Will Bowser EVER get his own game?

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
Think about it. Everyone else has.

Luigi - Luigi's Mansion, Mario is Missing
Peach - Super Princess Peach
DK - DKC series, DK64, Jungle Beat, Donkey Konga, etc.
Yoshi - Yoshi's Island series, Yoshi's Story, Touch & Go
Wario - Wario Land and WarioWare Inc. series

Bowser, on the other hand, hasn't had one. It's time for Bowser to have a starring role in his own game. It could maybe be a chance to see the Mario series in a darker light, and a good excuse to maybe bring back the original Koopalings. Just a thought.

Your opinions?

I think Mario & Luigi 3 is as close as he'll ever get to having his own game.

Well, he's arguably the protagonist of Mario & Luigi 3. Maybe he could get his own RPG game, and the Koopalings would be special moves (like the minions in RPG 3). On a side note, the characters who have had starring roles are:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Toad
Wario
Bowser (somewhat)

Code:
[color=blue]Match the formats in the original and my reply.[/color]

MST3K said:
Think about it. Everyone else has.

Luigi - Luigi's Mansion, Mario is Missing
Peach - Super Princess Peach
DK - DKC series, DK64, Jungle Beat, Donkey Konga, etc.
Yoshi - Yoshi's Island series, Yoshi's Story, Touch & Go
Wario - Wario Land and WarioWare Inc. series

Bowser, on the other hand, hasn't had one. It's time for Bowser to have a starring role in his own game. It could maybe be a chance to see the Mario series in a darker light, and a good excuse to maybe bring back the original Koopalings. Just a thought.

Your opinions?
:peach: Princess :eekdance: Power! :peach:
:'( Poor guy.
WEN-DY! WEN-DY!
I say yes :posh:

Snowstalker said:
Well, he's arguably the protagonist of Mario & Luigi 3. Maybe he could get his own RPG game, and the Koopalings would be special moves (like the minions in RPG 3). On a side note, the characters who have had starring roles are:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Toad
Wario
Bowser (somewhat)
Stanley
Diddy
Bomberman
Sonic
Fix'd

The only time Bowser would ever get his own game is if he were to somehow be on a mission to rescue Mario, or whatever.

In other words, Bowser would have to become a softy.

Looniju said:
Stooben Rooben said:
become a softy.
Where have you been in the last fifteen years? He helps Mario out all the time, not to mention Go-Karting, among other sports.
Not to mention he just all-around sucks these days.

Stooben Rooben said:
The only time Bowser would ever get his own game is if he were to somehow be on a mission to rescue Mario, or whatever.

In other words, Bowser would have to become a softy.
Actually, I'm pretty sure that the only reason Bowser would help Mario is so he could destroy him, himself. It's kind of like in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door when he once stated that no one's allowed to kidnap Peach without his say-so; he probably feels the same way when it comes to other villains (who aren't affiliated with the Koopa Troop) try to destroy Mario.

Not to mention he just all-around sucks these days.
Super Mario Galaxy would like a word with you, buddy.

Looniju said:
Stooben Rooben said:
become a softy.
Where have you been in the last fifteen years? He helps Mario out all the time, not to mention Go-Karting, among other sports.
again*

He feels that way about Peach because he's in love with her, in case you hadn't noticed. And even if that was the case, what about all the sports games...?
Yes, I have noticed that actually. Also, Bowser considers Mario his rival (as he stated in Paper Mario), and usually whenever one character has a rivalry with another character, they usually feel that no one has the right to destroy their rival but them (which may have been why he saved Mario from that Bullet Bill that Wario and Waluigi launched at him in Mario Super Sluggers). Things like this have happened in all kinds of series, such as Mega Man, Dragon Ball Z, Star Fox, you name it.

Bowser may have stopped being a total idiot story-wise in Galaxy, but gameplay-wise he was still f*cking pathetic
Okay, but would you mind telling me what Mario game (prior to Galaxy or Sunshine) where Bowser was actually hard to beat? As far as I'm concerned, Bowser's easy to beat in EVERY game he's appeared in.

Jr. still being around implies that he is in fact the exact same Bowser who sounded like a total dork in Sunshine.
1. Bowser ended up getting a different voice actor, though, and made him sound a lot more evil and intimidating than he sounded in Sunshine.

2. ...What does Bowser Jr. have to do with anything? His presence in the game had nothing to do with why Bowser's voice actor made him sound the way he did, so that statement really didn't make any sense.

1) Dragon Ball Z... Um, can we get back to Bowser?
2) Did I say Bowser wasn't an idiot up until... any time? He was always an idiot.
3) I know that.
4) Wait, you seriously didn't catch that?
1. We're still talking about him. I was only using that as an example.

2. Yes, you did.

Bowser may have stopped being a total idiot story-wise in Galaxy, but gameplay-wise he was still f*cking pathetic
Also, his difficulty level as a boss doesn't make him an idiot, as it has nothing to do with his personality and character development.

3. Okay, cool.

4. No, I didn't, because like I said, that statement made no sense.

I believe Nintendo should give him a game instead being playable in others. But think of poor :waluigi: no one pays attention to him or :daisy: they should get games 2.

SolarBlaze said:
Okay, but would you mind telling me what Mario game (prior to Galaxy or Sunshine) where Bowser was actually hard to beat? As far as I'm concerned, Bowser's easy to beat in EVERY game he's appeared in.

Super Mario 64 (final battle)
Super Mario Bros. 3
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario Bros. (unless you had a flower)

Snowstalker said:
SolarBlaze said:

Super Mario Bros. 3
Yoshi's Island
SMB3 is the only one of those I found difficult.

Stooben Rooben said:
Snowstalker said:
SolarBlaze said:

Super Mario Bros. 3
Yoshi's Island
The complete opposite is true for me.

Kaiser Samuel Augustus Ward IV said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Snowstalker said:
SolarBlaze said:

Super Mario Bros. 3
Yoshi's Island
Interesting.

The second Bowser battle in TTYD was somewhat hard. But that's only because you didn't get a break between fighting Grodus (those annoying little Grodus Xs <_<), and then fighting Bowser...AND Kammy.

Stooben Rooben said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Snowstalker said:
SolarBlaze said:

Super Mario Bros. 3
Yoshi's Island
Interesting.

The second Bowser battle in TTYD was somewhat hard. But that's only because you didn't get a break between fighting Grodus (those annoying little Grodus Xs <_<), and then fighting Bowser...AND Kammy.
I have to agree, as they seem to only put Grodus there to rack up damage on Mario and his partners before the fight with Bowser and Kammy, yet I never lost to them.

Stooben Rooben said:
That is exactly why I never bothered to finish TTYD.

^ Then you get to fight the Shadow Queen. That's harder than Grodus and Bowser/Kammy, IMO.

If Bowser were to get his own game, what kind of game would it be? His size would make it difficult for them to make it a traditional platformer. Maybe a cross between a platformer and beat em' up?

Looniju said:
It would be a great chance to make a real time strategy game.

Command the Koopa Troop and wage war on the Mushroom Kingdom. Pretty sweet idea.

Lario said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Snowstalker said:
SolarBlaze said:

Super Mario Bros. 3
Yoshi's Island
Interesting.

I have to agree, as they seem to only put Grodus there to rack up damage on Mario and his partners before the fight with Bowser and Kammy, yet I never lost to them.
That battle is much easier if you earn enough Star Points to level up after defeating Grodus.

Back