Best Mario waifu?

Basically me. She deserves better than Luigi.
In my opinion, it's the opposite, since I'm not a big fan of Daisy, but Luigi is my favorite character.

I think Luigi and Daisy actually work pretty well together since she's obnoxious more outgoing compared to Luigi who's more timid, they balance out well and I could see her pushing Luigi to leave his comfort zone and try new things.
That is fair

But

Just imagine everyone's hanging out for Smash Bros., I can imagine Daisy chasing one of the anime swordsmen.

That is fair

But

Just imagine everyone's hanging out for Smash Bros., I can imagine Daisy chasing one of the anime swordsmen.
Ehh, I feel like Daisy is pretty loyal to Luigi. I can see her getting jealous and clobbering him over the head with some sort of sporting equipment if she sees him talking to some of the other women in Smash (but it's Luigi so that probably wouldn't happen anyway).

I may have accidentally derailed this thread

Ehh, I feel like Daisy is pretty loyal to Luigi. I can see her getting jealous and clobbering him over the head with some sort of sporting equipment if she sees him talking to some of the other women in Smash (but it's Luigi so that probably wouldn't happen anyway).

I may have accidentally derailed this thread
That is true.

Hot take. Luigi isn't interested in Daisy and the only reason they get paired together is because Mario & Peach exists.

I mean shit, I can point to more times that Luigi has been shown interested in other people than he has Daisy, and I'm not even talking those times where he's just being a stand in for Mario.

Hot take. Luigi isn't interested in Daisy and the only reason they get paired together is because Mario & Peach exists.

I mean shit, I can point to more times that Luigi has been shown interested in other people than he has Daisy, and I'm not even talking those times where he's just being a stand in for Mario.

Well, tbh this is not the only reason they get paired together. Their relationship is referenced multiple times in the games, like in Daisy Circuit in Mario Kart Wii.
1200px-Daisy_circuit1.png

I believe they simply like each other, he likes her outgoing manners and she likes his shyness. They're really cute to me.

Can you list some of those times please?

The aforementioned Peasely, many times he's swooned over Princess Peach, his Paper counterpart has that Eclair chick we never see.

Hell even that Baby statue came after years of the fanbase just shipping them together despite Luigi not even being in the game Daisy debuted in.

In Peach's trophy celebration from Mario Power Tennis, Peach blows a kiss at the Mario brothers and both Mario AND Luigi float while their eyes turn to hearts.

Also, he seems to be interested in Rosalina in Super Mario Galaxy 1. In the mission where you have to find Luigi in Battlerock Galaxy, Luigi tells Mario that he has to tell Rosalina that he found the Power Star. He clearly wants to impress her. Also, when you 100% the game, a picture will be sent to the Wii Message Board. It shows Luigi standing next to Rosalina, and he looks pretty happy.

Clearly, the statue in Daisy Circuit was built without Luigi's permission

Also obligatory post
UHchoe9.jpg

This is pretty dark actually, like imagine casually finding a statue representing your likeness you knew nothing about. You just turned a cute hint to a relationship into something... more interesting.

But again, Super Mario is known for its inconsistent lore, so many relationships are mainly up to our personal judgment.

Last edited:
This is pretty dark actually, like imagine casually finding a statue representing your likeness you knew nothing about. You just turned a cute hint to a relationship into something... more interesting.

But again, Super Mario is known for its inconsistent lore, so many relationships are mainly up to our personal judige.
Here's the catch, we don't ever see Luigi interested in Daisy, only props like that statue suggesting it. Mushroom Kingdom Propaganda! It's a lie to sell viewer tickets to the sport games!

As a Pi'illo Island Monster Resident under the new order of the Koopa Kingdom, I'm legally obliged to say our dear Lord Bowser. Of course, I wouldn't think of it any other way!

Last edited:
Here's the catch, we don't ever see Luigi interested in Daisy, only props like that statue suggesting it. Mushroom Kingdom Propaganda! It's a lie to sell viewer tickets to the sport games!

As a Pi'illo Island Monster Resident under Koopa Kingdom's New Order, I'm legally obliged to say our dear Lord Bowser. Of course, I wouldn't think of it any other way!
Daisy is interested in Luigi though. At the start of Mario Tennis Aces, Daisy specifically asked Mario to bring Luigi back safe.

As a Pi'illo Island Monster Resident under the new order of the Koopa Kingdom, I'm legally obliged to say our dear Lord Bowser. Of course, I wouldn't think of it any other way!
You're SUPPOSED to pick a female, that's what a waifu is.

My waifus are :daisy: :toadette::rosalina: and the baby :peach::daisy::rosalina: Bow, Lakilulu, Goombella, Mimi, Kylie Koopa, Princess Shroob, Misstar.

But again, Super Mario is known for its inconsistent lore, so many relationships are mainly up to our personal judgment.
I think given the land of these racers' faces being everywhere on everything, someone Luigi would just be used to this. I was envisioning Daisy just being annoying and obnoxious and the statue is such an eye roll for Luigi or something.

Yes exactly.

And of course lol he be best waffle for Pi'illo Island

You're SUPPOSED to pick a female, that's what a waifu is.
Nah let other people choose; this thread's premise is dumb and a bit belittling to women anyway.

Back