Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good Luck

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Virtuous

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 20 83.3%

• Total voters
Cool! How about one with Yoshi and Kirby?

My Fav them together:
C331D4FD-ADF1-499C-8B23-AB0C2E9CB345.jpeg

Pacman eats Ghost, Yosh eats Pacman, Kirby eats Yoshi, and Lunge Fish eats em all! XD
30D73709-1D5D-4AF3-A3A0-4E0C12A37F78.jpeg

Awwwwww...
E20F9BE1-6040-4C87-828F-416B90873B75.jpeg

One of the things I love about Frappe Land is Titan Snowman Yoshi.

A4B6B067-C99A-4DEB-B43B-F1428FC65845.jpeg

So cute!!!
CFA08B96-417A-4F68-9BEF-48E94564003E.jpeg

Why yes, Yoshi is the center of the universe. :D.

7C9C57D7-494B-4800-8698-37B93FCA3AC0.jpeg

Keep'in Baby Mario Dry

47C08C5B-569B-4D54-8562-B3E08FD4D0A9.jpeg

Lazy Day…

DECC27E8-E04E-474E-9465-15B724C5DB8C.jpeg

This cute drawing was made by Zoulouluvu from Canada who is hopefully able to relax a bit as well now 😉

Last edited:
Need to relax? Yoshi's got your back.

Yoshi Legions assemble!

A91BE039-479D-41BF-8407-BBCA7DEC76A8.gif

I'm overwhelmed with so much cute in this thread! Yoshi is awesome and is one of my all-time favorite characters! Really, any game I can control a dinosaur is an awesome game.

I'm overwhelmed with so much cute in this thread! Yoshi is awesome and is one of my all-time favorite characters! Really, any game I can control a dinosaur is an awesome game.

We have the cutes! (Like Arby's "We Have The Meats!") :D

Welcome to the Yoshi Fan Club!

What color Yoshi is your favorite?

"We have the cutes!" XD I love it.

Green of course! Green is one of my favorite colors. Though I always loved getting the Blue Yoshi in Super Mario World so that I could fly.

"We have the cutes!" XD I love it.

Green of course! Green is one of my favorite colors. Though I always loved getting the Blue Yoshi in Super Mario World so that I could fly.

Green is my fav too! *Yoshi fist bump*

Ah yes Blue Yoshi who if he swallows any shell could fly. Blue is among my favs too.

10731346-D54C-4E48-B65A-9EC7E2806E1C.png

DescriptionArtwork scene of Mario and Blue Yoshi in Star World, from Super Mario World.
SourceSuper Mario Advance 2 press disc shared by Dracarys

Are Yoshi's amphibians or reptiles?

Reptile. He hatched from an egg as reptiles do, and he bears similiarities to the Chamelon who shoots his tongue our to catch prey:

C6411797-F1C6-44D2-85A8-DE91D2FD4ADE.jpeg

1768CBDE-D3E2-442F-91B0-4426A86DFE48.jpeg
3080C158-332C-44EF-B437-03F592E8F563.jpeg

5DE7392F-1766-4DE0-B8A9-C7646DC0A0F9.jpeg

yknow amphibians do hatch from eggs too
but a notable trait is the fact that reptiles (and amniotes in general, which reptiles are) are separated from amphibians by, along other stuff, a bunch of stuff with their eggs, including the fact that unlike amphibians they may lay hard shelled eggs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggshell said:
Fish and amphibians generally lay eggs which are surrounded by the extraembryonic membranes but do not develop a shell, hard or soft, around these membranes. Some fish and amphibian eggs have thick, leathery coats, especially if they must withstand physical force or desiccation. These types of eggs can also be very small and fragile.

While many reptiles lay eggs with flexible, calcified eggshells, there are some that lay hard eggs. [...]
n see here thats clearly a hard shelled egg
Babyyoshihatch.png

while evolution can do some absolutely bonkers things, i found nothing about any amphibians laying hard-shelled eggs, and looking it up quickly w/ ecosia didnt find anything either
ok sorry for unwarranted biology ramble bye

I do love dinosaurs so as someone who studies paleontology, Yoshi would be identified as an archosaur and dinosaur within that group. Archosaurs are basically the family grouping of birds and crocodiles, and since birds are a type of dinosaur - they're in that group. I could see Yoshi being in the maniraptor family (dinosaurs like Velociraptor, Deinonychus, Dromaesaurus), but Yoshi's do lack the trademark sickle claws on their hind limbs on their middle-toe - plus they seem to be omnivorous. So I wonder if they might be more of an in-between of a therizinosaur, which is another branch of that family itself. They're kind of sloth-like dinosaurs with big claws on their hands used for stripping plants for either grubs or plants themselves since ferns can be difficult to cut down. Therizinosaurs were carnivores at one point before evolving back into the herbivore niche in their particular environment and spreading through east-central Asia and into the western half of North America in terms of Canada and the United States. So, I'd hazard a guess that they are theropods like Tyrannosaurus and Velociraptor since the body is clearly saurischian in terms of biomechanics, but most likely a therizinosaurid since it is omnivorous and seems to feature more of the body type if I am going off pure identification alone and my knowledge on dinosaur paleontology here and not taking any other sources into an account.

