Dr. Mario World

We need 32 bit Dr. Wario and 64 bit Out of nowhere Rudy The Clown

Well Rudy the Clown was in Dr Mario 64 so there is some precedent for that.

Regarding how the new doctor looks like...

Basically it's how Dr. Mario look like on the NES, and not a pixel Mario in SMB in doctor outfit (think Mario Maker costume for Dr. Mario). So it will likely have poses based on the NES game.

The assistant that accompany that doctor is...

Sushi, that shark. Interestingly, the accompanying world is under the sea (unlike at the islands in World 16), which makes sense. The choice of doctor is strange, assuming that it's the one they are going for.

Thank you for reading.

Dr. Lemmy is also gonna be a thing.

Too bad Sushi is an assistant, having it as a doctor would be totally amazing. We have Dr. Dolphin, so why not Dr. Sushi as a rival?

Dr. Baby Wario is a unique addition. It's been a long time since he was in a game.

I can't believe Baby Wario got a doctor outfit before his regular overalls outfit.

I want Baby Wario playable in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Imagine the noises he gets when he gets smacked by shells and fireballs. It would be extremely satisfying; it was satisfying enough leaving him screaming in the bubble in Yoshi's Island DS.

And they aint coming to Mario Tennis Aces either

Too bad Sushi is an assistant, having it as a doctor would be totally amazing. We have Dr. Dolphin, so why not Dr. Sushi as a rival?
Dolphin had to study hard as an assistant to become the doctor it is, the University of Mushroom Kingdom won't give away the title to its frenemy for free. Meritocracy rules in the Mushroom Kingdom and no similar placement in the food chain is ever going to change that.
In any case Dr. Guppy will come and hunt down Dr. Sushi reestablishing the dolphiness of Dr. Mario World

Based on the new sprite assets added, the game will be getting a new mode or event

New mode being Doctor Academy
Tutorial_Doctor_Academy_1.png

Tutorial_Doctor_Academy_2.png

Tutorial_Doctor_Academy_3.png

Rendered these guys idle animations, including one of the unreleased doctors:

DrBabyWario_Idle_-_DrMarioWorld.gif

DrLemmy_Idle_-_DrMarioWorld.gif

CUCCIOLO

It looks like they'll give him the spotlight in a second moment, admittedly the return of Baby Wario was too much of a news not to overshadow the addition of Lemmy, so I'm happy with that choice - even a bit surprised, as I'm not even sure how much of a news you can make out of Lemmy. Maybe he's in general as popular as he is in these forums?

I was a little upset Lemmy was shafted many times including Dr. Mario World, because Lemmy always seemed to me to be one of the more appealing Koopalings? Barring the lazy eyes maybe. But doesn't have huge lips like Wendy or have threatening teeth like the others and is super playful. Oh well, at least Lemmy now has a playable role, we'll see if the others like Iggy and Morton get them, as I think those two are also shafted frequently.

I was a little upset Lemmy was shafted many times including Dr. Mario World, because Lemmy always seemed to me to be one of the more appealing Koopalings? Barring the lazy eyes maybe. But doesn't have huge lips like Wendy or have threatening teeth like the others and is super playful. Oh well, at least Lemmy now has a playable role, we'll see if the others like Iggy and Morton get them, as I think those two are also shafted frequently.
It's what I always say regarding playable Koopalings: You either have all seven or none of them.

I'd bet something that Iggy and Morton will be there in future updates, seems like they're slowly adding them to this game.

Also, Birdo is still not a playable doctor, wtf.

I have, but he's just sprite animated, he's literally just a sprite on a plane.

i was ahlf certain morton was already in the game but i guess not! huh! anyway lemmy is still one of my favorite mario characters im glad to FINALLY have him here

It's what I always say regarding playable Koopalings: You either have all seven or none of them.
I personally prefer when they are treated as individual characters and they try to build on their own traits, like in this case:
SMRL-Line-BowserJr-Lemmy.gif

I was a little upset Lemmy was shafted many times including Dr. Mario World, because Lemmy always seemed to me to be one of the more appealing Koopalings? Barring the lazy eyes maybe.
As you can see in recent material (and even in this animation above, not to talk about the Super Mario Maker 2 sprites), Lemmy doesn't seem to usually have lazy eyes, I think they're more playing them as a way to show how Lemmy is often confused.

Last edited:
This is the first time I heard that Lemmy is the one that's usually shafted. If anything, I often thought that Iggy is the most shafted one. Anyway, you do have a point about the Koopalings developing unique traits, which I thought is something that Mario cartoons actually did, since I don't think every Koopaling are all together in each episode anyway.

Thank you for reading.

i do wonder if we could count all of each koopalings individual appearances to see which one the devs seem to love the most and the least. you know what? imma do that later!

Back