zel weekly art thread

we have a lot here this time and even a ton of spore!
i thought about the minecraft track, dragon fish, and suddenly realised i wanted to draw . a dragon fish
to make sure it was Authentic i also was listening to the song itself and took the color scheme from guardians as well
come_here_fishy_fishy.png

actual plush i have, sold as a generic dinosaur plushie iirc. i love him
look_i_have_mario_plushies.png

bunch + a better remake of like the oldest creature i have saved
unknown.png

this wouldnt really be possible as an actual costume in rayman legends cause of the hat being too wide and the lack of sleeves but wahtever!
toad_teensy_toad_teensy.png

sometimes i make pig puns drawings. anyway heres pigeon
sus_six.png

more flight rising fanart ???? a mix of breeds because i seem to keep getting spirals and bogsneaks on what flight rising breed are oyu quizzes
DAT_ME.png

now spiral coatl for no reason other than the fact that i remembered i drew a spiral and bogsneak mix back in 2017 as well as a few others including this one
wow_im_drawing_so_much_fr_lately.png

this fella
unknown.png

meeting with an all new world. i tried to have something inteersting and then didnt manage to again
Spore_2020-05-26_16-41-01.png

i started doodling something in paint while looking for rayman 3 music then realised i ctually really liked how it was turning out so i dragged it over to paint.ne to finish it and im really happy with it
stripey.png

this dude from the spore dump earlier? get ready for their space outfit. which is an edgy teenage phase.
unknown.png

these i was playing through creature stage with by only eating eggs (and fruit yea). it was pretty dam fun!
unknown.png

im bored so im hecking around with spores launch states. heres another one from the hidden cell editor
unknown.png

as well as a land vehicle with air and water vehicle parts because i was given the power to do that
unknown.png

ok not perfect but an attempt at replicating how the rayed man in that lil cutscene looked
might reanimate it entirely with globox someday but for now thisll do
chest_bonking_animation_but_awesome.png

found this drawing from october 2014 of a supposed fakemon i just never finished. now this doesnt have to be a fakemon at all! they can just be a Fella
fella.png

might heck around and start remaking at least some of the rayman 3 creatures in spore
so heres https://raymanpc.com/wiki/en/Bonton im genuinely kinda impressed with how it turned out
unknown.png

now https://raymanpc.com/wiki/en/Mawpaw
the animations arent the best doe to the limb neck but what can you really do about it its spore
unknown.png

this dude i actually SKETCHED OUT first (Wow!!!!)
did_i_really_just_sketch_something2.png

i just started by picking three random base parts and then kept going and ended up with like. the best spaceship ive done ever?
unknown.png

i just started another playthrough yesterday cause i really really wanted to and there was no one to stop me. i dunno what archetype im going with im just winging it
unknown.png
oh fourth page??

Toad Teensy should have really been a costume omg

Reactions: zel
nothing much to say here weve got drawings and spores
we continue off of yesterdays post with the civ outfit of these fellas. they ended up ecologists again. i cant say im not a lil disappointed with that
unknown.png

what if bird. was frog
unknown.png

remake of an old ass creature i dont have saved anymore, half from memory and half from awful drawings from when i was 8
unknown.png

more remakes and a guy thats BACKWARDS
unknown.png
GIF_31.05.2020_20-24-50.gif
unknown.png

some vryte (not that the sepcies had a name or anything at the time) ocs ive made in like late 2011 and i completely forgot about them until now because i havent drawn either one since. im gonna retcon them into current vryte lores!
the girl one had absolutely no information or defining characteristics. the blue one was apparently brought in by a heron (yes a heron not a stork) and thus stood on one leg a lot?? like herons apparently do but they actually dont??
wow_im_drawing_these_again.png

going feral over feral so i drew a thing
kinda half a doodle but fantasizing how i want my senri to look like when i get a graphics card that DOESNT warp the player textures and make me unable to make any remotely complex designs
colorssssss.png

they revealed news for that swish expansion and i just felt the need to draw galarian zapdos because the design salps
wadda_hell_pogeymon_fanart.png

i wanna start makin an unique outfit for the rescuable teenies in all legends worlds. this one took a while to research but i think it turned out pretty good
soon_im_gonna_end_up_drawin_more_teensies_than_anything_else.png

