Which generation had your favorite graphics style

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
Each generations is make a leap to run and look better, but some of us have fondness for the old days, what is your favorite style of graphics?
Mine has to be the n64, PS1 and Saturn era, they don't look as advanced as they used to but that goofy low poly style is still charming to me

16-bit or 32-bit.

I still love my 2D graphics, at their peak. Oh, GBA. Oh, SNES.

128 bit(GameCube, PS2, Xbox, 3DS)

Not as detailed or realistic looking as later systems like the Switch, PS4, or Xbox One, but still pretty charming looking in my opinion.

I just finished Kirby 3, and its ultra-charming and unique graphics have forced me to say SNES (or perhaps just 16-bit graphics in general). Never again will I see the sheer amount of charm that that game had.

N64 is a close second, though. I just like how unique it looks, despite many saying it just looks ugly.

The latest generation has brought us a great many indie games with art styles from every generation.
I'll say 8 (3DS, Wii U, PS4, Xbox One, Switch). If indie games don't count, then either 4 (TG16, Genesis, GameBoy, SNES, Sega CD, Game Gear, Neo-Geo, 32X) or 6 (Dreamcast, GBC, PS2, GameCube, GBA, Xbox).

Always the latest generation. Maybe except for Nintendo's games, because they're always behind their competition.

Easy, the current generation.
800px-SMO_Shot_-_City_Hat_Throw.png

800px-Mario_MTA_outfit_screenshot.png

But I will miss the days of mono color blocks
Rivals.PNG

MarioSSB.png

And 2D cardboard standing in as trees.
DKR-AncientLake.png

I love how things are today, but I also like the 32bit and 64bit era.

i dont really think any generation is objectively better than others but i just wanted to say sunshine and wind waker have aged so much better than galaxy and twilight princess aesthetically

Back