Tim

Koopa con Carne

call me Hot Lips, 'cause i'm a one-shot wonder
MarioWiki
Koopa con Carne
Those of you who have played Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze up to a certain point might have witnessed the mysterious aquatic apparition that I will henceforth recall.

The tenebrous straits of Sea Breeze Cove conceal oddities of unheard stature and aspect, greater than even the most awesome creatures that roam other parts of the Mushroom World. Legends thusly ascribe these waters to inhabitants such as a race of ancient extraterrestrial jellyfish prone on world domination, herds of bioluminescent sea horses the size of a fully-grown pachyderm, and a sperm whale that garners the lives of sailors who, blinded by vice and covetousness, chase her down to the world's very end.

Of these, none have entailed as much legend as the scant, yet enthralling, accounts of a prehistoric gentle giant roaming the gloomy tunnels of Amiss Abyss--Tim the catfish.

DKCTF_Amiss_Abyss_giant_koi.jpg

A group of swimming primates claim to have met Tim by chance on one of their quests. Upon reaching a dead end on their main route, not too far from their plunge in the mysterious waters, they were greeted by a dark vista only dimly lit by a nearby school of bioluminescent fish. In a spark of primal genius, one of them discovered they could temporarily exploit the light of these fish as to dispel the darkness and gain a more sensible grasp of the surroundings. As the fish were scattered and the area consequently rendered visible, the primates were suddenly taken aback by the sheer enourmousness of a large creature affixing their sights, who, in rabid panic, began trembling in an attempt to flee from the foreign visitors, rupturing the dead end. The creature subsequently steered into the wombs of his secular grotto, never to be witnessed again. Notably, he made no attempt at harm and seemed rather koi when faced with strange creatures the size of which would have allowed him to bring their innards to light rather effortlessly. 1

The glimpse of Tim, the Lonesome Catfish remains a subject of much speculation among residents of the Mushroom World, one of perhaps the same status as the Hell Valley Sky Tree and the infamous UFO sighting in World 1-3, and I am presently bringing it forward to you for discussion. Who is Tim? What is he exactly and what are his biological origins?

1 This story was paraphrased from Sir Donkey Kong the Third's personal account of the mythical creature, quoted here: "Ook, oook, beeg fishy, hööööllé."

Last edited:
Tim was probably named after some kid from a submarine that is suspiciously shaped like a bus in one of the field trips to the deep blue.

i found that part of the level .. just kinda weird
i do wonder to what extent tim is fully modelled. like i severely doubt wed get the whole body but hm

An official name has been found for our beloved gentle giant in the Shogakukan Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze book: Don Zunāna. Discovery by LinkTheLefty from the wiki.

Just saying. I don't know if the name means anything in particular but I think it sound better than "Tim". It sounds sorta empowering.

Reactions: zel
He was employed as Don Pianta's murder pet. However, it was later discovered he helped the Don's traitors escape by pretending to eat them and relaying them out of his swimming confinement at night.

A bit disrespectful of the big fish considering he was affectionately bestowed the rank of Don by the Don himself.

Don Bongo wants a word with all of you.
Don_Bongo.png

You expect that thing out of a Wario World game, yeah.

Don Zunana probably has just a head because there's no reason to model what's not going to be visible.

Back