Thingy!
long_man.png

another dump. i triede to go for some more unique body types than i do usually
unknown.png

i just thought about sea angels and i had to draw it
the_stars.png

wanted to heck around with a 1px brush to see how itd look
i_havent_drawn_with_a_1px_brush_in_so_long.png

yea not much here once more theres some im happy with though!
my brain told me to doodle toad and ??? im actually really happy with this??? considering how much trouble i keep having with toads
a_toad_im_happy_with_WHAT.png

more varied body types!
unknown.png

more r3 stuff https://raymanpc.com/wiki/en/Glute https://raymanpc.com/wiki/en/Wooglah these suck really bad
unknown.png

unknown.png

redrew a thing from early 2018, which is in the same image and its really funny. [looking at my old art] how are you that small
redraws_are_so_fun.png

emryo
unknown.png

and some aquatic willosaurs! i even tried to replicate the swimming animation with invisible limbs
unknown.png

GIF_09.06.2020_17-16-53.gif

GIF_09.06.2020_17-16-14.gif

also recreating stuff from spore in spore lmao. this broken down vehicle is in one of the c&c backgrounds for the creature editor
unknown.png

another early 2018 thing redrawn
woo_old_art_because_i_dont_have_new_ideas.png

flight rising??!?!!?!?!??! funny dragon game????! heres a mith i love miths they are the best
STAN_MITHs.png

mario + rabbids bee .
this_is_the_actual_best_thing_to_come_out_of_rabbids_existence.png

it appears i am on a drawing spree so heres raymario in the real
if_theres_a_moustache_and_blue_eyes_that_means_he_got_captured_so_look_out.png

this one is where i experiment with a 1px brush a lot!
eerie! i dont know where i was going with the shading but sometimes you just needa heck around
very_scary.png

practicing the thinner lines with stuff like webbing (and also a bird wing lmao)
the_dude_in_the_top_left.png

bidy
bidy_bud.png

for osme reason i drew a Lot of angry birds doodle
why_did_i_get_possessed_to_draw_that_many.png

creachers
unknown.png

i felt like another playthrough.. i actualyly havent beaten it yet! my time is being occupied by Othre Video James! just beat tribal last time
unknown.png

peter the piranha plant
pt_actually_stands_for_PeTey.png

my brain told me to draw a cool bird
YEAH_COOL_BIRDS.png

and that, a day after, got me to heck around with scales like this
i_admit_i_was_inspired_by_mossworm_check_out_their_art_omg.png

hes_shy.png

lemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fruit.png

ive been kinda slacking off this week but also drawig WAY more with a 1px brush!
bruhnisa.png

aonther attempt at a spaceship, using random base parts again. they all turned out to be boat parts. whoops
unknown.png

more weird critters. the green one is also wtihout modifying one of the default bodies
unknown.png

still kinda obsessing over mario + rabbids and i would really really like this to happen in da sequel
dont_remove_the_rabbids_entirely_though_i_still_need_rabbid_peach_on_my_team.png

more adventure enviroments yippie!!! i meant to make a small town on the mountain but then got too carried away with covering it in plants so i kept it that way
also its super barren on the back lmao
Spore_2020-06-24_16-45-20.png

Spore_2020-06-24_16-45-53.png

Spore_2020-06-24_16-47-34.png

remake of some old ass creatures ive kinda obsessed over for 3-4 months Only and then forgot about them forever. for some reason there was an earlier color variant that was slightly lighter in color that i never used for anything else but i have retconned it into sexual dimorphism! the girls are less colorful but buffer
unknown.png

unknown.png

ive been sitting on this oc idea for trhe past few months but basically. crocodilian lady with no info whatsoever yet
cya_later_alligator.png

we have some doodles? and some stuff i do be pretty happy with at least!
more hidden cell editor shenanigans + me randomly remembering it actually has asymmetry and making a crab
unknown.png

the first king is just cranky kong here he is
i_can_beat_r1_with_ONE_LIFE.png

so i had a yoshis island screenshot saved a bunch back and decided to redraw it in tux paint.. i LOVE how it turned out
20200629130546.png

https://tcrf.net/Proto:Pokémon_Gold_and_Silver/Spaceworld_1997_Demo/Pokémon cries
who_got_rid_of_them_i_swaer_to_god.png

