New forum check-in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured that people who relied on a swear filter are going to be in for a shock reading older posts.

I figured that people who relied on a swear filter are going to be in for a shock reading older posts.

I liked the censor. Not because I don't like seeing the words (I don't, but I'm not going to tell anyone to not use them), it's just funnier seeing *bleep* all over the place.

Some urls were broken because of it, and that just made it funnier to me :P

I liked the censor. Not because I don't like seeing the words (I don't, but I'm not going to tell anyone to not use them), it's just funnier seeing *bleep* all over the place.

Some urls were broken because of it, and that just made it funnier to me :p
Thank SMF for "bleep" being the first word I think of in those instances where one would normally swear.

Honestly, it's bad even beyond just not being used to it. I don't really like the new posting interface in general, I hate how a tiny box at the bottom of the page is the default interface for replies for some unfathomable reason, and I've never understood why web designers have a fetish for circular avatars now. It also just feels clunky to me and I still dont't like sidebars.

EDIT: It also broke image sizes which is nice. Now that I've tried to edit a post it has the same useless tiny box that opens on the page while you're still viewing the thread for editing as it does for replies too. If it's at all possible to fix that I hope it eventually is. Actually I guess the box grows as you type but that's still dumb and feels claustrophobic.

Has there been a change made to how the mushrooms on the index work? I've checked most boards and the mushrooms are still red instead of turning gray. The only ones that are gray seem to be archival boards (e.g. Completed Wiki Projects, Mario Awards archives, Mafia Archives, but not Topic storage for some reason)

Alright, thanks for the clarification. I was also getting it for boards without subforums (like Video Games) but I guess now you have to actually check every thread in a board to make it go gray instead of just visiting the board itself

I'm martini

I'm supposed to be Roll and Maria Renard currently but I'm Pwwnd123.

• Looks like it is now possible to ignore boards and threads, exterminating them from overviews :thumbup:
    Only shame is that board mushrooms still light up if an ignored subboard was updated, but it's a good start.
  • Posts per page where bumped from 20 to 25, which is still not much but a lot better.
  • Subboards are no longer in dropdowns which is also a plus (though they don't show up on mobile this is also fixed now).
  • A button appeared to type new replies on a separate page, next to the attachment button.
  • Square avatars.

Thanks for doing this @porplemontage.

Last edited:
I noticed when going to edit my sig, it displays as intended in the preview (without white spaces between images) but is divided up in the sig itself. Makes me wonder if it's possible to get that effect in the preview in the actual thing or if dynamic sigs such as mine are indeed no longer possible without the divide.

I'm Nex and the joke I planned to use for this got used by someone else and I couldn't come up with a backup.

By the way, I've noticed trying to add images to my signature just wipes them out immediately. Anyone know what's up with that?

I noticed that there is a 30 second cooldown between posts by a user (as opposed to 3 seconds before), which is I suppose not bad (to prevent accidental double posting) but the only things at a disadvantage are the Counting/Elimination that relies on (basically) trigger posting.

Thank you for reading.

Just realized you can't viewed a banned user's profile
Yeah I know. It's difficult when looking back into the past. The old software Simple Machine Forums allowed that. But other than that I like XenForo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back