Genres you're bad at but still like

Pink Cat

Not always pink, not always a cat
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
For me, fighting games, rhythm games and any puzzle games that aren't Picross
I just love the vibes most of them carry, wacky characters, good visuals and music and a relaxing feeling when you finally do get kinda used to them, far out man

RPGs - excluding the mario ones because they're designed to let you win no matter what as long as you do action commands. RPG's are beautiful, vivid detailed worlds to explore, in-depth interactive characters, and an unfolding story. But god I am only just beginning to learn how to budget and manage merchandise/resources, and stat builds.

Build/Design - such as Animal Crossing and Mario Maker. I'm not good at creative works (i hope to be someday)... but i love these games none the less.

3D Shooters - excluding arcade. There's a few I love the style of: Star Fox, Star Wars, Time Splitters, and Destroy All Humans.. but damn are they difficult af.

Skateboarding/Snowboarding - These just, physics feel good. But I've never actually beaten any game in this genre.

Last edited:
I don't consider myself particularly good at like any game, but I still like them. However I'm pretty bad at fighting game, even though I admit they can be funny. I used to have a friend with whom I played Smash Bros Brawl a lot during my High School years. I almost always lost, but hey funny taunts.

I will NEVER be good at fighting games but that doesn't stop me from loving Street Fighter and Darkstalkers. Oh and Smash Bros, I guess, but I'm at least OK at that one.

RTS games such as Starcaft. I probably don't know what the hell I'm doing or what strategies for army building or how to factor in resource payoffs for investing into Battlecruisers but there's nothing more satisfying than seeing your army of Dragoons, Zealots, and maybe Reavers steamroll another guy.

I think the fighting game genre really varies with how much I can be good at it. I feel pretty confident in most Street Fighter because their combo systems are intuitive across all of the characters, and many share similar inputs for special moves. Meanwhile, I played Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for the first time last night, and I have no idea what's happening in that game ever. Definitely am not used to the mechanics there, and that's basically the case for most fighting games past Street Fighter, Smash, and, I don't know, I was pretty good at Skullgirls when I last played it

Beyond that, I think I'm average at playing most genres of games. I'm never bad at RPG's, but I am bad at committing to their level up systems sometimes; rhythm games are typically fine for me but they definitely reach a skill cap; I'm probably average enough to have a solid shot in a FPS, but don't expect a headshot from me anytime soon

I'm not very good at the Mario RPGs, specifically the battles, but I still find them enjoyable, mostly because of the story, and depending on the game, the exploration can be fun as well.

I think aside from Mario I don't think of myself as good at RPGS, but I enjoy watching them, in large part bc my sister loves those kinds of games and I tend to watch her play every now and then.

I usually get beaten by others at shooters in multiplayer mode like the Halo series, Call of Duty, and even Star fox Assault, but I still enjoy playing them.

I can enjoy fighting games like Tekken and Street Fighter, but I usually just mash buttons instead of learning the different button combinations for attacks and hope for the best. Sometimes it works, but other times not really. I like games like Smash Bros and the DBZ Budokai/Budokai Tenkaichi series more since learning the button combinations for attacks is more simple to pull off.

I absolutely cannot play First-Person Shooters, can barely play Third-Person Shooters. Metroid is a different case, since it's also a platformer and it's easier to aim around a 2D space, but I only got through the 3D Metroids due to the lock-on system. Will never complete Metroid Prime 3 due to my poor coordination...

Also farming. Can't get into farming, I find it very boring, but I like how it can be relaxing and I really need to try Animal Crossing at least once.

RPGs - excluding the mario ones because they're designed to let you win no matter what as long as you do action commands. RPG's are beautiful, vivid detailed worlds to explore, in-depth interactive characters, and an unfolding story. But god I am only just beginning to learn how to budget and manage merchandise/resources, and stat builds.

Build/Design - such as Animal Crossing and Mario Maker. I'm not good at creative works (i hope to be someday)... but i love these games none the less.
That's me to a T, except I feel like I'm bad at the Mario RPG's.

I'm no good at rhythm games but I like the music they usually put in the games. DDR, Elite Beat Agents, and so on.

Back