i actually got my ass up and drew globox again wow! god i need to draw him way WAY more often than that
i_had_this_idea_for_so_long.png

another yoshis island thing from nep enuts domain. this looked better in my head
20200701133106.png

wanted to try out a kinda fur pattern but it ended up looking ilke leaves instead so i ran with it
walkin_tree.png

at least make sure the artifacts you dump on your planet for storage arent haunted!
also this looks super messy but i swear ive packed a buncha lil details in it try to look at it up close?
Spore_2020-07-03_17-39-15.png

unknown.png

rotten mushrooms designs slap so heres dode
Evil..png

more laziness? but look theres globox also
ya
a_common_trait_for_mario_cahracters.png

spent a stupid amount of time REDRESSING this maxis creature to have a stupid looking jacket with stupid looking pants instead of whatever the og was because i dunno
unknown.png

more enviroments! more moss on big rocks !
also i actually remembered to set a setting for picture size this time so now its 2880x1800
Spore_2020-07-06_19-37-58.png

i had a rayman fan cahracter idea since MARCH and it took so long to finally act on it. Yea so theres two of them also though one is much less developed! neither of them have names!
local_weirdo_finally_makes_a_rayman_oc_more_at_11.png

i love doodling one of my cats like she is just a silhouette
when_cats_do_this.png

raym
rays_just_vibeing.png

feral is good. or fer.al . anyway heres my senri
looking_for_frilled_wings_is_gonna_make_me_go_insane.png

doodle while my itnernet was DEAD
hell.png

I;m thinking about thos Gulpits
its_so_evil_they_never_reappeared_anywhere_since.png
just in case lemme know if the rayman pics break because the server i originally uploaded them on just kinda.. died. not gonna elaborate on dat

no drawings for several days but then i went off the rails with doodles.and then about half of this is spore
a cell based off of these crop circles you see sometimes. i think. the screenshot with this one (on the right) is from 2016 so i dont know for sure
unknown.png

felt like remaking some really old creatures. here we have Weird Toothy Thing, Horse Bird, Ice Dragon Gator and Fire Dragon Gator
unknown.png

you know when the lil cowards just stand on their lil platform and keep making chomps and refuse to actually get anywhere near you
unknown.png

actually finished a playthrough this time, went with bards! also they name is literally Gator
unknown.png

i_couldnt_captrue_the_exact_energy_they_had_irl_unfortunatley.png

more remakes! theyre always fun to do you cant judge me
unknown.png

you know that mario pic
what.png

im really in a doodling mood it seems so im looking at my art from like 2014 (the tiny ones here) and wondering how id draw it now. yes im so sorry for mlp.
this_is_fun.png

a random very vivid idea of a plant monster head/neck design came to my head and i had to act on it
wow2.png

we have some pretty interesting ones here!
i like that wallpaper somewhere in peachs castle in mario 64 so heres a tux paint drawing based on it
20200720113337.png

actually had a drawin idea so heres a flamingo
flaming_o.png

random toad designs theres a lot you could do here! also some headcanon thrown in there why not
also_some_headcanons_because_of_cours.png

ocs from around 2014, of a species that was very common on a site at the time. i have no idea what kinda creachers they are now! the green/cyan one is midiori, the orange one is fai(like fi in fire). i have two others id like to draw later on too!
no_longer_are_they_connected_to_other_stuff_i_was_into_at_the_time_for_whatever_reason.png

oc doodle
wheres_da_tea.png

me and my friend both decided to make an anomalocaris after seeing a tweet, and then theres feathery bird man and scuttlebug 2
unknown.png

havent done a skin in a while so heres another attempt at lemmy
unknown.png

youve seen lakitu fishing in water. fishing in cold water. fishing in sand. fishing in poison. now get ready for fishing in Lava
what_is_he_gonna_fish_out.png

butch hartman did a thing and everyone was replying with their own better sonic drawings and even i wanted to draw one. from memory no less
ya_cant_stop_me_frim_making_him_fluffy.png

the smw prototype leaks are also giving me a fair bit of drawing material!!!! heres this one
NEAT.png

