If you had the choice to make the next Mario game, what would it be?

I'd love to attempt Mario's take on a loot-drop-style RPG like Diablo and Borderlands. Run around. Slaughter tons of fodder Goombas with two weapons and spells. Level up and get a skill tree. Different characters are different classes. Armor changes appearance. Okay I haven't played enough of those games to figure out what will help Mario stand out; maybe platforming segments! But the several I played just make me want to say wouldn't it be cool if Mario had an RPG game like that rather than the turn-based stuff we keep getting?

Can we get another Mario rhythm game? It's a huge shame that Dance Dance Revolution is pretty much the only Mario rhythm game I know of. Mario has a rich library of music, even richer than when DDR Mario Mix was made, so I feel like it would be perfect for one. Hell, I wouldn't even mind of the new Mario game went the Donkey Konga route and also included licensed music on top of its Mario soundtracks because officially bopping to Earth, Wind, and Fire in a Mario game entertains me.

I'd like a Mario Bros sequel, like Mario Clash but much more elaborate.

Back on topic, another Mario game I'd make a reality if I could is a Mario vs. Donkey Kong that plays like the Game Boy and GBA games. I absolutely loved all the neat levels those games had, and really wish the series would revisit that style instead of pumping out touch screen games with the Minis every time. Maybe if the series comes to Switch, we can get this, since Switch games tend to not rely on the touch screen due to docked play.
I am in agreement with how Mario controls in Donkey Kong, because it's so unique to have a game that has a higher focus on Mario's acrobatic side. In regards to the touch screen conundrum, I'm sure they will find a way. After all, Brain Age is on the Switch despite its touch-screen reliance, then there's the notable Super Mario Maker 2 which has an interface shift to account for docked play.

It would probably bring painful memories, but I felt that the developers won't ever go back to Mario's DK platforming style for a similar response on why Mario & Luigi was chosen as the primary RPG series: Since Super Mario is already the platformer, there is no need to have another Mario platformer game.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
A lot of super wondrously delightful creative ideas posted wow! How do I get ahold of Miyamoto?! DOES WALLOP CRASH THROUGH THE ROOF OF NINTENDO HQ AND DEMAND THEM?!?! No? Darn.

I have a good one too!

Mushroom Kingdom Warriors!

OR an original Hack N Slash (doesn't need to literally be slashing, keep it mario style attacks)
STARRING THE BABY BROS SAVING THE ADULT HEROES FROM THAT NINJA BOWSER JR.

"Super MArio Bros. 'BAck to Basics' 3D"

A 3D game based on the original, like SMG2's "Supermassive Galaxy", but in regular size. (It would have original sound effects, more block-based ground features, and focus on original enemies). Water levels could look something like the ones in the Galaxy games or Odyssey, and the graphics, while block based, could still be realistic 3D. You could even make it "open range" (or is that "free range"), since I see it being said that's what people prefer, though I like linear better.

Perhaps something narrow like this:
1593372108185.png

You could even feature the original course obstacles in one line of blocks, with alternate features in the others!

This simpler approach could be further justified if they made it LEGO Mario as a game. Then, it could be sort of like this "Pixel Mario":
1593372276882.png

Might not seem like much for those who want new stuff, but it would be great for the nostalgic!

Can we get another Mario rhythm game? It's a huge shame that Dance Dance Revolution is pretty much the only Mario rhythm game I know of. Mario has a rich library of music, even richer than when DDR Mario Mix was made, so I feel like it would be perfect for one.

B-but doing this will make DDR Mario Mix less special :c

We really need to continue the plot for DDR Mario Mix. Where did Waluigi go after World 1? The world wants to know! And why not get Daisy involved?

surprised i havent answered odyssey 2 yet lmao
but anyway what i have more thoughts on is mario + rabbids 2 with heavy rayman involvement (make it a triple crossover i still need rabbid peach on my team). reasons: crossover between ym two favorite series right now and also mario + rabbids just deserves a sequel :]

You just wanna see Globox vaporize Rabbids do you

Reactions: zel
I want to see the Grand Minimus holding a gun.

more like i just wanna see globox

also you know what. there do be that line in aryman 3 in hoodlum headquarters where he flexes and also just namedrops mario
unknown.png

heres another reason this needs to be real. i mean mario being his friend

epic crossover between Globox, Laura Croft, Solid Snake, Mario, Gordon Freeman, and Jak & Daxter would be the bomb

not even smash has this crossover yet

so anyway i just think mario + rabbids + RAYMAN would be pretty cool. lotta potential character interactions that would be great! and gameplay potentially. rayman better have a secondary attack thats just punching poeple

I want adorable Teensy and Toad interactions!!! <3

What if the Grand Minimus are like, we can't tell each other apart and we don't know who our leader really is, but you guys also have mushroom-like guys who all look literally the same as each other.

How about

a Mario game with an OC creator.

That way I can create Wario's mother as well as his entire pink nosed family.

I'm not sure how I'd do another Mario game, but I have had a plan on what the next Mario Kart game should be like.

• 48 Tracks - 24 New, 24 Retro
• All items from MKT return, and this time, everyone has access to them.
• All karts, bikes, wheels and gliders from previous Mario Kart titles.
• Costume swaps instead of treating them like separate characters.
• Tour tracks now enter the fray as Retro tracks.
• Nitro Cups include: Mushroom, Flower, Bell, Moon, Star, Special
• Retro Cups include: Banana, Shell, Feather, Egg, Leaf and Lightning.
• NO MICROTRANSACTIONS
• Coins used as in-game currently, and you can collect more than 10 now.
• Over 50+ characters from including those introduced

While I don't have any concepts for new tracks, I do have Retro Cups worked out.

