Who would win in a fight, Metal Mario (form) or Metal Mario (character)?

Who would win in a fight?

• Metal Mario (form)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Metal Mario (character)

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Tie

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

GmanSir

2 Dimensional
The question of the ages. Would Metal Mario (form) outdo Metal Mario (character) due to his experience in 3D platforming? Or would Metal Mario (character)'s experience in Smash 64 + Melee allow him to overcome Metal Mario (form)? Or do you think they stand equal ground?

Metal Mario's form isn't even permanent so the character would win.

Hmmmm if it's a stand off in cake-making then maybe the form has more of a chance.

Seeing as Metal Mario (Form) is on a pretty strict time limit, I don't really see him defeating his doppelganger in the allotted timespan. However I wouldn't really rule out the possibility of normal Mario finding some other way to combat Metal.

The form has the bonus of being completely invincible and capable of damaging/defeating opponents simply by touching them, essentially a variant of the Super Star. However, like the Super Star, the Metal form is temporary. Additionally, it makes Mario heavy, so should the fight take place in Jolly Roger Bay for example, the Metal Mario form would sink.

The Metal Mario character has not shown any of these traits. While the character is certainly heavy in Super Smash Bros. Melee, there has been no real comparison in the Super Mario games. So far, the character has been specific to racing and sports titles (he is classified as a medium-heavy, though is as mobile in water as anyone else due to karts). Assuming he's just as heavy as the Metal Form, all it takes is sending Metal Mario into the water while regular Mario waits him out above.

It really comes down to time and location. The character can wait out the form's time limit, but the form can simply walk into the character to defeat it. Should this fight take place in a water world, getting one to fall into the water and waiting them out would ensure victory. But even if Mario's Metal form dissipates, Mario has plenty more skills to use.

The form has the bonus of being completely invincible and capable of damaging/defeating opponents simply by touching them, essentially a variant of the Super Star. However, like the Super Star, the Metal form is temporary. Additionally, it makes Mario heavy, so should the fight take place in Jolly Roger Bay for example, the Metal Mario form would sink.

The Metal Mario character has not shown any of these traits. While the character is certainly heavy in Super Smash Bros. Melee, there has been no real comparison in the Super Mario games. So far, the character has been specific to racing and sports titles (he is classified as a medium-heavy, though is as mobile in water as anyone else due to karts). Assuming he's just as heavy as the Metal Form, all it takes is sending Metal Mario into the water while regular Mario waits him out above.

It really comes down to time and location. The character can wait out the form's time limit, but the form can simply walk into the character to defeat it. Should this fight take place in a water world, getting one to fall into the water and waiting them out would ensure victory. But even if Mario's Metal form dissipates, Mario has plenty more skills to use.

The Metal Mario character has never been shown to sink. Why? It's because he's never got water to sink into in the first place aside from driving a kart. Also, spin-offs have inconsistent rules of what can be invincible or not. In Mario Super Sluggers, getting a Super Star in Graffiti Runner still makes you vulnerable to earthquakes. Metal Mario has also been shown to be impermeable in Mario Sports Superstars, in his double bogey animation, where a shell doesn't affect him and a mountain of shells buries him.

I don't understand why sending Metal Mario into the water does anything at all. Metal Mario is likely impervious to drowning (the only reason he hates being in water in Mario Kart is because they're racing....and even then in Mario Kart games Metal Mario is playable in, their karts drive through water anyway).

Metal Mario has also been shown to be impermeable in Mario Sports Superstars, in his double bogey animation, where a shell doesn't affect him and a mountain of shells buries him.
Haven't played Sports Superstars in a long time, so I never saw that animation. I know the character would be pretty resilient to most things just off of his density alone, but I don't think he's invincible.
I don't understand why sending Metal Mario into the water does anything at all. Metal Mario is likely impervious to drowning (the only reason he hates being in water in Mario Kart is because they're racing....and even then in Mario Kart games Metal Mario is playable in, their karts drive through water anyway).
What I meant is one sinks and the other doesn't. Assuming it's just a deep lake with no way of really climbing out, the character will remain down there. If the form is down there, Mario can swim back up once the magic ends, but he'd be in a vulnerable state.

Haven't played Sports Superstars in a long time, so I never saw that animation. I know the character would be pretty resilient to most things just off of his density alone, but I don't think he's invincible.

He's literally buried by a mountain of shells.

MetalMarioDoubleBogey.png

Even then, in Super Mario 64, invincible Metal Mario can still get stunned and shocked by Amps so he's not completely impervious.

Back