Dr. Mario World

I've read update patch notes in MarioWiki, and apparently I CAN unlock Dr. Baby Luigi if I beat World 7's special stage. I haven't played this game in ages but should I muscle through until I get him?

I've read update patch notes in MarioWiki, and apparently I CAN unlock Dr. Baby Luigi if I beat World 7's special stage. I haven't played this game in ages but should I muscle through until I get him?
You need to unlock that world's special stage by achieving 3-stars in all stages in World 7 (40 normal stages, plus 3 challenge stages). It may be difficult to get through, but good luck...

Dr. Fire Mario and Dr. Fire Peach perfectly summarizes why Dr. Mario World is one of the least grossing mobile games Nintendo has made. Grinding is nothing new to mobile games, but the fact there's nothing notable to grind to is the issue. And the fact almost all of the doctors are hard to obtain makes people less likely to want to play.

If they had the option to buy the doctor I want outright, I would have spent money on this game.

World 11's second area is released. And Dr. Fire Peach is the reward for completing the special stage.
EO9RSf2UYAE_4ws.jpeg

The game is not done yet. There is a pipe which usually leads to the next world.

Kinda funny seeing a Bowser world where your goal is to walk past the castle and not enter it at all.

Reactions: zel
Yes, there will be a World 12.

I wonder who will be the new doctor/s.

Oh hey look it's a basic and nifty world concept idea that has never appeared in any NSMB games.

That's really sad.

If they still continuing to add worlds, I want a city world, forest world (with pine trees, different to jungle world), and underwater world.

And no, Layer-Cake Desert doesn't count because it hardly used the dessert theme to it's advantage.
That, I remember l, was one of the saddest things I experienced in New Super Mario Bros. U. Like I was already tired of those same concepts and to have the game do nothing about it, well, the naming scheme turned out to be as lame as Super Mario World's.

Finally downloaded this game, and I think it's a pretty fine puzzler. I have thus far reached Level 49, and in VS I beaten 7 matches in a row and get to unlock a box, and I think it's lucky that I got a few Doctor Tokens even if it's not in a significant amount (since only 1 out of 9 has it, and I can only pick 3).

The toughest level is the one that unlocks Dr. Toad, since it requires knowledge of an advanced skill: dragging to the free spot even though there are blocks blocking the way.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
My current progress:

Worlds:
- Beaten 100% World 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6)
- World 4: only Challenge 4C got 2-stars, so I can't active the challenge to obtain Dr. Luigi
- World 7: Reached Level 269; never beaten any Challenge levels yet

Doctors:
- Dr. Mario (2)
- Dr. Yoshi (2)
- Dr. Bowser Jr. (2:1)
- Dr. Baby Peach (2:1)
- Dr. Peach
- Dr. Toad
- Dr. Toadette
- Dr. Waluigi
- Dr. Daisy
- Dr. Luma
- Dr. Kamek

Assistants:
- Goomba (2:2)
- Lakitu (2)
- Pokey (2)
- Peepa (2)
- Sumo Bro (2)
- Porcupuffer (2)
- Hammer Bro (2)
- Dolphin (2)
- Fuzzy (2)
- Fly Guy (2)
- Star Bunny (2)
- Ant Trooper (2)
- Boo
- Shy Guy
- Bob-omb
- Blooper
- Cheep Cheep
- Piranha Plant
- Paragoomba
- Clampy
- Koopa Paratroopa
- Amp
- King Bob-omb
- Mechakoopa
- Monty Mole
- Thwomp
- Banzai Bill
- Boomerang Bro
- Bomb Boo
- Scuttlebug
- Dry Bones
- Bony Beetle

Ever since I got Dr. Kamek, beating levels are a lot more manageable because he has the ability to completely eliminate up to 4 of the most common virus on that stage, which is extremely useful. It's a bit random on when it happened, but clearing viruses is still very much welcomed. Too bad I didn't get a Kamek upgrade. Occasionally I use Dr. Baby Peach especially if the level is not dependent on clearing viruses, since her ability converts the next 2 capsules into double rainbow capsules (basically, wildcards).

I have more than 1/2 of the assistants, but I found myself gravitating to the ones that grant a score bonus, such as Fly Guy, Dolphin and Peepa (gives score bonus for Red, Blue and Green viruses respectively) since stages give 3 stars based on how high the score is. The time bonus assistants are also handy in Challenges, and I have Pokey and Porcupuffer who both do the same thing in Stage (grants a chance to add 3 seconds to the clock).

Thank you for reading.

Can't drive a kart but they can get a medical license.

If there's a Goomba racer, it would be hilarious to see them repped as a Goomba Tower instead.

ok i saw the leak earlier and only noted the three goombas in a trenchcoat but somehow completely missed that they literally let a heckinf DOLPHIN in

This is interesting because the Dolphin, Koopa Troopa and Lakitu are existing assistants (Goomba Tower is not an assistant, just the regular Goomba), so you can actually pair the same doctor and assistant. Actually, this is something I like about this Dr. Mario game (among other things): they put unlikely characters as doctors, where even babies are eligible to be them. I hope that a console Dr. Mario adopts this approach and make just about anybody a doctor, including the main spin-off regulars.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Back