zelen posts her art if she doesnt forget to

ZelenPixel

remember the snake block? [awkward pause]
not much intereesting to speak of theres a crapton of spore this time
mario sprite from the intellivision version of donkey kong

this looks so wonky because this was supposed to be a ms paint doodle at first before i went heck it and colored it

more creachers

fish dude

textured a bat inot this for some reason

more fusions like in the first post ... i sholud do more of these

Skelerton

dressed up one of my creatures i made in 2015, with nakey provided
its legs and one pair of arms arent attached
it floats them
rayman joke

im not the best at the building editor but god DANM im proud of this one. probably the best thing i made in it

bird some thing

angry birds stella deserved much better treatment than it got. willow was always my favorite from that game so here she is
i dont know how shes holding the brush with her feather hair but she just. Can apparently
woah second page

ZelenPixel

almost forgot! unfortunately im still not drawing too often lately i hope thats fine.
based a spaceship on one of the maxis cells!!

i likr. swaphoppers

ok so theres this mobile game called spore creatures. apparently rather similar to the ds version? anyway i replayed it a bit recently and made this in it

kinda went offboard with colors but i think it should be recognizeable enough

colorful ass Thingy

doodled rayman and ended up giving him babey energy
im still really happy with this

guess what.. spore

and finally a keyzer

Last edited:

ZelenPixel

still not much : ( theres like One fanart but it should be prety interesting 👁
came up with some kinda. aquatic butterfly thing that floats on the surface of water and resembles a lilypad
note i have not come up with why it does that at all i just wanted to see this concept i came up with a few weeks ago

wyvern dude

a mosaic pattern? its tiled too. some lines are mirrored because i just wanted to see how thatd work but it was something id come to regret whoops

i had an immense urge to draw some random cat in a Bread Shape

this isnt based on any cat really i just went with orange because why not

ok so like. rayman 1 was planned to be on the snes at some point. at that stage in deveopment it apparently had co op and this is the character the second player controlled. she did Not appear in the final game or anywhere else in the series so rip

zelen designs something with fins part ∞

ZelenPixel

aight.. let me note that while ive already not been drawing much for a while, in the next few weeks i may end up drawing even less because of exams. after that ill be sure to get back into things
made a floaty island thingy in spore. m proud of how it came out

snakey thing

palette test!
i almost wasnt gonna finish the full body and just stop at the bust because i started coloring the head before finishing the lines like a fool and realised this was maybe way too ambitious
i went through with it anyway though

procrastinated by drawing a gryphon as some weird bird

i had no drawing ideas for the 465456th time but i thought of combining fire and an artctic animal something.. so this came out of it. this also doubled as a fire drawing practice and im pretty proud of how it came out

i used a random animal generator to see what i could combine and i went with swan and python and got This???

ZelenPixel

i still try to draw as much as i can!!
while discord was dead i drew this whole thing! i used http://orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=creature.txt to get the idea for it
i dont know where theyre getting mushrooms in a desert but yeah. i dont know why youd need to be so colorful in a desert either. aposematism/it could show its toxicity that way? they could eat poisonous mushrooms and use the poison from it themselves
i think theyre rather tiny too

this is a wip but im redrawing the whole sml2 map 👁 it should be done very soon
heres a newer wip too

drew that tiney stegosaurus plushie i have. i dont even care that much for herbivorous dinosaurs like that but id be lying if i said this wasnt just the best thing in existence
photo for reference https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/452914983026819087/653746297295077387/IMG_20191210_025353.jpg
the eyes are actually at different heights for some reason but the eye height on this drawing is acccurate to this particular side

thingy

and now a slug out of a foot part with a 2 vertebrae body buried inside + some other parts
im really proud of this one. doesnt animate well though

had to experience paint.net crashing because i clicked on the printer icon and ihad to trace over a screenshot of the drawing. turned out fine though

redrew a thing from 2012 look at the progress over 7 years omg. the newer one took me way WAY less time too. half an hour versus sevreal hours over several days

