King Boo Appreciation thread.

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Since I'm bored and Luigi's Mansion 3 comes out soon, I decided to make this topic so we can all show our appreciation for the (2nd) best villain in the franchise.

wp2666238.png

King Boo's cool.

I feel like he has this presence that immortalizes him as a recurring character, and a worthwile presence too. The man's made himself the main villain of a major sub-series, appears consistently as a boss and playable character in spin-offs. He doesn't need to sing a song as advertisement for a big (and overrated) Mario game to earn my respect.

I don't know why but I prefer his spin-off design over his Luigi's Mansion design. I do like Boos though.

I do find myself wondering what took them so long to use that design outside of the LM series.

the original king boo design was kind of hideous, it had only two teeth. i like the spin-off design more because..idk it looks cuter to me and i like the original boo design a lot.

Yeah one fits the spin-off aesthetic more if that makes sense. Of course in Luigi's Mansion you want the main villain to be spooky.

The real question is why did they even bother to create a different design when the original Luigi's Mansion design was more than fine as it was.

Quicker. Just take a boo and put a crown on it, add some different voice clips and you're good.

They are, I just wish he'd get some new ones. He's been using the same voice clips since like, Mario Kart wii or something.

i really wish i can play as both regular boo and king boo in mario kart btw. the only game where i can be both is the mario baseball games.

I mean, didn't spinoff King Boo first appear in Double Dash? A game that was on the same platform as Luigi's Mansion therefore it would've been theoretically simple AF to port his original model?

Either way, glad the true king has finally made his way into Mario Kart. Hopefully this opens the door for the more generic design to start going away and King Boo to look like himself in future games.

Back