses at Scarescraper! In Polterpup mode.
In fact, I did 25 floooors! It took forever.. I'm gonna only do 5 floors a day from now on.

Scarescraper would be a lot more fun if it mixed up the modes per floor.

YoshiFlutterJump

Power Star
Awards Committee
Luigi's Mansion 1 (3DS)

Got this today. Lowered the brightness, played in a dark room, and cranked up the 3D for max effect. I haven't done much of the actual game so far, but I did complete the Training Room and Gallery. I like being able to use the Strobulb from the later games, but other than that I don't have much else to say just yet. Looking forward to playing more!

Splashmouse

Lego Mario's pal
Mario and Donkey Kong Minis on the Move
I cleared Mario's Main Event 11-20, but only got 18 stars.
Finding this game a bit stress inducing. But that's just me being bad at the genre.
An actual criticism I have is they don't give much time for the player to look at the top screen (for visual enjoyment) once the level starts, kinda feel like this would have been better as a phone game.

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Today I caught Horrorca the great greenie whale.
I also learned to do 10F instead of 5F for the mini bosses.

Last edited:

YoshiFlutterJump

Power Star
Awards Committee
Kirby: Planet Robobot

078059C6-EF81-4214-96F2-28B80DC217B7.jpeg

Victory never tasted so good.

Some pointers I posted in the WiKirby Discord (worth mentioning that I used Hammer, it's a really good ability):

-Be very careful during the Galacta Knight battle. Your performance against him is a very major factor in whether you can defeat Star Dream Soul.

-Shoot the pocket watch before the flashlight (thank me later), and launch Planet Buster when he shoots the 1. You should make very good use of Planet Buster throughout the battle, but it's especially important then. Whatever you do, don't let him launch Fatal Error.

-Do not put down your 3DS at the end. Stay on the ground for the first two beams, fly to the middle of the screen for the third one. If even one of them hits you, it's over.

Completion percentage is at 98%, with a few Stickers and Rare Stickers I still need to collect. Will post in the "I just beat ___" thread once I'm done with that.

YoshiFlutterJump

Power Star
Awards Committee
Super Mario All-Stars - Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels

So...A-1 was pretty brutal. A-2 and A-3 were actually pretty easy and I barely died on them, although A-4 was quite challenging. But I ultimately beat it, so only 12 courses remain. Let's see how much of a challenge World B proves to be...

ZelenPixel

(she/her) actual spore creature
well i was trying to beat harry potter and hte philosophers stone again.. this time aiming for 100% completion. i just realised i missed a card and theres no way to get back to where it was anymore. i do not feel like trying to beat it anymore i simply only feel like crying (which is an incredibly stupid reason to cry i know)

edit: just remembered debug mode existed im going to just cheese it and get the card. its still awful terrible and bad you have to rely on it but thank GOD the latter games arent designed so stupidly like this

edit edit: ignore this post heres a proper post i actually baet it

Last edited:

NocturnalDragoon

Dry Bowser
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - Specter of Torment (Nintendo Switch)

Currently at the midway point, Specter Knight is a lot of fun to control once you get the hang of the wall running mechanic. I like how they also shook up some of the bosses as well, very refreshing after beating the Order of no Quarter twice as Shovel Knight and Plague Knight in their respective campaigns.

YoshiFlutterJump

Power Star
Awards Committee
Super Mario All-Stars - Super Mario Bros. 3

With Lost Levels out of the way, it's on to the third game! It's definitely a huge step up from its already great predecessors, and one of the greatest NES games ever made. The All-Stars remake so far has been most faithful to the original of the three, with pretty much the only differences being graphical upgrades and saving capabilities. Not a bad thing at all, especially considering how great it was already, but the game will still offer a fair challenge! Have beaten the first two worlds so far.

Festive Mander

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Super Mario Sunshine.

120 stars in SM64? No problem, even if it took 11 hours. But this? This broke me. 14 shines and i've already rage quit my stream. The mission wasn't even a particularly bad one, i was just already so stressed that i caved. Being tired might have played a role. Might come back to it later.

ZelenPixel

(she/her) actual spore creature
playing donkey kong country 2 for the first time since it just went up on snes online!! with the same save state rules. just beat the second world so far
so the controls are really good as they were in dkc1 too and the team gimmicks are pretty neat. i love how dixie can glide its awesome i love when you can do that in 2d platfoermers (thanks rayman)
however just like the first game it still has its share of donkey kong country moments like the red-hot ride and squawks shaft levels, as well as kleevers kiln. didnt like those. at least red hot ride has THE MUSIC...
speaking of THE MUSIC!!! its hot head bop and its SO GOOD!!!!! i have a feeling its gonna be my favorite song in this game like fear factory was in dkc1! the music is pretty dam nice in general too
also this is the game with these in it

Abane

AbaneTheBraveKnight
The Last Game That i Played Was Mario Kart 7, it was a good game but the only problem i had was every time i played online i cross the finish line first and i somehow ended up in last place