another leaked prototype, super donkey. i resprited the player character into rayman because yea
just_MOD_the_prototype_into_rayman_and_here_you_go.png

we got marios we got linguini
lasagna? louis?
two_four_zero_one.png

spore teensy! clothes look stupid though but you know.. spore
unknown.png

wanted to draw marios hair
maio.png

made that early yoshi in sculptgl. also someone pinged me with a delet this meme calling it cursed directly to my face so thats fun
unknown.png

more flight rising. heres a sorta water noggle
nogle.png

colored a mario paint thing! https://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/mariopaint/sheet/40868/
yea_babeyy.png

epic typo lead to this (heres rat mario by the way, from jan 1)
turns_out_that_was_ANOTHER_opportunity_to_draw_mario_hair.png

remembered i used to do pokemon fusions! so heres a more unique thingy with parts from fearow (only the body and neck though), winter sawsbuck, zweilous, charmeleon and archeops
awesome.png

this one contains starting smaugust a week late so im starting to catch up for now
for some reason were starting off with a 3 sec long doodle
unknown.png

an event on the 1up world discord!
for the make-a-partner event!!! i dont know what she would do in battle besides like, having a gimmick where she can become angy and it acts like that berserk status that was going to be in pm64 at some point (iirc the character becomes stronger but acts on their own recklessly). field ability is probably just flight with added verticality!
AAAA_PDN_DONT_DIEEEE.png

baby bowser when he actually had a distinct design
little_pee_pee_head.png

just mindlessly drew a fishie and fully indulged into my aesthetic with the colors
come_here_fishy_fishy_heereee_fishy_fishy.png

for a few weeks straight i just KEPT forgetting to play spore so i got to it and made some critters
unknown.png

and then another adventure thing a day later. ended up kinda similar to the bridge one, and not as cool, but im happy with it anyway
Spore_2020-08-06_14-47-41.png

more 3 sec long doodles but i just love how the raven in the bottom right turned out for no reason
unknown.png

and heres smaugust, starting to catch up! using this prompt list
1.png

and the second one, went for something unique with a cave painting look. it ended up not fitting much with the prompt but im still very happy with it!
2.png

the third one. i gave them a whole bunch of feelers because its gonna be pretty useful for cave animals
3.png

and finally for now, dog
4.png

for the last one heres that rayman oc i made a month ago and havent drawn since. i Finally gave her a name. looking forward to drawing her more often
this_is_a_stupidly_elaborate_way_to_show_a_character_finally_gettinf_a_name.png

and thus ends smaugust because i didnt feel like it LMAO sorry
attempt at combining a quetzalcoatlus (dinosaur) and quetzalcoatl (the deity) that ends up just looking like a weird bird
5.png

went for a peacock spider pattern instead of anything actually resembling a spider. didnt want to trigger anyones arachnophobia
6.png

just made this one in spore instead lmao
7.png

this ones probably my favorite of what ive made for smaugust
8.png

last one . i caught up and then didnt feel like making anything after this whoops
9.png

i like how this luigi turned out also theres a teemnsy. teensie. is there an y or an ie at the end the games themselves cant decide
unknown.png

i had a huge brain moment and made this
hoyl_FRICK.png

was kinda upset over something so i just went heck it and kept making stuff in spore to calm down
unknown.png

and heres more playthroughs. this is from a few days ago so i already forgot how stupid the face looked with the eye GOD anyway i think these are gonna be shamans?
unknown.png

edit: revised version they have wings now
unknown.png

Last edited:
i go nuts sometimes? theres some stuff im real happy with here
shading color tests. they barely look different actually
epic.png

accidentally found out yesterday that that pencil brush in ms paint can make for some surprisingly accurate mario like shading so i tried it out
woaoww.png

another attempt at an adventure enviroment, not that happy with it but eh
Spore_2020-08-18_17-13-53.png

thinking about that silly lego robert the omb, featuring like 3 different light sources because whoops
probably_wont_blow_up_though.png

this was. a stupid doodle of my eldritch abomination of a roblox avatar but i actually kinda like how it turned out (and yea that arm is actually just floating)
unknown.png

https://www.mariowiki.com/File:MKT_Wing_Glider_Pipe.png every single time i look at this image of the butterfly glider from mario kart tour i keep thinking mario himself has gorgeous shimmery wings. i had to act on it
gorgest.png

pissed at the only official virus models we have kinda sucking so i went and made my own. curiously the day after i made this i managed to get sick. have i wronged her?
unknown.png

unknown.png

ya girl feels great embarassment about liking these every time! anyway yea im pretty happy with this
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.png

spore stuff, mostly remake of some weird creatures ive spent little to no effort on at the time. its fun to do!
unknown.png

