What is the worst thing in Mario Maker

• Total voters

Toasty Toad

All toasters toast toast
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
GreenWeegee
Like I said before they could of used a poll to decide which minigames would have made it in the top 100 in Mario Party

L i t t l e T i m m y .
For real though Nintendo should make more polls for Smash when the new game comes out or even is going to be a thing.

I wish for nintendo would make a contest for the best Mario maker level to put in the next 2d mario game

As someone who grew up with Nintendo his whole life, I wish Nintendo would get their heads out of their egotistical asses and think a lot more serious about the industry!

When people discuss console wars, why do people usually say "PlayStation or Xbox?" but leave Nintendo out of the question? Because Nintendo can't seem to make their consoles have the same amount of power as Sony or Microsoft's consoles. Yes, the Switch may be an improvement in terms of hardware and we've been getting a lot of acclaimed titles Nintendo kept missing out on previous generations. However Nintendo still falls into the same traps of not being able to market all types of demographics, not giving a shit about online services, and putting a C&D on fan made projects, not knowing the meaning of "Free Promotion".

What I'm saying is Nintendo refuses to adapt to the times, and even when they do, it comes off as "Whatever" rather than actually keeping up. Hopefully in later years and future consoles, they'll keep up.

Why should Nintendo care about literally any of that when the Switch has been selling like literal gangbusters since 2017 though?
I'm saying that the Switch's sales, especially compared to the Wii U's sales should hopefully be a wake up call for Nintendo, especially since third party companies are FINALLY taking Nintendo seriously again.

As someone who grew up with Nintendo his whole life, I wish Nintendo would get their heads out of their egotistical asses and think a lot more serious about the industry!
this but in the sense of. nintendo actually heckinf caring about drift and working to fix it for REAL, instead of offering free repairs in a few select countries only, then apologizing for it and then saying drift "isnt a real problem or has caused anyone any incovenience" later THE SAME YEAR I,m going to Fume

nintendo is also really weird about rereleasing old games (that now cost wayyyy too much to play legally) (i mean they refuse to put up anything on switch online but nes and snes games and some of those highly requested games arent even available);
taking down fan uploads of music and just never providing any official alternative themselves;
removing glitches that were only of use to like speedrunners and wouldnt harm anyone or benefit anyone in multiplayer modes (smo has a few like this) because they REALLY want people to play how THEY want;
speaking of which, other weird design philosophies that ceavegaming covers in a number of videos...
nintendo moment

I'm saying that the Switch's sales, especially compared to the Wii U's sales should hopefully be a wake up call for Nintendo, especially since third party companies are FINALLY taking Nintendo seriously again.

Yes, a wake up call that their strategy of making under powered machines compared to the competition and instead making something the other companies can't or won't replicate (in this case a portable console) is a continued success like it mostly has been since the wii.

Wait why is this a wake up call again?

• Have a proper virtual console on the switch like the 3DS, Wii U and Wii had and make online multiplayer free
  • Remedied joycon drift as soon as possible, instead not even the OLED Switch looks like it resolves the problem, and I've heard Switch Lites get drift too
  • Not being really annoying with trying to stop people from doing homebrew, like they released updates this year to the Wii U and 3DS seemingly solely for the purpose of stopping people homebrewing, even though neither console is now impossible to homebrew, just more steps for Seedminer and more chance of the Wii U freezing with the browser exploit
  • Not being anti fan games
  • Put GC games on the Wii U Virtual Console, especially thousand year door, my second favourite game of all time and widely beloved by fans, but has now become insanely expensive, plus the Wii U wouldn't even need to emulate
  • Return Paper Mario to its former glory, I haven't played the Origami King but @Count Olaf has and I've seen her streams on the game, she said the game is good but still not as good as the first three, and I think I'm going to agree with her on that once I do play the game.
  • Revive Mario & Luigi, it's been 6 years since we had a non remake entry and I don't think I'll like Paper Jam due to it sticking almost exclusively to main series characters/species, and Dream Team which I do like was 8 years ago now. Also not skipping partners in time, that game is an underrated masterpiece which deserved a remake too
  • taking down fan uploads of music and just never providing any official alternative themselves;
    removing glitches that were only of use to like speedrunners and wouldnt harm anyone or benefit anyone in multiplayer modes (smo has a few like this) because they REALLY want people to play how THEY want;

• RIP the mystery mushroom in Super Mario Maker 2
  • Add an SPM theme in Mario Maker 2 (not at all realistic tbh but still i wish they did it)
  • Adding cool characters from the Mario RPGs to other spinoffs like Mario Party, Mario Kart, and Mario sports games
  • Sold Wii U Gamepads separately, I have two but one day both may no longer work and they are expensive to replace yet are essential
  • Controller options could've been better for some games, like why can't I use a Wiimote + Nunchuck for new super mario bros u when I could in wii? And forced motion controls for the starball and ray surfing in galaxy was annoying
  • Given the Switch more lively interfaces, particularly the HOME menu, and given them unique music like the Wii, Wii U, and 3DS had
  • Made the Wii U Gamepad signal longer, in order to reliably do off-tv play I have to be in the same room
  • In Mario Maker 1, you had to use stuff for a while to unlock more, which was annoying and resulted in myself plus many if not most others just spamming recently unlocked stuff, thankfully Mario Maker 2 didn't do this

Nintendo should've used CDs on the Nintendo 64 tbh. I get all their reasons why they chose cartridges over CDs, but at the end of the day, that decision is why the system had a smaller library compared to the PS1 and why games on the N64 were more expensive than PS1 and Saturn games.

