What is your favorite Console [Nintendo, Sega, Microsoft]

Yoshi The Nothing

The Two-Tailed Flying Fox
Banned User
MarioWiki
Inkboy
What's your favorite Console? Answer in the comments. Any console.

pc

Lovin' the Switch right now. I'd like the PC more than I do, but every computer I've ever had has something to wrong with it within the first few days of ownership. Nothing big for that moment, but mainly just annoyances in the long run.

Nintendo: Currently a tie between the GameCube and the Switch.
SEGA: Currently a tie between the Genesis/Mega Drive and the Dreamcast.
Microsoft: Xbox 360.
Sony: PlayStation 2.

I'm mostly a Nintendo guy, and I absolutely love the Gamecube, but the Switch is slowly taking over. Lots of great games on it.

Nintendo: Switch is my favourite, though the Wii, and GameCube are a close second and third
Sega: Don't own any, however if I had to pick a favourite, it would be the Dreamcast
Microsoft: Pc, I don't own any Xbox consoles and I never will own one
Sony: PS2, my family doesn't own anything Playstation anymore, everything belongs to either my eldest sister or my eldest brother now
Other: Undecided

Hello everyone my name is Tyler helt.

nintendo- I have the Nintendo entertainment system that my aunt Amy and my mom used to play on, the nintendo Wii,and the 3ds. On my Christmas list I have the Nintendo switch. I don't own any sega video game consoles but if I had to choose a favorite it would be the sega genesis because it had the original sonic the hedgehog on it. I have a Xbox one. I don't own a PlayStation but if I had to choose a favorite it would be the PlayStation 2 because my friend garrett's brother Colton has one in his room or the original PlayStation because we had one at our school in our flex with miss shady. We also had in our flex a game boy color and game boy advance.

You guys are forgetting about another brand of video game console Atari. I don't own any ataris but i did It would be the atari 2600 . My uncle Gordie used to play the Atari 2600 in the 1970s his favorite game was Space Invaders and he used to play all the time. My uncle Gordie pasted away February 12,2018. What's your favorite Atari console

You guys are forgetting about another brand of video game console Atari. I don't own any ataris but i did It would be the atari 2600 . My uncle Gordie used to play the Atari 2600 in the 1970s his favorite game was Space Invaders and he used to play all the time. My uncle Gordie pasted away February 12,2018. What's your favorite Atari console

I was still like just a single egg when Atari was still relevant so...

Do you have a favorite Atari console

I intentionally skipped over Atari due to lack of experience with their consoles, the only one that I have any memory of playing was the Atari 2600 at a friend's house many years ago.

I also have a Atari Flashback 4 but I don't think that counts.

It depends on how you go about saying what the best console is.

If you define it in terms of which has the absolutely best hardware, I believe that Xbox One X is the most powerful console that has been released.

However I'd prefer the Switch's hardware because it just feels more awesome, innovative, and unique to me. Judging from what I've read about it online though because I don't own one.

However the Switch is obviously Nintendo's most powerful console hardware wise because it's the newest. Consoles such as the NES and the N64 were a lot better when you consider the technological limitations of their respective times.

Also it becomes another matter entirely when you also consider software. If you consider each console's original library, than the Wii is my favourite, but if you also consider backwards compatibility etc. than the Wii U wins not only being able to play all Wii games but also a host of great ones originally such as 3D World (admittedly that's the only original Wii U game I have thus far played but I anticipate many others) and good things on the VC such as PM64 and Superstar Saga.

Overall the Wii is probably my favourite just because it's the console of my childhood and nostalgia etc. but it really depends on what the question includes.

Nostalgia / emotions - N64
Functionality - Switch

Sega - Dreamcast
Sony - PS3
Microsoft - eeehhhh. I have an XB1 but never use it. Brother had a 360 but it red ringed. I guess XB1 because it never broke.
Others - no opinion. I have an Atari flashback console that I've never used. Thought about getting the Commodore 64 Mini but not sure if you can program on it. And if you can't do that there's no point to having one unless you care a lot about the games.

Red Ring of Death (RRoD). This is when the lights on the front of the console (usually green) turn red to indicate some kind of failure. Usually when it happened, you could no longer turn the console on. Thus dead console.

It was super common as well. I've seen numbers like 2/3 consoles getting the problem.

My brother's X360 is still running good, though we don't use it much anymore.

I thought about it some and I change my answer,

Although yes, I'll always find the newer generations to be better than the older gens in the sense of "what would I rather play right now?",
I'm deciding to make a tier list based on "what gave me the most joy from their own eras?"
In this regard,

Top 3 nintendo consoles: Switch, Gamecube, SNES
Best Nintendo handheld: 3DS (all versions equally)

Annnd since PS and Xbox kinda just remain the same but higher quality specs with each generation, I kinda have to vote the newest ones for them. So instead,

PS or Xbox?: Playstation. Xbox has never appealed to me, also I hate Xbox's controllers.

I hate Xbox's controllers.
Why?

I'm deciding to make a tier list based on "what gave me the most joy from their own eras?"
Idk about you or others but I played them well out of eras. I played Wii and DS in their era but even today I still play their games regularly. I started on the GC in 2018 and on the Wii U and 3DS both in 2019. I still don't have a Switch but that will come in the next few years, idk when exactly yet.

Xbox controllers make my hands cramp, they're unnecessarily thick imo.

as much as I hate to say it, I am a sucker for better specs. When the Wii was the hot new console, I skipped on owning it because the graphics felt subpar. Nowadays I play it occasionally because my younger siblings own it, but if it weren't for them I would have skipped it entirely as I did with the Wii U (although I skipped the Wii U because the controller looked annoying)

Sadly Idk anyone irl who owns a Wii U, I want to play 3D World so badly, I might eventually cave into buying a cheap used Wii U just for that.

Xbox controllers make my hands cramp, they're unnecessarily thick imo.

as much as I hate to say it, I am a sucker for better specs. When the Wii was the hot new console, I skipped on owning it because the graphics felt subpar. Nowadays I play it occasionally because my younger siblings own it, but if it weren't for them I would have skipped it entirely as I did with the Wii U (although I skipped the Wii U because the controller looked annoying)

Sadly Idk anyone irl who owns a Wii U, I want to play 3D World so badly, I might eventually cave into buying a cheap used Wii U just for that.
If you ask me the lower resolution was the only thing really holding Wii games back. You can look up online people using Dolphin with HD settings and texture packs and it looks amazing particularly Galaxy.

Wii U gamepad is my favoruite controller btw

I got mine in 2019 for £99.99 you can probably get one cheaper, but make sure you have a gamepad as you need it for various essential functions including accessing the system settings. 3D World can be Any%ed without one but you need it for Captain Toad and a few others.

Back