.... really not a lot this week
https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/alien-descriptions.php used this to generate a critter but i had to take some liberties with the colors so it wouldnt look ugly. heres a weird cat bug thing
absolutely_weird_fella2.png

whole building set based on tribal stage huts, also comparing the city hall to the actual huts and seeing how itd look in a tribal stage enviroment! i suck at building editors so im really happy with this
unknown.png

unknown.png

Spore_2020-08-26_17-33-17.png

i asked the 1up world discord to give me obscure mario enemies to doodle! also added some of my own by the end
this_is_quite_messy.png
image.png

also a tar fish from donkey kong jungle beat doodle earlier that day i think
unknown.png

au where big top is just a bonneter cause he pretty much already is. this is a better version of a drawing i made in 2018 (and i actually gave him the eyelashes this time though quite short cause only female bonneters have those in odyssey.. hm)
and @ worm man atcually looking like this: https://smallmariofindings.tumblr.c...c-ballyhoo-from-mario-party-8-without-his-hat
dude_invented_hat_ghosts_before_hat_ghosts.png

i just whipped up a quick test cause i had an idea for clothes a strictly quadrupedal species would have and these unnamed guys actually look really interesting to develop??? i may develop this species later on
wwowie.png

like half of this is spore whoops! but theres also some cool actual mario art too
a spaceship, again with the randomly picked base parts
unknown.png

another playthrough. i was intending to go knight but i looked at this and realised they cant go aggressive in tribal and military in civ. so they ended up traders instead
unknown.png

thinking about forbidden koopalings (https://www.suppermariobroth.com/post/176991355390/the-cd-rom-version-of-the-1994-educational-title, https://tcrf.net/Super_Mario_World_(SNES)#Koopaling) though im missing the recolor of one and like. two other copies of another. alongside early broodal concept art with 4 girl koopas(?) if you wanna go that deep
bird_ludwig_2_and_green_guy.png

since im in the mood right now i also did a revised drawing of bowsers sister from last year, which is based on an off handed mention in a song for a weird obscure (official) comic and nowhere else
this_is_like_half_an_oc_LMAO.png

i just remembered the way plants are made in this game is strikingly similar to how creatures are so i went and made some plants in the creature editor. the game DOES have a plant editor but its unused and barely works
unknown.png

and also some tests, manually replacing random plants in an area with gates disguised as those creatures!
Spore_2020-08-31_17-20-34.png

Spore_2020-08-31_17-26-43.png

Spore_2020-08-31_17-30-53.png

also remakes of some oldish creatures i was really happy with back when i made them but arent up to my standards anymore. also served as a nice test for bird wings!
unknown.png

i turned on spore again to try and make bob omb battlefield and i realised it was going horrible so i went and tried to make a rogue with the lowest possible stats instead
unknown.png

so i made a test apartment build that looks piss ugly from the outside since i did Not bother with how it looked. we got four basic rooms with nothing in them and some stairs. mainly it was to test 2 block thick walls so the rooms could have like a wallpaper and such. good enough base for a more realistic apartment build later on
also im linking these cause they take up a lot of space: first, second(the one shown here), third, fourth, fifth
2.png

thinking about pm64 mariowwwwactually drawn near entirely in ms paint with some paint.net magicks!
mawio.png

i just woke up today and im surprised the concept in my mind was pretty vivid for this. had to draw it
weird_guy.png

htank you!! i dont have a mario oc though. not anymore at least, this post mentions one i had at some point and i also had some toad ocs kinda. back when i thought i was gonna get a wii u with smash 4 i was hoping to make toad miis and i planned them out way too far in advance. by the time i actually got a smash game which is ultimate i just didnt care about them anymore whoops
unknown.png
(GOD have i improved in 5 years)
like Ten Days Later i scrapped the green one for some reason. TEN DAYS (and then i never drew either again since)
none of them had names i think i am just never good at names. the only bit of info is that the green one is a dude and the red one is a girl and way more smiley this is all stupid
.....you know what????? i might redraw them actually

anyway id like to make an oc that actually has at least a small amount of thought put into it . none of these 2015 ones counted as such
this ramble was completely unwarranted but i hope yall found it interesting at least

we have plenty of ms paint drawings of Critters..
remember how the last post ended with that wyvern fae thing. i said id develop it later and later turned out literally like. 2.5 hours after i drew that one...
weird_guy_two_now_STRIPEY.png

