What characters would you like to see as DLC for Smash Bros?

I wouldn't mind it if Steve got in. In fact, I think I'd like it. Sure, he's not a Nintendo character, but Minecraft has been on Nintendo consoles for a while now. Besides, Minecraft is the best selling game of all time, and it has become a symbol of gaming as a whole. Steve deserves a spot in the biggest video game crossover of all time.

i like mined craft so id love steve ti be in
but most importantly is that he will likely come with minecraft music!! please calm4 and thanks i know that was removed in like the alpha phase and never came back but it SLAPS and i want it

Geno is the only one left who I REALLY want in. If they added him to Ultimate I would be satisfied forever. Other characters I'd like, but don't care as much about are Skull Kid, Travis Touchdown, Dixie Kong, and Crash Bandicoot. Doomguy would also be pretty rad.

If they were to add a character that seems like on the same level of bizarre additions like Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B., Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt and Piranha Plant, I'd like to see Captain N added. I know, it would be breaking the "video game characters only" criteria, but he represents one of Nintendo's strangest memories in their past, they got Pit, Mega Man and Simon, so he would be the missing puzzle piece to this group.

Reactions: zel
Would including Geralt break the video game characters only criteria? I mean when people think of The Witcher they immediately think of the video game franchise, sure. But the series is based off of books.

If Sakurai is planning on adding up to 100 fighters then this is the line up I would like to see:

75. Sora w/Roxas echo
76. Crash Bandicoot
77. Lara Croft
78. Spyro
79. Travis Touchdown
80. Paper Mario
81. Rillaboom
82. Geno
83. Leon Kennedy w/Chris Redfield echo
84. Heihachi
85. Bylethe
86. Dragonborn
87. Ryu Hayabusa
88. Hades
89. Amaterasu
90. Dante
91. Isaac (Upgrade from Assist Trophy to fully fledged fighter)
92. Skull Kid (Read Isaac)
93. Bandana Dee
94. Elma
95. Tails
96. Scorpion w/Sub Zero, Rain, Reptile and Smoke as alts ala Bowser Jr and Hero. They all have different Standard B attacks.

97. Shantae
98. Doomslayer
99. Chorus Kids
100. Waluigi (Read Isaac)

And as for new echo fighters since Sakurai numbers them differently:
Dixie Kong
Big Boss
Impa
Octoling
Funky Kong
Medusa
Black Shadow
Shadow (Read Isaac)
Ninten
Zack

Last edited:
So I already said how I would love for Ephraim to be in smash?

Well I just realized... what if it's a duo fighter, where instead of just Ephraim, we can also have Eirika? I'd really love that. Even if I'm lowering the chances of my satisfaction even more.

I just have a new appreciation for the girl ok?

So I already said how I would love for Ephraim to be in smash?

Well I just realized... what if it's a duo fighter, where instead of just Ephraim, we can also have Eirika? I'd really love that. Even if I'm lowering the chances of my satisfaction even more.

I just have a new appreciation for the girl ok?

Oh god people are gonna freak out if what I want actually comes true. Not that it will come true, but boy, the possibility...

dd9djr3-a8d24411-9dcd-4eec-b88c-7aabc6d5b1ce.png

I made this the other day, and all of these are characters I really want to see in Smash. If there were seven slots I would've included Crash Bandicoot. I also wouldn't mind seeing Geno or Dixie Kong as playable characters, and if Assist Trophy promotions were to happen, I'd like to see Bomberman and Shovel Knight. Besides that, there are characters I'd be happy with, but don't actively want in Smash.

still rayman! he seems almost inevitable at this point with how much stuff happened during and after the january smash livestream not-really-a-direct thing
or maybe im getting my hopes up way way too much but either way. yeah! theres not much i want really!
besides him id like steve.. crash would be neat ngl even though i havent played a crash game. i dont know

Occasionally heard Granblue as an option. I honestly think it's not bad to have modern mobile game rep, just it's sad it misses the great opportunity to put its console title on NIntendo plaform.

Fate series seems to be the other very successful JRPG brand at this point, just not sure if NIntendo has enough interest in it.

Hatsune Miku seems to be a joking option, but she has a huge impact on Japanese ACG culture and represents a new genre of game/software. But I'm not too sure how westerners react if Nintendo do consider her.

If they were to add a character that seems like on the same level of bizarre additions like Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B., Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt and Piranha Plant, I'd like to see Captain N added. I know, it would be breaking the "video game characters only" criteria, but he represents one of Nintendo's strangest memories in their past, they got Pit, Mega Man and Simon, so he would be the missing puzzle piece to this group.
Well Nintendo do have other non-gaming properties like cartoon adaption characters. The ROB franchise isn't based on gaming too. It only depends on whethey they value the characters as vital as the others.

Anyway, at least Captain N has to become a spirit first to prove that NIntendo still remember his existence, not just indirectly mentioned by Pit.

I wouldn't mind it if Steve got in. In fact, I think I'd like it. Sure, he's not a Nintendo character, but Minecraft has been on Nintendo consoles for a while now.
Steve deserves a spot in the biggest video game crossover of all time.
It could be more precise to say when it comes to gaming icon of that genre, Steve would be neat. But still remeber that none of the 3rd party characters are a lock to this game.

Back