Bad movies thread

Teedgee

wheres the bathroom
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
Toadgamer
So we've all watched at least one of those movies that make us wanna turn into saitama and punch ourselves. As good as movies usually are, sometimes movies can be pretty poop. whether it's a bad concept or a bad sequel, or just a disney live action remake, there's a lot of them. So much in fact that I decided to dedicate a thread to them. Just talk about any bad movie, whether it's universally hated or you simply find it bad.

i find star wars bad

These two movies are so bad they're good. As in, please watch these.

The Room.
Hausu.

Last edited:
The Phantom Tollbooth has been one of my absolute favorite books for years. It was focused around challenging your imagination with pretty much impossible sights. When I heard they were making a movie version, I was excited to see how they depicted all that. The answer? They didn't. Every part of the book that seemed impossible to picture...they cut. And what you get is a movie that tells 10% of the book. It was awful, horribly disappointing, and has cemented itself as my least favorite movie of all time.

The Jaws movies after the first Jaws movie. The sequels to Jaws are terrible compared to the orginal.

I can't stand the religious persecution films that often show up in Cinema Snob's channel. This includes the God's Not Dead series, a highly miserable series of films made by extremely, extremely, bitter, sad, and vindictive filmmakers. It paints atheists in the worst, unlikable light in that they would ban anything religious or Christian and try to victimize themselves as much as possible. I can utterly feel the contempt they have, and the worst part about these movies that it serves to reinforce toxic ideals in real life, it feeds into the mindset that atheism is often aggressive and merciless.

It's not really a bad movie per se, but Now You See Me is one of the only movies I've seen that I specifically disliked.

they're not even "live action", most of the scene is on a flippin' green screen and the rest is CGI

The new Lion King is bad. May look really real alright, but colors are a lot blander, has some cringy dialogue and every gram of expression has been sucked out of the characters' faces. Scar is just one of those creations that should never be live actioned.

Last edited:
Personally i think film critics often exaggerate quality. "If it's not a 10/10 masterpiece, it's terrible and deserves to be mocked" is the vibe i get from some reviews of movies i'd personally find mediocre at worst.

An example of a movie i'd genuinely find bad? Food Fight. Just... good lord. It has a surprisingly interesting production backstory though.

there are none i've watched which i think are terribly written (or scripted/acted/etc.,) just some which are a bit too adult and/or violent for my own tastes. an example would be batman vs superman

I like how some movies are so bad that they've kinda become legendary, like The Cat in The Hat for example. If those movies were at least decent, they wouldn't be as popular, so I guess being bad can sometimes get something somewhere, I mean look at hotel mario.

But that being said, a lot of times they're just nothing but bad and you wanna forget they exist. Sometimes a movie is bad because it's ugly. Foodfight and other low budget movies fall under that category, but a movie having bad animation doesn't necessarily make it bad. I mean toy story has scary humans yet it's a masterpiece. (tbf tho that looked amazing at the time). But sometimes the visuals take you away from the movie because of how ugly they are. I mean usually even the movie itself isn't good when you have visuals like that.

okay wait hold on im not going to sit here while someone trashes Hausu

that movie is a goddamn treat from start to finish and so incredibly creative in every single frame that i don't know how you could possibly label it as "bad"
I said they're good so *shrug*.

Movies that are just plain bad as in like "don't watch this it sucks" I say would be Pixels and Sausage Party.

Another movie that's so bad it's really good, is Cats.

a movie having bad animation doesn't necessarily make it bad

It usually goes hand in hand, though; I have yet to see an animated movie that's good, but has bad animation. Toy Story's biggest crime was that it came out in like the 1990's, that's why it looks outdated today, but compare it to its contemporaries on television and it's certainly a huge upgrade. And then, you got something like Food Fight or the mockbuster movies and they're utterly atrocious.

It usually goes hand in hand, though; I have yet to see an animated movie that's good, but has bad animation. Toy Story's biggest crime was that it came out in like the 1990's, that's why it looks outdated today, but compare it to its contemporaries on television and it's certainly a huge upgrade. And then, you got something like Food Fight or the mockbuster movies and they're utterly atrocious.
toy story 1 the film where they get kidnapped by sid and scare him and get back to andy by falling with style? imo that looks perfect as ever

Yeah. It certainly looks dated though, just look at that dog or any furry object like the stuffed animals.

ok maybe not perfect to this day but still i had no significant problems with it visually

I have yet to see an animated movie that's good, but has bad animation.
I believe there's a lot of indie/limited budget that none of us are as aware of but they'd be worth your time.

I can't stand the religious persecution films that often show up in Cinema Snob's channel. This includes the God's Not Dead series, a highly miserable series of films made by extremely, extremely, bitter, sad, and vindictive filmmakers. It paints atheists in the worst, unlikable light in that they would ban anything religious or Christian and try to victimize themselves as much as possible. I can utterly feel the contempt they have, and the worst part about these movies that it serves to reinforce toxic ideals in real life, it feeds into the mindset that atheism is often aggressive and merciless.

I disagree. I find them enjoyable. I really love Bruce Almighty and Evan Almighty. And the God's Not Dead franchise. There is a common misconception that those types of movies are always bad. Also I found nothing remotely against atheism in the series.

The thing I hate is that they strawman ahteism, they write the people they disagree with in the most unlikable light, like parents abusing their children when they find out that they are closet Christians, a journalist contracting cancer because she's a liberal blogger, or that professor in the first film acting ridiculously out of line for a professor and creepily personally attacked when someone says they believe in God and having a ridiculously unrealistic portrayal of a philosophy class. I really don't see how you don't see how the films paint atheists in the worst possible light.

Back