(i apologize for mlp in advance) i havent watched any of the episodes with those purified changelings or whatever but i just remembered their design is piss ugly and got mad so i decided to make a buggier horse. coulda been better thought through but eh
evil_im_making_mlp_fanart_but_its_only_because_i_got_mad_at_these_not_looking_like_bugs_i_promis.png

was a day late ot spores anniversary but i made something to celebrate anyway
unknown.png

tried making a poseable thing in spore, going off of what i remembered from a tutorial that seems to be gone now, and turns out its gonna be realllly uncooperative if you wanna do anything with it whoops
unknown.png

unknown.png

hermit crabs
last_one_is_a_bagworm.png

hehe i mentioned this earlier so here they are (and link to the old piss ugly designs too)
guys_look_im_jumping_on_dode_hes_stupid.png

also why is spear pronounced speer but pear pehr why is english so stupid
an_offering.png

no drawing ideas so im gonna rely on some cool creature generators (http://orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=animal.txt, http://orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=creature.txt)
one looks way doodlier because my mouse was kinda uncooperative thats how you can tell i drew it first lmao
the_gang.png

im pretty sure this is the week with the least amount of stuff so far and i honestly dont know why i hope its ok though : (
so there was an event on a discord to draw somethign related to your favorite mario game!! and i took this as an opportunity to draw some characters (peach and bowser) ive never drawn seriously before!
how_much_inspiration_from_super_mario_adventures_can_i_get.png

not sure how much that fits here but i was watching a gnoggin vid and realised lucarios shiny is piss ugly so i made it cooler. i dont even care for the actual pokeymon that much but i still wanted to do it
and im aware it doesnt look that clean, with the random yellower dots in places, but its the og sprites fault for using the dark grey pixels for lines in places
yea_thats_cooler.png

some weirder spore critters than usual!! we have a super weird limbed zigzag bug thing, a real not fake flamingo, flower turtle with a bug mouth, centaur tube mouth guy, and leggy jumpy guy
unknown.png

ive been intending to draw this with the other two creature generator drawings last time but kinda didnt feel liek it at the time and then kept putting it off. so heres a reptilian eight limbed weasel thing (https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/animal-descriptions.php)
long.png

ya girl forgot about this thread for an entire day so the thread title stands
anyway!! the amount of things is def better than last week and we got some marios
the first ones gonna be some spore though
unknown.png

unknown.png

i had no drawing ideas but just one thought... Super Mario BRos. 2? Super Mario Bros. 2? i especially like how the birdo turned out
gotta_draw_at_least_somethingggg.png

DRY BONSE DRY BONES Dry Bones
love_is_stored_in_the_dry_bones.png

drawing some mario enemy characters designs for nothing in particular, featuring a bzzap, bandit and goombeetle. im trying to find an oc idea maybe one will stick!!!
im leaning on the bandit right now but well see. i really gotta look for a while
making_obscure_enemies_into_characters_sure_thing.png

heres.. at least an attempt at a dino rhino in spore! or you can view it as an interpretation. i wasnt able to get it to look accurate because of spores limitations but i did my best
also they ended up reallllly frickin wide
unknown.png

then a shadowy guy, kinda made to match a planet i accidentally made earlier that day. its actually a surprisingly pretty planet too
unknown.png

Spore_2020-09-25_17-28-34.png

Spore_2020-09-25_16-45-46.png

mindless creature doodles
creachure.png

shadowy guy again but drawn
more_spore_fanart_HUH.png
also?? i hope its ok theres not much art lately, especially fully detailed ones. i dunno i just may be having a bit of Not Feeling Like Drawing Much moments. i still try though

Back