Of course, to throw all this off is the authorial intent of what Yoshi is dinosaur-wise intended to be based on here. Heh.

I'm gonna turn paleontologist mode off now. :P XD

actually this is awesome and really interesting
i headcanon him as a dinosaur too (as well as every koopa even), but never thought too much into what kinda dinosaur, besides all of these being grouped under specific shelled dinosaurs! either way specbio headcanons are so fun

I've spent my life studying paleontology as a kid and well into my adult years. It's definitely a passion of mine! I know various sources identify Yoshi as a dinosaur, so it just took some looking at common physical traits to see where Yoshies fit in the whole dinosaur family tree.

I do love dinosaurs so as someone who studies paleontology, Yoshi would be identified as an archosaur and dinosaur within that group. Archosaurs are basically the family grouping of birds and crocodiles, and since birds are a type of dinosaur - they're in that group. I could see Yoshi being in the maniraptor family (dinosaurs like Velociraptor, Deinonychus, Dromaesaurus), but Yoshi's do lack the trademark sickle claws on their hind limbs on their middle-toe - plus they seem to be omnivorous. So I wonder if they might be more of an in-between of a therizinosaur, which is another branch of that family itself. They're kind of sloth-like dinosaurs with big claws on their hands used for stripping plants for either grubs or plants themselves since ferns can be difficult to cut down. Therizinosaurs were carnivores at one point before evolving back into the herbivore niche in their particular environment and spreading through east-central Asia and into the western half of North America in terms of Canada and the United States. So, I'd hazard a guess that they are theropods like Tyrannosaurus and Velociraptor since the body is clearly saurischian in terms of biomechanics, but most likely a therizinosaurid since it is omnivorous and seems to feature more of the body type if I am going off pure identification alone and my knowledge on dinosaur paleontology here and not taking any other sources into an account.

Of course, to throw all this off is the authorial intent of what Yoshi is dinosaur-wise intended to be based on here. Heh.

I'm gonna turn paleontologist mode off now. :P XD

Yoshi is definitely a fruitatarian:

06A14CC5-930E-450B-81CE-470D71A9DAA2.png

If Yoshi's Cookie is canon, he also likes cookies:

7919D9B4-99B5-466B-834C-194D1A7E499C.jpeg

However, I rule out Yoshi eating meat. When he swallows Shy Guys and etc they immediately become eggs, not absorbed as nutrients like the fruit and cookies. :)

Yeah, although if we were to say Yoshi (game) is canon, it seems meat might be used as nutrients inside egg shells to create baby yoshi.

Hmm.. i never played Yoshi (game) myself.This is the first I've heard of any meat related to Yosh. Can you point me to where I can read more? :)

My headcanon is he's Fruitatian (Yoshi's Story) who may eat a cookie once and a while. ;)

Cassowaries are technically fruitarians even though they're highly aggressive due to being so territorial. They do live in Australia though and so as per the rules of Australia - everything there is absolutely murderous. Cassowaries are more of a modern analog of Yoshies though, despite their aggression, and have been known to consume small animals like grubs (bugs) and smaller lizards and mammals that protein can be broken down and used for eggs or muscle/bone growth. It's not too uncommon for a known herbivore to supplement their diet with meat for protein purposes - you can see this especially with certain mammals like deer or even cows. As said, animal protein would be likely needed to produce the shells for the eggs as well as offspring technically. Plants have it, but you would have to eat a lot to equate the amount a single piece of meat would have basically.

Now one scary fact about the cassowary is that their hind claws are much like the sickle claws of their ancestors (think Velociraptor) and there have been cases of them causing serious wounds (disembowelment) and even death if you're not careful. They're one of the few birds that are dangerous to people as there are many incidents tied to them attacking people.

I prefer Yoshies, they're happier and nicer. :)

Regardless, I'm thinking about how Yoshi's reproduce now..
it seems, in accordance to the game...
An egg shell must be in two pieces (top and bottom), and one or more enemy must be placed inside the bottom half, and then covered by the top half.
The top egg shell will then press down and (presumably) instantly digest the enemy/ies until it reaches the bottom half shell, where it then rather instantly combines, and (presumably) the digested enemies provided the necessary nutrients to fertilize the egg, and have a baby yoshi to form.. thus now ready to hatch.
As further evident, the more enemies digested in the egg, the more well developed the yoshi is born (i.e. has wings).

Now the question is.. what the fuck nintendo? What is the process to obtaining shell halves?

Back