Fighters Pass Vol. 2 predictions

So I said I want Waluigi but I also think he's likely to happen. There was a leak from last year that was from a guy called paragon. It was posted on discord before E3. It got Hero and Banjo right, breath of the wild 2 right and even undertale content. But he also said he was told Waluigi was the last dlc character. Whether that's true or not, will just have to wait and see.
Thing is, he was probably talking about the last character of Fighter's Pass 1, which did not come true. Hopefully it still comes true even though that hurts its credibility.

With Spring Man almost certainly being at least one of the ARMS fighters I no longer believe that assists deconfirm DLC fighters.
This would be great for Waluigi and other assists' chances. However, I have a hunch that the fighter might be Min-Min.

Thing is, he was probably talking about the last character of Fighter's Pass 1, which did not come true. Hopefully it still comes true even though that hurts its credibility.

This would be great for Waluigi and other assists' chances. However, I have a hunch that the fighter might be Min-Min.
Actually he said he wasn't fighter 5, just that he was last.

With Spring Man almost certainly being at least one of the ARMS fighters I no longer believe that assists deconfirm DLC fighters.
Borrowing a statement from some other place, it'd be pointless to hide the fact they want to pick a cover boy with a guessing game, which just wastes fans time for waiting. Of course, I don't say this is a 100% proof they'd choose the first ever fighter that isn't a cover model.

I don't think I have to remind, but the matter we should focus on is whether budget waste is real if things do turn out like that. Arguing fanrule is never the point.

FP1 was controversial thanks to Reggie, so it wouldn't be less debateable either with Waluigi or Byleth. Now FP2's trend would directly test Sakurai's own credibility.

Anyway, if we need to compare an upcoming unused Nintendo franchise to something else, neither fighter would be in the same level with the next fighter, so that's a wrong comparison.

Last edited:
Borrowing a statement from some other place, it'd be pointless to hide the fact they want to pick a cover boy with a guessing game, which just wastes fans time for waiting. Of course, I don't say this is a 100% proof they'd choose the first ever fighter that isn't a cover model.
Like I said, there could very well be more than one ARMS fighter joining Smash, like what they did with Alph, the Koopalings, and the Hero. I believe they didn't immediately announce the fighter because of this, as well as the fact that it's likely to be a joint announcement with something ARMS-related (like what Isabelle did).

And even if it is just Spring Man...remember Byleth? Yeah.

Please point my to when Nintendo told us to play a game of guess who only for them to reveal Byleth.

Also neither of these characters are comparable because Fire Emblem: Three Houses doesn't have a main character, ARMS does.

I don't think Nintendo particularly cares about a vocal minority being mad that a character they don't like is over a character they like.

Reactions: zel
Makes me wonder why they even chose Byleth if they knew it would create a backlash.
Same reason that Corrin was chosen as one of the last DLC fighters for Smash 4: to promote that character's respective Fire Emblem game.

Honestly, even if they kept Byleth as a choice, they managed him horribly. They saved him for last in the pass, and even after that pulled the "announcement of an announcement" I mentioned to build up hype. Banjo would have made a much better finale for the pass.

I don't think Nintendo particularly cares about a vocal minority being mad that a character they don't like is over a character they like.
Nintendo probably doesn't, but we know Sakurai absolutely does. We know Nintendo chose the Fighters Pass characters, and it was out of Sakurai's control, but unfortunately there are a bunch of Twitter flamers who just don't get that. Sakurai definitely tried to reduce the backlash--he made Byleth as interesting a moveset as possible, and he made sure to assure fans that Byleth would not be the last DLC character. Sakurai clearly cares about what the fans want, but he can't please everyone and it's a shame that so few people get that.

Sakurai clearly cares about what the fans want, but he can't please everyone and it's a shame that so few people get that.
Well we blame Nintendo, not just him, so there is no problem. I appreciate his work for Byleth, but that doesn't mean it can cease the argument about his/her timing of addition.

Not saying that FE3H cannot be advertised. Question could be why some other recent stellar games don't get the advertising treatment but always FE does. Within presented franchises Zelda WotB is definitely the most arguable case.

It's old talk. When inappropriate cases happen, we'd just disagree with it. We don't use that for supporting more cases if people can just disagree that as well.

Also despite the backlash a lot more people than some think still received Byleth's addition in a good way so using that as an example of "subverted expectations that result in bad picks" is not what I'd do.

I reckon the Arms character will be all of them in one like Bowser Jr + Koopalings.

id love that but theres a bunch of characters that wouldnt really fit the same body type like mechanica and twintelle (who uses her hair for the arms).. springman with ribbon girl and springtron seems pretty reasonable to me though

I mean, if different fighting styles can be ignored easily, Puch-Out would be the very prior choice that should do a fighter with seven alts.

I can't predict anything accurately, honestly... Flippy says Crash seems like a likely candidate... I kind of agree there, but I don't know anything about him. Neither does Flippy, for that matter.

other than the arms character (who i believe will be helix), i think we could get a xenoblade 2 character because both spring man and rex didnt make the cut because of time. not saying that it would be rex but it could be if we get someone like spring man or ribbon girl as the arms rep. We're probably only getting one mario rep if we're getting any, and I think (and hope) it's paper mario. They would probably do that to promote origami king, and i want him because of the moveset potential.

Other than those I think we might get doomguy, crash, rayman or a final fantasy rep.

btw keep in mind all this is ignoring spirits' existence or anything that deconfirms characters

ARMS character presentation is coming in Monday, but personally I have no "bet" for them... but if we can ignore spirits, then, Min Min.

Other than that, all I want is Arle. If you don't know about Puyo Puyo, the fandom made a Wiki for it; also, this Twitter account shows how the franchise could be represented!

since the spirits rule is dead, ill say that i feel like paper mario will get in. i feel (and hope) like nintendo will put him in to promote origami king. it's not the first time a character was put in smash for their newest game to get promoted.

1. A Sword/Shield Pokemon - After Byleth, I wouldn't be surprised, Nintendo
  2. Crash Bandicoot - My #1 most-wanted
  3. Phoenix Wright
  4. Quote or Curly Brace from Cave Story - One of the earliest indie games that's well-known worldwide; at best they'd be another costume but it'd still be pretty cool to see one of them as an actual fighter
  5. Also knowing Nintendo, Ring-Fit Adventure athlete Spyro the Dragon (EDIT 2: Casually changed this to a most-wanted but not-likely-to-happen character due to the recently announced RFA spirit event. For me, if someone is only included as a spirit, I feel like they've already been considered.)
  6. (EDIT: I'm dumb, forgot there are six) Steve from Minecraft - idk

Well the final fighter has been announced

I got 1/6 right (Steve) and I was only half-joking in that guess... (the half-serious part being because he's the main character of arguably the most popular game in the world)

Back