Retro Cups
BANANA
  • 3DS Daisy Hills
  • Wii Toad Factory
  • MBL Tokyo Blur
  • GBA Sunset Wilds

SHELL
  • DS Shroom Ridge
  • Wii Mario Circuit
  • MBL Paris Promenade
  • SNES Bowser Castle 1

EGG
  • MBL Vancouver Velocity
  • Wii Daisy Circuit
  • 3DS Shy Guy Bazaar
  • DS Mario Circuit

FEATHER
  • GCN Mushroom City
  • 3DS Rock Rock Mountain
  • SNES Mario Circuit 4
  • GBA Bowser's Castle 4

LEAF
  • 3DS Wario Shipyard
  • MBL New York Minute
  • N64 Wario Stadium
  • GCN Bowser's Castle

LIGHTNING
  • 3DS Rosalina's Ice World
  • Wii Dry Dry Ruins
  • GCN Wario Coliseum
  • GBA Rainbow Road

You are probably wondering, where are the Wii U Retro tracks? Well, that's what makes this game even more unique. ALL MARIO KART 8 Cups, including Nitro and Retro, will be playable! I feel like the devs spent so much time and effort making the game look so beautiful with updated graphics on all tracks that it would be waste to just toss that aside.

Also, DLC cups featuring even more updated Retro tracks contain retro courses that have already been used, with a handful being fan favorites.

COIN

• GBA Peach Circuit
  • Wii Mushroom Gorge
  • SNES Choco Island 2
  • DS Luigi's Mansion

CHERRY

• Wii Coconut Mall
  • N64 Kalamari Desert
  • GBA Luigi Circuit
  • GCN Peach Beach

HAMMER

• SNES Mario Circuit 3
  • GCN Daisy Cruiser
  • GBA Shy Guy Beach
  • DS DK Pass

TURNIP

• N64 Frappe Snowland
  • DS Peach Gardens
  • Wii Koopa Cape
  • GCN Mushroom Bridge

CLOUD

• DS Airship Fortress
  • Wii Maple Treeway
  • GBA Bowser Castle 3
  • N64 Banshee Boardwalk

GEM

• DS Waluigi Pinball
  • GCN DK Mountain
  • GBA Sky Garden
  • N64 Bowser's Castle

Super Mario Multiverse - Bowser enlists the help of a brand new villain that has the power to open portals to alternate universes, bringing other Bowsers into the world where they all team up to take over the Mushroom Kingdom and eventually the universe before moving onto the next one. Meanwhile Mario eventually stumbles across a strange McGuffin that also grants him the power to open these portals, so he travels to alternate versions of the Mushroom Kingdom where he teams up with various versions of himself and undoes the chaos that the Bowsers and the new villain have caused.

Each universe could be themed after other Mario media like the DIC cartoons, Mario-Kun, the live action film, TGMtRPP, those weird German Nintendo comics and various others. Each Mario controls differently: Main universe Mario is pretty much identical to how he is in Odyssey (minus Cappy), DIC Mario can throw plungers and build contraptions out of bathtubs and sinks, Lou Albano-Mario could use wrestling moves as sort of a callback to Captain Lou Albano's wrestling career, live-action Mario uses various gadgets instead of power-ups and so on.

Could even throw in a cheeky jab at Hotel Mario by maybe having all the Marios run into that particular instance of Mario and the only thing he says is "it's been one of those days."

Super Mario Bros.: Tyrant Trouble - Basically that Mario Mania idea I had a few months back... y'know, the one where Bowser teams up with Wart and Tatanga to get revenge on the Mario Bros.

Last edited:
Title: Bowser's Koopa Kingdom Rampage
Game Genre: 3D Platformer/Hack and Slash
Game rating: E10+ (For the general gameplay being pretty violent)

Summary: After losing to Mario and being humiliated again, Bowser is bored of losing to the Mushroom Kingdom, so he decides to change up his plans a bit. Instead of waiting for the Mushroom Heroes to come to his world, he'll come to theirs and show them why being bad rules. This time has to be it. Right?

Bowser's first starring game since Bowser's Inside Story way back when (I think), and this time he isn't sharing the spotlight with those darned plumbers. Gameplay wise, imagine an extended version of the Bowser segment in Super Mario Odyssey crossed with a hack and slash game. In the game you basically go from the Dark Land to other locations in the Mushroom Kingdom, til finally you reach the last world, Toad Town.

On the way, you are placed in large sandbox levels with a bunch of enemies trying to stop you (ranging from Toads in the Mushroom Kingdom army, some traitor scum Goombas who defected back to the Mushroom Kingdom, locals of the areas, and more). Your goal is to just brutalize as many of them as you can. Sometimes the game switches up the pace, and a minority of levels are more about "scoping out the land" so to speak.

Bowser's toolset would be expanded from Odyssey. In addition to the fire and slashes, he can grapple people, use shell spins and duck into his shell for defense. You can get through the game just fine with your basic attacks, but if you want to be flashy, you can do extended combos/attack combinations for more points (you can punch the Toad once, OR you can punch him, grapple him and slam him into the ground. Or maybe grab them, do a defense shell maneuver and spin them to death. Or uppercut a sucker into the sky, then either flame broil him before he hits the ground, or shoot a few spikes at him. Let your imagination run wild.) As you play through the game, you can unlock a few more moves. By the end of the game, nothings gonna stop you, even when you're running into hordes of Mushroom soldiers. And the Koopa King wouldn't want any less.

Oh yeah and it wouldn't be complete without a few boss fights against some all too familiar faces. Just want to say they'd probably be the hardest parts of the game. Bring your A game.

One last thing. I would also add a seperate mode from the normal game where you and another player can do 1v1s with two Bowsers (or some other characters. Hint: Some you'd have to fight first in the story to play)

(Just give me a Bowser game, please Nintendo)

Back