Fight about what is the best condiment

Toothpaste

gigachad-chad.gif

Also shitposting aside, I think my problem with ketchup is that I find its flavor overpowers everything you put it on, no matter how much or how little ketchup you use. Which is like...not what I want in a condiment. Obviously you want to taste the condiment, that's why you use it, but you want to taste the actual food you're using the condiment with.

It's also why I used to put ketchup on these crappy frozen microwave breakfasts I'd eat a lot when I was in my teens because they had literally no flavor otherwise and at least putting ketchup on the frozen scrambled eggs and potatoes meant I'd at least taste something.

...I think my problem with ketchup is that I find its flavor overpowers everything you put it on...
...It's also why I used to put ketchup on these crappy frozen microwave breakfasts...
Same with school cheeseburgers. I swear they were microwaved. They had bad texture, weird temperature balance, and no taste

Also shitposting aside, I think my problem with ketchup is that I find its flavor overpowers everything you put it on, no matter how much or how little ketchup you use.
This is actually entirely my problem with ranch

Ketchup adds a sweetness to food so it counters the salty taste of fries and fried stuff. It's partly why soda is paired with it. I wouldn't really put ketchup on anything else. It goes okay on steak I guess, but dijon mustard is better. I don't think it's overpowering or anything.

Ranch isn't my favorite dressing. It's tasty but it's too heavy for salads I enjoy, too creamy for fatty foods it's served with (bbq sauce and ketchup i like more). And.... I'm not sure where else I'd apply ranch. Doesn't seem like it has the versatility of soy saucd, sriracha, or fried chili in oil.

I feel if you need to put anything on your steak, then you have a bad steak.

By 'bad' steak I don't mean like 'bottom of the barrel awful unedible 0 stars worst steak ever' but like a really high quality steak doesn't need any form of sauce on it, y'know?

I dip my pizza in ranch come at me.

Ranch is the true S-Tier condiment.

Is pizza even really that salty?

Like I could understand people making that complaint about anchovies on pizza (I mean, they're wrong and anchovies are amazing) but not pepperoni.

beats pepperoni on pizza.

why make something uber salty to begin with even saltier

at least ranch adds creaminess
What? What pizza have you been eating? The pepperonis are great!

I like kraft ranch on my chips, pizza, burgers and whatnot.

Do people over the age of 8 actually like ketchup?

It's like the most childish condiment and improves nothing imo.

Edit: Best condiment is soy sauce btw.
I am changing this because I just remembered that maple syrup is a condiment.

Love maple syrup.

Don't give me none of that garbage 'pancake syrup' or 'table syrup' nonsense.

I'm not even kidding here, I genuinely cannot eat any of that cheaper substitute stuff. It's way too thick and artificially sickly sweet for my taste.

I love maple syrup but the problem with it is that its expensive as shit.

My go to was BBQ sauce and sweet and sour sauce. Honey mustard and syrup is good. I've recently taken a liking to sriracha sauce.

I love maple syrup but the problem with it is that its expensive as shit.

not if you live 20 minutes away from like 3 maple syrup farms

I like Tabasco sauce, horseradish is good, vinegar goes good on a lot of things, I love mustard, spicy bbq sauce is good. ketchup goes good on fries and hot dogs and burgers, it's a pretty versatile condiment. I also love the Subway sweet onion sauce, but only on the one kind of custom sub that I ever get there.

Back