ZelenPixel

ok see, exams have started so its really not a lot this time. i swear ill get back into things next week!!
im really happy with this one. not based on any existing species realy but yea

remember that wip i showed a week or so ago? well heres the full thing! i even used the castle tiles that are never seen cause the cloud never goes away. also i was coloring this particular pic https://www.mariowiki.com/images/c/cf/Sml2map.PNG

also a super quick test for thicker outer lines

scribbled something and came up with a weird mammal snake butterfly thingy?? turned out too cute for my tastes

i cant draw feet so i made this in sculptgl to maybe help me with that

ZelenPixel

as i promised im back at it
this

catching up on drawing things ive made on a pony town custom server. i made this one just earlier today!

another one

i was in a smm2 mood cause i just got to play it, and also a new year mood

more

here we have an amalgamation of reptile and insect traits (+ eyelashes)

me accidentally finding out how you can reverse those weird ear parts (the ones that kinda look like cones with a hole) to make ring things

remade another 2012 creature. it was extremely important that i gave them baby crocodile energy
i took the whole tail part in the old one and just ran with it. it Smacks predators with it

this was just going to be a lil quick base to show an arms pose to my friends but i noticed just how like.. sorta accurate the body turned out so i just slapped a face on it and colored

ZelenPixel

i tried to draw every day!!
more dergun town, we have a rosy maple moth thing

..yep so i have that on there too. using the fact that you may have a chance to fish out a whole ass caiman and then hold it. and a pony that blends in with the ground

dumbest looking bird

i just realised i forgot to add som detail on the eyes

another bird but a big boy. probably huggable

dergun also has a skull mask you can put on your face so i made this with that a while ago. also this is accidentally my first drawing of the year and decade

this ones pretty intertesing.. its uh. a scrapped character thing from rayman 3 https://raymanpc.com/wiki/en/Wooglah

timid friend

Redshift

Enjoying dinners at 9:00 PM
Do you draw with a wacom?

ZelenPixel

nope im mouse gang! i had a wacom tablet but i never used it and i think i just willingly gave it away to my siblings. if you look at my lines up close you can kinda see a lot of em are jaggy and its because of this mouse specifically, i guess it doesnt work with fine movement as well. my other mice didnt have that problem, they broke much sooner though!

Redshift

I don't think Paint.Net offers a lazy mouse option so you can actually draw with a smoother curve, which is what digital artists use when drawing lines. GIMP does but it's not a primarily drawing program.

ZelenPixel

settings does have an option for smoothening mouse input out (or something i was transltaing from russian) and i do have it on actually. never noticed any differences between having it on and not having it on and i decided to compare

the lines still remain kinda jaggy so eh. i dont mind it honestly

Redshift

Does Paint.Net even have degrees of smoothness? You can typically adjust that. Also the brush you're using can also impact on edge smoothness.

ZelenPixel

aight
something pretty interesting..

thingy

another building im pretty proud of and like the previous one its ALSO a minecraft reference

i started drawing the lines and then just sorta realised the similarities to the pointy guy i drew that yesterday and decided to make them counterparts

yosghi

i BARELY edited anything cause these are just the credits sprites but uhh yea i might be makeing Costumes here. the second pic is when you hold up

Buge

redrew a stinky 2015 thing

som variety for once

ZelenPixel

seems to be a lot this week!!
a thingy

a lil doodle

some bird thing i made in some animal maker on deviantart years ago. included are both color variants i made back then. i dont remember why it has 2 separate colorations anymore

colorful ass thing

scaly!

bird bat dinosaur something?

colorful ass thing part 2: toy pyramid edition

the way i placed the cilia gave the part a nasty striped coloration and since i couldnt do anything with it i just gave the creature the stripes to match making it no longer nasty

you may think this is a simple early game creature, an easy prey, but wattch out....!

more attempts to redesign those ocs from when i was 8 and im much more satisfied with these than the other attempts. theyre bros!