Unmade Boo spin-off from Retro surfaces

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
medium_sammy-hall-boothumbs01__1_.jpg

An art profile for a former Retro Studios employee has revealed a unmade Bop game
The game was supposedly a portable title, so it's safe to assume that this would be on the DS, also, it would involve possession powers

I would have loved to have a spin-off game starring Boo, why wasn't this ever made!?

Also, his quote is so unfortunate

Have always worked full-time salary at developer studios. Sometimes random freelance for fun projects outside of games. But I'm completely pulling out of that game career until there can be some real solutions to the exploitation, criminality, and abuse that I see my peers put through… Things have been messy for WAY WAY too many decades.

Since this never got past the concept art phase, might as well be glorified fan art.

Nicely drawn tho.

I would've loved this! Boo is my favorite Mario enemy and I play as him a lot in Mario Party, so It'd be awesome if there was a game starring him!

I'm more interested in that Sheik-themed Zelda spin-off. Set within the bad ending of Ocarina of Time? Sounds dope.

Look over it and the Shiek game I can see why they were rejected. Barring the boos themselves it doesn't really mesh well with Mario's style at all.

They'd be better off turning it into it's own IP.

Look over it and the Shiek game I can see why they were rejected. Barring the boos themselves it doesn't really mesh well with Mario's style at all.

They'd be better off turning it into it's own IP.
I'm not sure they were ever even pitched. They look like concepts that quite literally never got off the drawing board.

Back