Mobile Mario clones

Mamoru endou

Koopa Troopa
Ever since I have joined this forum I wanted to ask this, can anyone here name some Mario clones for iOS and Android, are some of them good or bad

There are definitely Mario clones for iOS and Android. Most of them are terrible because the mobile game market is an unregulated jungle of scum and disease, asset flips, Clash of Clans / Candy Crush clones (but I repeat myself). Good luck finding some good ones, you'll need it.

The 'best' Mario clones on mobile (and by best I mean 'hilariously dumb', so don't think these are good) are the ones that just recolor Mario or remove his mustache or whatever as if that would prevent Nintendo from suing them if they cared to do more than tell Google/Apple 'Hey, this game is literally just ripping off our Mario character, take it down' once in a while.

Aah, the good ol' days of playing Super Andrio on a Samsung smartphone the size of a match box… A terrible clone that ripped graphics straight from Super Mario World, but hey, it was free and I was blown away by this new era of accessible, touch-based mobile gaming.

What else was there… there was Lep's World, a platformer where you played as a Leprechaun eating clovers that made you big, collecting coins for your pot o' gold, and kicking snail shells around. It was decent.

Then there was Banana Kong, a Donkey Kong Country Returns-inspired endless runner. It had animal buddies and I could not put it down for a while. I would actually recommend this one!

It surprising that they didn't make a game with yoshi as the main character, remember era's adventure

Oh they probably exist. The uncurated jungle of mobile games is vast.

Oh they probably exist. The uncurated jungle of mobile games is vast.
There's lots of mobile games that look like Mario but are not, it's surprising that they didn't get sued by Nintendo for making those games

there was that Super Penguin Bros or whatever the heck it was called, dunno if that was on mobile though

the fact that lep's world has more downloads than most mario games' sales....

… probably doesn't mean much considering games with such microtransaction models tend to have a low attach rate, meaning Lep's World's is unlikely to have brought an amount of money comparable to what nintendo generates from its customers on a regular basis. money speaks!

The 'best' Mario clones on mobile (and by best I mean 'hilariously dumb', so don't think these are good) are the ones that just recolor Mario or remove his mustache or whatever as if that would prevent Nintendo from suing them if they cared to do more than tell Google/Apple 'Hey, this game is literally just ripping off our Mario character, take it down' once in a while.
One game had Mario replaced with a Woody lookalike from toy story with Rex filling in the role for Yoshi, I've seen many of those on Google play heck some of them have outfits stolen from iron Man, spider man, and captain America.
And don't get me started on Mario clones that have the word jungle in the title (super jungle adventure world being the worst example of these), they even go so far as to replace the koopas with generic turtles or snails, goombas with some kind of walking mushrooms, and many more, oh and the snails make the game feel more like adventure island or Wonderboy than Mario

Last edited:
Back