I don't really have qualms with how Nintendo is currently handling its business.

Decisions like re-releasing Skyward Sword in the state it was 10 years ago at full price are surely very scummy but in cases like this I'm neither the target audience nor do I feel pushed to pay if I think the price is unwarranted. If this is what it takes to put up another game on offer, I'm ok with it.

Some older franchises are finally seeing a return. Metroid and Advance Wars will be certainly more profitable given the platform they're on and the way they're marketed. The Switch, beyond the incipient meme of "Everything is on it", proved to be a stellar platform to relaunch less successful franchises and bless them with more potential consumers. If titles like a new F-Zero and Chibi-Robo (ie a good one) don't launch by the end of the console's lifespan I'm going to consider that a missed opportunity.

The online service being paid while barely offering more than when it was free is a fair point to criticise, but I can't say online play has ever been alluring to me personally. I'm more of a singleplayer person. The NES and SNES games should have been separate games to purchase, but if I want retro games I can refer to my 3DS, Wii U, and second-hand stores.

On that note, maybe add GameCube games to the Switch's library? I haven't played a single one so far other than Sunshine, re-released officially as part of 3D All-Stars, and Wario World, which I had difficulties in emulating on my PC for a lot of technical reasons. I'm itching to play TTYD and I'm not willing to shell out tens of bucks for a 20 y/o game, if I can even find it.

I actively dislike some of the creative decisions they make with Mario spin-offs but it's not enough to detract from more important aspects, such as gameplay.

So, in short, whatever.

Reactions: zel
Mario Warriors with playable Baby Mario and Baby Luigi.

Baby character Mystery Dungeon game.

I want more games where I can play as Baby Mario and Baby Luigi in.

Wow this thread exploded and this is ironic
The MarioWiki said Despite being an influential figure in video games and responsible for multi-million dollar franchises, Miyamoto is said to be very humble, insisting on settling for an average income.
"I don't want to make games where the player is just a puppet in the hands of the creator, playing exactly as scripted. Trying to get players to become better and better at your game is certainly one valid approach to making games, but for me, I want to present games to players that are more like pure toys: something you can use, explore, and play with freely."

if only that meant minimum capture speedruns could use the latest version of odyssey, and skip a few captures by performing extremely hard tricks that wouldnt really benefit anyone else , that nintendo patched out anyway for some frickin reason

Yes, a wake up call that their strategy of making under powered machines compared to the competition and instead making something the other companies can't or won't replicate (in this case a portable console) is a continued success like it mostly has been since the wii.

Wait why is this a wake up call again?
It's a wake up call because The Wii U bombed, not just because of poor marketing and it's a stupid name, because the console lacked any real hardware storage and third party support compared to Sony and Microsoft. But as soon as the Switch came out, having more power than the Wii U (Okay maybe not AS much power as the PS4 and Xbox One, but still strong enough to play Skyrim and Doom), and having the best third party support since the SNES, THAT should hit Nintendo in the head and hopefully they'll think "Hmm…maybe it's time we take this industry a little more serious."

No offense, but you're sounding like the type of person who spent the entirety of the Wii generation complaining about how Nintendo abandoned real gamers and is only making stuff for moms and casuals nowadays.

Edit: Nintendo has found themselves a very successful niche with the Switch and I really don't see any compelling reasons why they should just throw that away and just make a third box that's nigh-identical to what Sony and Microsoft are doing just because some people want them to. Are there definitely things Nintendo can do to improve? Yes, but completely changing the hardware philosophy they've got right now is not one of them.

xbox one and ps4 just want to be worse pcs anyway, especially with the way the ps4 has discs that you need to fucking download to your system rather than idk actually just playing it the moment you plop the disc in?

No offense, but you're sounding like the type of person who spent the entirety of the Wii generation complaining about how Nintendo abandoned real gamers and is only making stuff for moms and casuals nowadays.

Edit: Nintendo has found themselves a very successful niche with the Switch and I really don't see any compelling reasons why they should just throw that away and just make a third box that's nigh-identical to what Sony and Microsoft are doing just because some people want them to. Are there definitely things Nintendo can do to improve? Yes, but completely changing the hardware philosophy they've got right now is not one of them.
And that's a GOOD thing. What they're doing with the Switch is GOOD. I've said nothing but positive things about what they're doing with the Switch, minus the terrible use of online Nintendo still has problems with. I'm saying that because of the console's sales being one of Nintendo's highest, and the amount of third party support it has compared to the N64, GC, Wii and Wii U, Nintendo will continue to improve.

Nintendo should've used CDs on the Nintendo 64 tbh. I get all their reasons why they chose cartridges over CDs, but at the end of the day, that decision is why the system had a smaller library compared to the PS1 and why games on the N64 were more expensive than PS1 and Saturn games.
It's not just that, but during that time they've been treating third party companies poorly and limiting them on the types of games they could make. So once Sony announced that they're making a system that would not only optimize discs with plenty of free space, but treat all the third party companies with respect. Meanwhile Nintendo verbally told Square to "Fuck off", killing all possibilities of any great RPG titles they could have released on the N64 that while not have the same amount of power as Final Fantasy VII, could have left just as big of an impact.

It's a wake up call because The Wii U bombed, not just because of poor marketing and it's a stupid name

No, that was pretty much the main reason. That and a mediocre gimmick.

The switch isn't even that much more powerful than the wii u was, it just had a better gimmick but since it's selling like hot cakes third parties don't care and will put whatever they want on the system so long as they make money.

The switch isn't some wake up call, it's their strategy of making underpowered machines just continuing to work.

Back