What Mario characters do you think will appear in the new movie?

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
Besides Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad and Bowser of course.

Based on Super Nintendo World, I think we might get Daisy, Yoshi, Bowser Jr and maybe Toaddete will be part of the main cast and other regulars (Rosalina, Donkey Kong, Wario, Waluigi and the Koopalings) will make cameos or smaller roles

Right now, I'm just wondering what is going on with the development regarding the film, haven't heard from it in quite a while.
It's probably going strong.
Also on the topic of the Mario movie: I hope to God that the animation is the same as in the games and not the odd Illumination style. I hope they keep the voice actors from the games (Charles Martinet, Samantha Kelly). I hope there is no god awful dated pop culture references and pop music. And if I see one godforsaken Minion, I will be disappointed.

It's probably going strong.
Also on the topic of the Mario movie: I hope to God that the animation is the same as in the games and not the odd Illumination style. I hope they keep the voice actors from the games (Charles Martinet, Samantha Kelly). I hope there is no god awful dated pop culture references and pop music. And if I see one godforsaken Minion, I will be disappointed.
It's an Illumination movie... Expect the opposite of everything you're hoping for. (Although I don't think any minions will appear in the movie itself.)

I'd expect just the usual suspects. I mean it's a movie, having a lot of characters in it would be detrimental to it.

It's going to have just Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Bowser, and maybe Yoshi and Bowser Jr.

Sonic movie even had its cast stuck with just Sonic and Eggman.

I hope there is no god awful dated pop culture references and pop music.

i'll laugh if the mario movie has pop music

i dont realy expect it to have more than just the absolute basics. i still think the movie in general is just gonna be Real Bland
but yea man if mario isnt voiced by martinet im going to riot

I imagine the movie will simply play it safe with the game cast and stick to the core guys.
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad and Bowser. Maybe they'll add Toadette, Bowser Jr and the Koopalings alongside them, but that's it.
I certainly don't see Daisy, Rosalina, Birdo, Wario, Waluigi etc, appearing in this film. Maybe in a potential sequel, but not here.

Last edited:
everyone is talking about the characters we think are getting in, but im honestly interested in what enemies will be seen in the movie.

like obviously we'll have a buncha goombas, koopas, shy guys, bobombs, etc,

but what if they do something similar to the mario rpgs, where theyll put in some obscure mario enemies, or just enemies that dont appear much outside of their series, like snifits in paper mario? i highly doubt theyd do something like that. but id love it if they did.

Back