What game did you last play?!?!?!?

meh fe8, cant stand that game for very long.

Anyway been playing borderlands pre sequel, managed to get 3 characters up to around 14-16.

pretty awesome so far, certainly better than 2 to be frank.

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

I spent a few hours running around Hyrule collecting squid guys. Reminds me why I love the item renting thing. This is the only zelda game I've played where the collect a bunch of a thing Sidequest is enjoyable, I don't have a good track record with zelda games altogether though. TP and this one are hits but the others have been misses. PH was fun to an extent.

GBAToad said:
I must admit, Awakening sorta spoiled me on character interactions/personalities because most of the units in this game are...boring.
gba-support-system.gif

It's really annoying to get all the supports in the GBA games because no pair up to simplify this and they HAVE to be adjacent to gain support points; plus you can only have five conversations per unit per run, which really discourages me from trying to get all the supports.

And because Awakening was more light-hearted and comedy-heavy in a large amount of supports due to recently mentioned maaaaaad quirks, you'll likely find them more entertaining.

Emmett Brown said:
GBAToad said:
because most of the units in this game are...boring.

you met dozla and the other guys from Rausten already right?

theyre gonna get even more topkek later
ooo yeah those guys were cool, can't wait for them to show up again

Lyn said:
It's really annoying to get all the supports in the GBA games because no pair up to simplify this and they HAVE to be adjacent to gain support points; plus you can only have five conversations per unit per run, which really discourages me from trying to get all the supports.
the game taught me how to support ONCE and then I somehow haven't been able to make them support again. in chapter 4 (the one with the skeleton monsters) i tried to get ross and garcia's support level up but it wouldn't give me the option to have a support convo so????

well then LOL

considering i had them stand next to each other for the whole level then get nothing i'm put off by the whole thing

honestly as if I'll even get it to happen with one pair

edit: to clarify, with a limited number of levels and no chance for grinding relationships with reeking boxes (like i did in awakening) it seems like it would be very risky to go for a pair-up between two units in this game imo

basically supports are wasting 50 turns having people stand next to each other on a seize map after killing the boss in the gba games

Also did you call Lute a boy

Glitchy said:
basically supports are wasting 50 turns having people stand next to each other on a seize map after killing the boss in the gba games
thats... not a bad idea actually

Glitchy said:
wait, she isn't? omg

fucking fire emblem hairstyles, i honestly thought she was a boy

GBAToad said:
Glitchy said:
thats... not a bad idea actually

Glitchy said:
wait, she isn't? omg

fucking fire emblem hairstyles, i honestly thought she was a boy

you sure have some bad identifying skills

then again ive lived in the rpg world for most of my life

Batman Arkham City

I like that some of the voices are the same as from the animated series. I remember watching that long ago.

Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade

Beat Chapter 11: Hero of the West. The next chapter I believe I recruit Raigh which is nice. Rutger is also my first to reach level 20 and promote.

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight

Oh my god Classic mode is soooo much better than Story (but do play Story first, it'll make Classic easier).

Is it sad that one character ruined all of Story mode for me?

Anyway, getting ready for the superboss.

GBAToad said:
Perhaps its due to a lack of grinding or whatever but being swamped with new units that hardly get any use because of the limited number of battles and exp to go around means I have far less tolerance for new characters that are weak. Lute, for instance. I wanted to use him instead of Artur but his level is so low its risky putting him into battle for anything.

Lute is an amazing unit and I'm sad you're not using her :(
Also FYI I'm pretty sure you can grind in sacred stones
monsters will randomly appear on the map ala the risen in awakening, and there's also the tower place that you can go to

Splatoon

Level 30, Rank B 20

Splat Bomb shenanigans are quite fun, especially with Bomb Range Up. Mostly was in Splat Zones, but did a bit of Turf Wars too. Many silly kills were had.

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Epic Nitwit said:
GBAToad said:
Perhaps its due to a lack of grinding or whatever but being swamped with new units that hardly get any use because of the limited number of battles and exp to go around means I have far less tolerance for new characters that are weak. Lute, for instance. I wanted to use him instead of Artur but his level is so low its risky putting him into battle for anything.

Lute is an amazing unit and I'm sad you're not using her :(
Also FYI I'm pretty sure you can grind in sacred stones
monsters will randomly appear on the map ala the risen in awakening, and there's also the tower place that you can go to
Actually, I just cleared Chapter 8 and all of that stuff unlocked so now I've got no complaints. I took the risk and swapped out Artur with Lute in the same chapter and she leveled up far enough to surpass him so now I can happily use Lute <3

I also did the support grinding thing and somehow got a support between her and Ross even though that was unintentional lol. Speaking of Ross, he got swole enough to become a Pirate. gotta flex them MUSCLES

other than that, I chose Eirika's path first and tried facing some monsters in the fog map. /fun/

So based on shit-all, Colm, Joshua, Eirika, Moulder, Ross, Gilliam, Lute, Seth, and Neimi are probably my favourite characters atm
this hasn't changed either. Forde and Kyle are alright but I probably wouldn't consider them as favourite characters atm, sucks that
Orson betrays you, I kinda liked him D:
I'm assuming you recruit Myrrh down the line so she might become one of my favourites as Tiki and Nah were pretty gr8 in FE:A as manaketes but I'll reserve judgment for now

Hyrule Warriors

Got Impa's level 3 giant sword and have given Young Link the necessary badges to make him the most OP character in the game.

Color Zen (Wii U)

Finished Reflection Level 4, leaving me with two more. There are also Serenity and Nature left to finish.

Thanks for reading.

100% Orange Juice

played some, the first game I stole a chance to win from star, rip win count. The second game, nex killed me and stole a load of stars and then the stars juggled between everybody else + the chicken until nex got his piggy bank right next to me, then i blazed it, killed him and ran away with it.

I was two spaces away from winning the last game but I'm pretty sure nex used here and there, brought it back and won the game. I was so close to winning a game with Aru but it was a pro play on his part.

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

I have three dungeons to go I believe. The turtle boss is pretty difficult if you don't get the blue tunic first, he does like 3 or 4 hearts per hit. I think I'll do the Dark Palace dungeon next.

Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade

Beat Chapter 12x: The Thunder Axe. This was a pretty easy chapter, none of the enemies posed any threat, except the boss.

Back