Countdown to Ultimate Finale: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Who is your favorite newcomer from Ultimate?

• 4e. Dark Samus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13e. Daisy

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • 25e. Chrom

• 60e. Ken

• 64. Inkling

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • 65. Ridley

• 66. Simon Belmont

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • 66e. Richter Belmont

• 67. King K. Rool

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • 68. Isabelle

• 69. Incineroar

• 70. Piranha Plant

• 71. Joker

• 72. Hero

• 73. Banjo & Kazooie

• 74. Terry Bogard

• 75. Byleth

• 76. Min Min

• 77. Steve

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • 78. Sephiroth

• 79-80. Pyra/Mythra (Interchangable)

• 79. Pyra

• 80. Mythra

• 81. Kazuya

• 82. Sora

• Total voters

SonicMario

Star Spirit
We’re finally in December! We’re still about 6 days from the release but I think it’s fine enough time to finally get a clue of who are our favorites out of the newcomer pool for this game are. I have decided that I will exclude DLC characters for now. But I will at least reset the poll in every release month a new character is released. It’s looking like Piranha Plant will be out in February. So if the plant is your favorite newcomer thus far, just either wait until then or choose your favorite out of the base game cast.

As for my thoughts on this base game cast. It’s certainly an interesting mix, I feel it’s a lot less controversial in comparison to Smash 4. Albeit of course will seem small for quite a bit of people, until DLC comes out it will be the lowest newcomer count of any Smash game where even the original Smash had 1 more character, though if you don’t count echoes even after DLC is finished there will be less new characters then any Smash game barring a 2nd Fighter Pass season happening. But that was the price paid for the “Everyone is here!” tagline. There’s not a newcomer I’m personally SUPER hyped for in terms of personal interest in the character, but a good majority of them are very interesting. The only one I likely won’t play all that often is Daisy. I prefer Peach as a character and have really no need to use Daisy, especially since it’s looking like Peach and Daisy are closer to Pit/Dark Pit levels of similarities and even the Final Smashes aren’t much different. Daisy doesn’t even have the potential hilarity of a “HI I’M DAISY” taunt. Ridley and K. Rool are big fan favorites that have been long awaited, though I’ve never been a big user of heavier characters. Isabelle looks to be a little more interesting for me then Villager was, I’ll be sure to give Simon a good try as he is a really cool inclusion. And Incineroar might be fun from time to time as well but again he is kind of another slow, heavy kind of character.

But the newcomer from first impressions that’s probably closest to what I’m most interested to be playing as is the Inklings being one of the quicker characters. (Though apparently Ridley is actually the fastest newcomer? Maybe I’ll end up liking Ridley more if I struggle with Inkling’s gimmick) If actually playing these characters have changed my mind at all. I’ll be sure to post here about it. I don’t expect them to kick out some of my top favorites from Smash 4, but I am excited to try them all soon ^^

I honestly think you should've waited for the game to release before making this thread, as no-one has had a chance to try out any of the characters and see how they feel and play for themselves

Jack Black said:
I honestly think you should've waited for the game to release before making this thread, as no-one has had a chance to try out any of the characters and see how they feel and play for themselves
i mean people have already willingly voted so i dont think everyone has an issue with it. plus people can just wait to vote or change their vote later on anyways

also im most excited to play chrom and incestroar

Jack Black said:

I get it, but this is actually why I implemented a vote change for this one (I didn't or forgot to for the other polls in this series of threads. But those games have been out for years so I presume most by now know their favorites anyway)

I'm sure everyone has their favorite pre-release. But if for whatever reason a character impresses you more with how they play over your initial favorite. Then you can change your vote.

Isabelle.

Y'all know I love the doggo, I don't have to bark on that.

No DLC newcomer will top her, she'll always be my secondary.

Even a super cool Dark Matter Swordsman won't change my mind.

Ridley, because he looks like he's really cool.
Isabelle because, well, Isabelle!

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
Where's the plant?

As I said in the OP waiting for February when it's closer to release, where I'll reset the poll and add Piranha Plant. May also help solidify people's favorites because most people will have had 2 months of the game to figure out their favorites.

Plant Gang all day babey
Probably King K Rool or Ridley.

I have been waiting so so long for K.Rool and Ridley. I will try to main both of them.

Ridley easily, followed by King K. Rool.

I''m going to be honest, none of the other newcomers besides Dark Samus have done anything for me, so there really wasn't going to be much competition.

Alright, it's been 2 months since Smash Ultimate has released. So feel free to give an update on your favorite now there's been plenty of time to get accustomed to all the newcomers. And it's also been about a week since Piranha Plant has been released. And has been added to the poll

My favorite is still Inkling, I was right to say the Inkling felt more like my style and in fact have put them as one of my 10 most used. I've given most of the other newcomers a good shot but they just don't feel like they fit me. Most of them are pretty cool still though. So yeah, Inklings still top for me and I'm not sure anything will top them for me personally unless it's something really cool in terms of either being a character I personally like alot or if there's an interesting enough moveset that I like using alot.

f6cc7c184f71ad33566af17b86f21c90.jpg

I wonder if Black Knight would've actually beaten her to that position if he were playable...

Anyway, cute secretary doggo it is.

King K. Rool is my favourite newcomer character-wise, but as I predicted I prefer Simon Belmont. His Specials and the insane reach on his Smash Attacks and Aerials are too good to pass up.

Now that I've played the game, Incineroar, surprisingly. Before release I was like, "Bleah, another Pokemon. It's fire-type like Charizard too, why not a new type?"

i actually use Ridley a bit. he is a heavyweight but he feels pretty fast for one and he just feels like a general badass. also using inkling more than i anticipated although tbf i tend to lean towards ranged characters so that's not too surprising in retrospect

Piranha Plant has really grown on me and is easily a main. Ridley and King K. Roll are also fun to play for me.

I already posted in this thread, but let's do it again.

The newcomer I'm maining the most is the Plant Boi himself, Piranha Plant. I really like his down B and his Smash Attacks. The side B is okay, and same with the neutral B. I use his up B more to attack than to recover. If there are other newcomers I main, I guess there's Inkling, and King K. Rool, who is very low on the mains list.

I once thought I'd main the Plant like crazy, but I realized that he falls way too quickly to be of any use for the way I play. I like slow fallers.

Forgot to do this earlier then I was going to. But the poll has been reset after it's been more then a week since Joker has arrived. Has Joker instantly risen up to your favorite newcomer? Or has a different one grown on you? Or are you generally the same where you were from the first month or two with the game?

My favorite newcomer to play as is still Inkling. Nothing's really changed on that front. Joker's interesting but not quite enough for me to consider using too much. I respect his place in the Roster along most of the rest of the cast though.

Back