LavaSherbert's Art Thread

I'm getting some ideas for the first comic, please PLEASE if you know any Car Wash story arcs you want me to draw post in which page it started and in which it ended (e.g. 1-9) and who participated so I can get an idea and draw it

Chroma Key and Ray Trace repeatedly calling Kontrast "Konny" to the point where he explodes. If you want to throw in Blitz and Miija for a good measure, do that too.

I probably won't throw them in as I see it unnecessary, just Chroma Key and the Protectors is enough. (they might make cameo appearances or small appearances but that's it)
Y'know what? I take that back. Ray, Chroma, Blitz and Mija are going to be responsible for this.

Edit: I have a storyboard ready.
1608397580783.jpeg

Last edited:
*Image of Dark Light headdesking because of the decision to use convoluted time travel schtuff*

(Left to right, Chroma Hey, Aqua Marine, Ray Trace, Green Flash, Viri, Matz Lunne [Blitz], Mija, Cthina, Boba, Konny, Ultra Violet, Bluminescent, Redshift, Dark Light, Grayscale, Discharge, Crepscular Beam, Cerulambert, Scatter, and Phongik)
Added the Preservers
Roleplay AC (1).png

All credit for sprites goes to Neoriceisgood, I only recolored them

Last edited:
(Left to right, Chroma Hey, Aqua Marine, Ray Trace, Green Flash, Viri, Matz Lunne [Blitz], Mija, Cthina, Boba, Konny, Ultra Violet, Bluminescent, Redshift, Dark Light, Grayscale, Discharge, Crepscular Beam, Cerulambert, Scatter, and Phongik)
Added the Preservers
View attachment 8830
All credit for sprites goes to Neoriceisgood, I. only recolored them

Any particular rhyme or reason you chose these animals? :)

Coming in here to say that I really love your art of the Protectors, and I think you captured their essence and personality perfectly.

Kontrast? Short. He's loud and hot-headed. The drawing of her? Mouth opened to shout something, probably at Ray Trace, eyes making the angry facial expression, eyebrows very very curved, and she's stumpy. Fingers curled to make a fist, since most Kontrast art has his hands curled. Hair spiky because she's the type of person who would shout back? That is so Kontrast.

Ultra Violet? Reserved. A bit feisty, and he's sarcastic. The drawing of her? Arms awkwardly posed to show her reserved nature, legs crossed to show some attitude, and especially the very annoyed facial expression. The straight eyebrows, taken from him, that is very cool. Some hair out of place to indicate some rebellious nature, though not as spiky as Kontrast's as he's less aggressive than him? That's absolutely Ultra Violet.

Bluminescence? Very jubilant, childish, and energetic, also overweight. That drawing of her has her overweight and she's walking, singing in complete satisfaction and happiness, and she's holding her arm because she's also a pretty humble person. Love how the shoes are accurate to the character. That feather on her ear was an especially adorable touch.

Ray Trace? Smug and egotistical, also tall. He's no different as an anime girl, where she's confidentially finger banging someone, arm on her hips, and almost every single piece of art Ray Trace has has him grinning, and that drawing is no exception. She embodies the Dreamworks face as much as the male Ray Traces do. She is also as tall and lanky as he is, and has longer, untied hair than the others.

Redshift? Serious, but also quiet and reserved, has large round eyes, and just a touch stocky. His girl version has her eyes shyly looking forward and her arms are posed, folded behind her back to indicate reservation and humility. I love how she has thicker eyebrows than the others too. That pony tail is such a great touch, references his sister, Blueshift, who has a ponytail herself.

Back