Why did you choose your current avatar?

Pronouns
He/they
Didn't see a thread for this, so figured I'd make one. What is your current avatar (if it's not too obvious), and why did you choose it?

It probably goes without saying in this crowd, but mine's a fuzzy. As for why I chose it, there's a bit of a story to that.

I've had a Mario fanfiction idea in my head in some form since my Lemmy's Land days, though I've never gotten far in the writing process. I intended it, from the beginning, to star three friends, each of whom was a different species. I knew that two of them were a human and a koopa troopa, but it took a while to settle on the third. I decided that I wanted the third character to be of a less-prominent species in the Mario universe, preferably one that only ever appeared as enemies in the games. I thought of fuzzies, and wondered what it would be like if I made a deep and complex fuzzy character. I started to really like the character as I fleshed them out more and more, and well, now they're my primary reason for wanting to write this fic.

Still not sure if I'll find motivation and/or discipline to complete it, but I want this character to see the light of day in some form or other at some point.

So a fuzzy felt like a good fit for my avatar.

So how about you? Why'd you choose your avatar?

I chose mine because I liked that animated mario movie and I like Luigi's color scheme in the film though Luigi being green is a better contrast with Mario
I also have a soft spot for the early days of mario even though I didn't experience it
It's fun seeing the drastically different looks of the characters and all the crazy licensed and official stuff that would never happen today

Because yes.

i like rabbid peach im excited for sparks of hope (this pfp is from its gameplay trailer)
i feel like it wont be long before i end up changing this to something angry birds related though lmao

i thought that having slade look cool and intimidating for the sig would be cool, but for the avatar having him in this pose reflects the goofy nature of ttg

It was the only pic of Toucan Sam I could find that would work as an avatar that didn't have the creepy man hands like he has on the cereal boxes (seriously, go look at a box of Froot Loops, it's weird) and also wasn't the terrible redesign they tried a few months ago.

i feel like it wont be long before i end up changing this to something angry birds related though lmao
of course i was right anyway i picked this one because i like angry birds stella a lot and im half certain willow is my next Comfort Character I Obsess Over For Several Months

John Bomb went out with a BANG so obviously I had to chose him.

I need a theme for my Ultra Violet name so I drew this. I also drew a burnt Ray Trace in the background because I love seeing that juxtaposed with Ultra Violet just standing there.

Ray Trace wishes he was a legendary Electric and Dragon type with a 130 power signature move.

I love Rosalina Swim Wear in MKT, and I like the pic of her making the victory/ peace sign.

When I was a kid my uncle had a bunch of Calvin and Hobbes comics and I really enjoyed reading them. As to why I chose it here, a few years ago I wanted a theme I could stick with for a long time without me getting bored of it and I think it's serving its purpose quite well.

Mine is Vash the Stampede from the anime Trigun making one of his silly faces.

gamejolt chat bot shenanigans

I liked the idea of Mario behaving like Wario in his WarioWare incarnation, which is why I drew this avatar on Mario doing something Wario did in the first game, where he grabs a cup and shouts "E-e-e-excellent!".

Thank you for reading.

Reactions: zel
Back