what is your favorite video game series?

Chair

yo that's a sick chair tho
Pronouns
He/him
I'm honestly really surprised this one is not repeated somewhere else, title says it all. (surprisingly the next reply was not a "no but this thread already exists here)

Last edited:
Mario Kart. I like it because it's fun to replay, doesn't get old quickly, and I enjoy all of the different types of courses that each entry brings to the table.

Kirby is my favourite. Great gameplay, characters that have a lot of likeabilty, and interesting level design keeps me hooked on this series.

Megaman, specifically the first two series. I haven't played anything past those two, but Zero and Battle Network seem cool. But I hate Legends the exact same way I hate Fire Emblem.

Aside from Mario, it's a tie between any other cute platformer (kirby, rayman, sonic, etc), and Pokemon.
I'm one of those "the newer gens are always better" people who feels Pokemon improves in every creative writing element every time. It really hit home with me on XY & Sun/Moon, I like that they're taking socially progressive routes in their world & character building.

Undertale comes at a close second. I love the story & characters, and don't get me wrong I do appreciate the dedication of Toby in making it by himself, but I really wouuuuuuuuld love better graphics for it. I hear rumors he's making a sequel, something tells me he's well funded now and could hire better artists if he wanted to >w>

Mario (mainly Mario Kart), and any of the sporting franchises (FIFA, Madden, etc)

Xenoblade Chronicles.

It's always a toss up between Xenoblade and Etrian Odyssey, but I've actually completed all the Xenoblade games compared to not having finished every Etrian game. I put Xenoblade X and Xenoblade 2 in my top ten games but I'm not sure I'd put any one Etrian game in my top ten, but I do think all of them are extremely good in general.

paper mario for the nintendo 64 and gamecube
as for general series with consistent output that i like across the board, i want to say portal but that has 2 games. uh, i like fire emblem and dmc, i guess

Zelda with honourable mentions to Pokemon, Ace Attorney and Zero Escape.

MASS EFFECT

but since is the mario boards™ the mario rpg series including paper mario and M&L series. I find the mario series much more appealing as rpg over a platformer any day.

Back