unpopular opinions

I like how pretty much every animal with a terrible reputation of like how savage they are are actually irl very skittish and shy and want to run away from you as fast as possible.

Like black mambas. Or black widows.

People hate on the house sparrow and european starling too much as well as the rock pigeon.

People seem to disparage the sparrow and starling for being, like, cruel to native birds, but native birds are routinely cruel and macabre to each other all the time, so this shouldn't be a specific dig against these birds. Also WE brought these birds here. Finally, house sparrows I think don't actively encroach on habitats (and not in the same destructive degree that cats do). They're more of a go-with-the-flow type. If humans destroy habitats and build towns, house sparrows follow. I just can't blame house sparrows and while I can't stop people from killing them, I wouldn't go out of my way to be cruel to them and I'd still rescue them if they need to all the same.

I like how pretty much every animal with a terrible reputation of like how savage they are are actually irl very skittish and shy and want to run away from you as fast as possible.

Like black mambas. Or black widows.
Or wolves.

Adult cartoons/sitcoms are way less funny than children's cartoons/sitcoms. There's hardly variety in Adult because its mostly s*x s*x racism (AraB tErRrOriidt!) or stupid crap like that. Although there is a decent amount of gross out humor in children's shows, THERE'S MORE VARIETY (and you can watch them in front of your parents.)

I'd argue there are some good adult cartoons that aren't racist/sexist/ableist/etc. But yeah they're still very s*x and/or gore focused.

i just wanna know why every (modern) adult cartoon has to have such shitty art styles.

it's either:
- aping family guy's art style
- aping rick and morty's art style
- trying to do a vaguely 'realistic' art style because adult animation isn't allowed to look cartoony

i just wanna know why every (modern) adult cartoon has to have such shitty art styles.

it's either:
- aping family guy's art style
- aping rick and morty's art style
- trying to do a vaguely 'realistic' art style because adult animation isn't allowed to look cartoony
And then there's big mouth…

We don't talk about that one.

I've actually heard Big Mouth is good but yeah the goddamn art style is just such a turn off.

I mean The Mask > Big Mouth

or was he "Big Head" in the comics, hmm

Then you get just plain grotesque shows like King Star King and Mr. Pickles.

The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, South Park, and Rick and Morty are all good adult animation.

the rest is all gross out crap and bob's burgers

i dont hear many good things about the majority of adult animation besides like. idk, primal? bobs burgers? castlevania??? im sure theres others i cant think of. ive also not watched any of these so

Bob's Burgers is not a good show. I don't understand why people like it. With the exception of Bob and Teddy, none of the characters are likable and their voices are hard to listen. (except Louise because she's Mabel in Gravity Falls and Bob because I like H. Jon Benjamin's voice.)

bob's burgers is great idk what you're on about

i'd much much rather watch that than anything else peddled out by adult animation companies, especially garbage like family guy.

american dad is alright too but i stopped really caring about that show once it moved to tbs tbh.

The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, South Park, and Rick and Morty are all good adult animation.

the rest is all gross out crap and bob's burgers
I don't watch too much adult animation to be honest, but I love bob's burgers. It's not bad. Laughable moments, very rare "ews" (unless you don't like swears). But hey, this IS unpopular opinions.

bob's burgers is great idk what you're on about

i'd much much rather watch that than anything else peddled out by adult animation companies, especially garbage like family guy.

american dad is alright too but i stopped really caring about that show once it moved to tbs tbh.
I just don't like it. I don't like the characters (again except Bob because I like H. Jon Benjamin), I don't like the music or singing, I can't stand Linda, she is undoubtedly the worst character to listen to. The animation style isn't really that good.

And I'm shocked that we're getting a movie based on it instead of Simpsons Movie 2 or Family Guy.

And yes I have watched the show.

See now I'm curious about how you feel about King of the Hill because for me the appeal of Bob's Burgers is that it's basically a spiritual successor to KOTH (which I love) because both shows are generally more grounded in reality compared to what they air (or aired, in the case of the KOTH) alongside, although Bob's Burgers is a bit wackier than KOTH was.

Back