Super Mario 3D All-Stars

I already played most of these games a long time ago.

This is gonna be my first time playing Sunshine.
Me too, in all honesty! I really only missed out on the GameCube era by a couple of years when I was younger. I could have played it on my Wii, but never got around to purchasing a copy.

Game disc consoles don't seem to last as long as the consoles that use game cards. But it's probably worth noting that Super Mario Galaxy really isn't designed with portability in mind.

I've said this elsewhere, but I think the Super Mario 64 re-release is a missed opportunity if they didn't include a multiplayer mode using the Luigi model that was present in the source code all along. It would have fulfilled the game's original vision.

So excited for this! I'm mainly getting it for Sunshine (I've played it before via Nintendont but now I can legally buy it without paying $70+), but I don't own 64 or Galaxy 1 either, so that'll save me $30 right there.

This'll complement my new GameCube controller perfectly.

I've said this elsewhere, but I think the Super Mario 64 re-release is a missed opportunity if they didn't include a multiplayer mode using the Luigi model that was present in the source code all along, and it would have fulfilled the original game's vision.
I agree, but at the same time, I think Nintendo's intention was to keep the games as faithful to the originals as possible.

I agree, but at the same time, I think Nintendo's intention was to keep the games as faithful to the originals as possible.

so this means every copy of Mario 64 will still be personalized?

Yeah, I also feel confused its not a 64 DS port, so it's unpleasant to not see the merits from that version for now.

I didn't expect any new expansion, but 64 DS was the best opportunity for Waluigi.

While Sunshine and Galaxy don't look any different to me, the upscaled resolution of 64 is pretty much all I wanted. So I'm happy.

Sucks to be Galaxy 2, though. Seems like Nintendo just completely forgot about it, since it wasn't in the ending roll call either.

I've never played any of these games, so for me it's just more convenient to get them all at once, on a console that I like.

yea ive never played any of them either so im def getting it sometime
i will never not be mad about the limited release thing though. it sucks and is bad

wait so, i'm not getting a switch until june or july 2021 so does that mean i'll have to pick up a second hand physical copy? would even that work?

wait so, i'm not getting a switch until june or july 2021 so does that mean i'll have to pick up a second hand physical copy? would even that work?
Second-hand physical would be your only option, unless you get the game before the Switch.

If you definitely plan on getting a Switch, I'd suggest pre-ordering the physical game release. Because the scalpers market is a bitch.

the scalpers market is a bitch.
well i'm pretty sure i managed to save a decent amount of money getting wii u games second hand and the switch is much better selling than that console so it seems not unlikely that it would be cheaper to get this thing second hand. but that being said this is a limited edition thing and it's not 4-8 years behind the market so maybe it's not comparable

well i'm pretty sure i managed to save a decent amount of money getting wii u games second hand and the switch is much better selling than that console so it seems not unlikely that it would be cheaper to get this thing second hand. but that being said this is a limited edition thing and it's not 4-8 years behind the market so maybe it's not comparable
Oh believe me, in a few years the Wii U's remaining exclusives (e.g. Paper Mario: Color Splash, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Xenoblade Chronicles X) will be as expensive as GameCube games. Heck, the Zelda remasters are already pricier than their GameCube counterparts despite still being available digitally. It's insane.

It's sad that they gave the game a limited release window. It means people who want to play Sunshine and Galaxy on the go or just want to play it if they never got to have to buy quickly. It's sad to see Sunshine get a limited re-release after a long time while 64 has been made available on the Wii and Wii U Virtual Console (along with the DS version). People have to get it quickly because they don't have long for it.

It's sad that they gave the game a limited release window. It means people who want to play Sunshine and Galaxy on the go or just want to play it if they never got to have to buy quickly. It's sad to see Sunshine get a limited re-release after a long time while 64 has been made available on the Wii and Wii U Virtual Console (along with the DS version). People have to get it quickly because they don't have long for it.
Yeah. I know so many people who never played Sunshine, and now they have six months to get it 🙁. Its cool Nintendo actually did it though.

Well they did the same thing for Super Mario All-Stars on Wii, and that eventually got a full release under the Nintendo Selects line, so there is hope.

Or this might end up like Kirby's Dream Collection, a brilliant compilation of six great games that's stuck with them eBay scalpers. Let's hope not.

Well they did the same thing for Super Mario All-Stars on Wii, and that eventually got a full release under the Nintendo Selects line, so there is hope.

Or this might end up like Kirby's Dream Collection, a brilliant compilation of six great games that's stuck with them eBay scalpers. Let's hope not.
Ooof. What about The At home Mario Kart? This is the best thing that is close to a "Super Mario Kart Maker"

Back