Waluigi

How do you prefer Waluigi?

• Total voters

Connor McKoopa

Who da fook is dis guy?
Pronouns
He/him
I want Waluigi to be playable.

I've wanted this man playable ever since Brawl when Wario got in. He should've at least been here by now imo, hopefully DLC.

I'd rather have him playable but then again that could go for most assist trophies. There are others I'd rather have promoted first, like Skull kid.

For fighters, would prefer him to plant piranha for sure. Let's see if he can make it in Smash 6.

To me he either fits in a playable role or just being absent, since making him a npc on stage could be kinda disturbing.

I still want a playable Toad over him, but I wouldn't mind Waluigi.

I would like Waluigi as Wario and him go really well together. Themed fights would be nice, think a fight with all 8 playable Mario Party 4 characters. I like Toad more but Waluigi would be great too.

I really think he should've been made playable for Ultimate. Piranha Plant is funny, but Waluigi is funny AND has actual value as a unique character. Plant is just a generic enemy, and I think it's a bit stupid that a generic enemy was added as a joke instead of an established character who is already somewhat a joke.

Uh, Piranha Plant is a unique character in context of the Smash Ultimate roster. It's pretty much the only generic enemy playable in the entire game.

You've got a point there, but out of all the generic enemies in the Mario series, why Piranha Plant?

Piranha Plant is a unique character for being based off an enemy species and having a radically different appearance.

I'm pretty sure they chose Piranha Plant probably for its unique appearance, for the surprise factor. It's why we had Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Duck Hunt.

I mean there's no reason to scapegoat Piranha Plant. Roster decisions are made early on and I think they just wanted to introduce a character no one asked for a surprise, not shirk a requested character out of spite.

When I said unique character, I wasn't talking within the context of Smash. I meant unique as in "has an individual name and is easily differentiated from other members of his species." I've always felt that the Smash roster can only get so big, and therefore should only include characters who specifically mean something to their series or Nintendo's history. Piranha Plant fits neither of those. Thinking about it now though... Waluigi doesn't really fit into those requirements, either. I guess he kind of means something to the Mario series, but not a whole lot would change if he didn't exist. He only appears in spinoffs.

It's cool that Piranha Plant is Ultimate's WTF character. It's cool that he's mixing things up a bit. I realize that Plant didn't steal Waluigi's spot or anything, cause that isn't how that works. And for the record, he's one of my favorite characters to play as because of his moveset and meme value. All I'm saying is that if Plant can get in, why not our boy Waluigi?

But isn't that an arbitrary definition designed to just exclude Piranha Plant? No one debates any of the Pokemon characters (this includes the trainer who doesn't have an individual name) who aren't easily differentiated from other members of their species. And given your idea who should be in, you're going to exclude Ice Climbers and Pit, both which haven't contributed any significant amount to Nintendo's history. They're there, again, for a surprise or an interesting gimmick which Piranha Plant is too.

And yeah I do think if Piranha Plant gets in, so should Waluigi and Toad, but I think in terms of priority, surprise just got a little boost over relevancy/fan demand for the short-term benefit. We might see Waluigi in the future after that, but who knows.

I never should've brought up Piranha Plant. It's not his fault Waluigi is getting the cold shoulder from Sakurai. I didn't mean to portray the idea that I didn't like him. I understand his inclusion. I just don't understand, like, I'm still wrapping my mind around his inclusion. He is a really effective WTF character.

For a game where a sleepy pink ball can fight a murderous space pirate dragon, I'm awfully tense about the roster. I always have been for some reason.

The thing about piranha plant is that after 5 minutes the joke wears off and you're left with a slot that could have gone to a character literally anyone wanted.

nah i find the joke still strong and piranha plant was a type of character i didn't know i wanted

I would like Waluigi as Wario and him go really well together.
Offcially Wario isn't in the same group with Waluigi under Smash bros classification, so Waluigi would only work with the others. If you also count Yoshi that's a no too.

And frankly, I think this is pretty much a typical Mario series fan opinion who want more than nine fighters in Smash bros.

Piranha Plant seemed random and left-field when revealed but when I started playing the character it was just so much fun. Plant became my unlikely main. Whether Waluigi gets in or not, Plant doesn't have anything to do with it and shouldn't be cut.

Waluigi is the one character that would basically be a dealmaker for me if he gets to be playable, which unfortunately didn't happen, so I didn't get the game on day one. If on the off chance some fighter's pass include Waluigi then I will get the whole pack despite having something I dislike represented, such as Joker (due to not liking Atlus games). I like to think that people making a big deal out of Waluigi being an assist trophy is an indication that there is a strong desire for him to be playable. Since Daisy is already playable, Waluigi is the last character that I most definitely want as playable.

I am impressed with Piranha Plant's inclusion mainly because it is contrary to a lot of reasons people want their favourite characters to make it in, such as how it's a regular enemy. Though, I never downloaded it before then so I don't get to play around with it.

Thank you for reading.

No one debates any of the Pokemon characters (this includes the trainer who doesn't have an individual name) who aren't easily differentiated from other members of their species.

Incineroar was probably the most controversial addition to the base roster. A lot of people didn't want him and a lot of people who did want another pokemon wanted Decidueye.

Offcially Wario isn't in the same group with Waluigi under Smash bros classification, so Waluigi would only work with the others. If you also count Yoshi that's a no too.
So what? Wario and Waluigi are still a duo, and they're both still Mario characters. The logo behind their percentage doesn't mean anything.

Incineroar was probably the most controversial addition to the base roster. A lot of people didn't want him and a lot of people who did want another pokemon wanted Decidueye.
Piranha Plant was derided for being a generic species whereas all Pokemon are, that's my point.

waluigi used to be my most wanted until e3 2018 just shot it down
im not expecting him at all for ssbu, even despite some people saying its surprisingly likely now, but either way if he does somehow manage to get in id be prety happy

I still don't get the logic behind it. If they can just promote an assist trophy mid-game-lifespan, than they can do it to any other trophy. Why necessarily Waluigi?

Tbh this argument was just made to try and hype him up without any actual backing. And then you got people who say "Sakurai unpredictable" well I doubt he's breaking rules in his own game. Explicitly shown an assist trophy, always an assist trophy. I also said in the past that the man considers Waluigi a prime example of an assist trophy, for reasons I've stated before. There is no way he'd be the one to receive a promotion if that's a thing.

A playable character? Ohoho, no no no. There will be a new boss, Master Core will return and reveal his final form Wobbuffet.

I would absolutely love it if Waluigi became a playable character, but I'm not expecting it for Ultimate.

Back