Worst Smash Bros. Stage

Of all time? Mario Bros. It's a camp-fest in a stage entirely composed of stages of life, and has over-powered enemies and projectiles everywhere. The stage could be more tolerable with wrapping (ala Balloon Fight in Smash 3DS) and with 8-player madness but as it currently stands in Brawl, it's most certainly my least favorite Smash Bros. stage. It's going to return in Smash Ultimate, so we'll see about that, hope I could mod the game to the same extent as Smash 4 because I bet I'll also have a blast playing on that stage, as I can play and enjoy virtually any stage on my modded 8-player smash, really, because it's a manifestation of not taking bad stage mechanics seriously; hell it's the primary reason I adore the Yellow Devil in Wily Castle or the mom in Gamer.

Pac-Land I actually ironically adore that stage. I love it in 8-player smash with a bunch of CPUs, often killing themselves in the pits past the Fairy Mother segment. I also put cluster---- "music" on that stage (which is composed of a bunch of characters just yelling and making sound effects) so not only is it terrible to look at, but terrible to listen to as well. I love how it's the complete antithesis of a fair and balanced, aesthetically pleasing to look at and listen to stage like Battlefield.

WeirdDave13 said:
Mine personal least favourite is PAC-LAND
think about how you unlock that abomination too

Smash 64: None that can really be called the worst
Melee: Big Blue, definitely
Brawl: Probably Mario Bros.
Smash 3D: Not sure
Smash U: Probably Pac-Land, but there are some others that could qualify

I can't believe you guys think Pac Land is the worst stage when the Great Cave Offensive exists.

pac-land is a rare breed of having both a terrible normal and omega form as well as hideous graphics so no thanks

Honoka's #5 Fan said:
I can't believe you guys think Pac Land is the worst stage when the Great Cave Offensive exists.

Great Cave Offensive is fun, I love how enemies bounce around like pinballs and then explode into coins after eventually touching a danger zone.

Works best in 8 player smash (but all stages work best in 8-player Smash)

Ghostly Yoshi said:
Russian Baby Luigi said:
(but all stages work best in 8-player Smash)
Some stages don't work in 8-player smash, though.

In Smash 4 yes.

But every stage will be available in 8 Player Smash in Ultimate. Even the ones you think would be way too small.

I don't see the point of limiting which stages are playable in 8-Player Smash when Yoshi's Island (the Smallest Stage) is playable. Then again, I only find that stage fun in 8-Player Smash.

You're all wrong, PAC-LAND is a good stage (and Hanenbow is too).

Honoka's #5 Fan said:
I forgot how many wrong opinions there are on this forum.

Yep, you have one of them, my friend.

Ghostly Yoshi said:

Yes they do. I love every single stage in 8-player Smash. Port Town Aero Dive, Gamer, Wily Castle, and Kalos Pokémon League are all simply phenomenal on there. They're so hectic and chaotic that I simply don't get tired of it.

....you people without mods that enable those stages in the stage select are missing out on them.

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
I don't see the point of limiting which stages are playable in 8-Player Smash when Yoshi's Island (the Smallest Stage) is playable. Then again, I only find that stage fun in 8-Player Smash.

There is no point at all. Everything about this is controlled by file called "ui_stage_db.bin", and if you set max players from 4 to 8, presto, you can play on the stages now. All incompatible stages run perfectly 99% of the time, but there are some slowdowns when say a Cucco gets aggro'd; however, slowdowns from aggro'd Cuccos are caused even on the legal stages too like Palutena's Temple.

Hell, Pirate Ship, a stage restricted to 4-player Smash, even has an unused 8-player Smash variant of it that gets played on if you modded the ui_stage_db.bin.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Ghostly Yoshi said:

Yes they do. I love every single stage in 8-player Smash. Port Town Aero Dive, Gamer, Wily Castle, and Kalos Pokémon League are all simply phenomenal on there. They're so hectic and chaotic that I simply don't get tired of it.

....you people without mods that enable those stages in the stage select are missing out on them.

I'll stick with my official upcoming copy of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, thank you very much.

Anyway, probably all the Pokemon stages (cause Pokemon doesn't interest me).

Oh don't worry, that game will get modded too.

Guys do you realize how exciting the prospect of 8 player pac land is?

Played on it already. :)

One of the best experiences in Smash 4.

pac-land 8 player smash and any mode that isn't stock is the only correct way to play it

also make it free-for-all or teams w/ team attack on and a -2 SD penalty

no because smash 4 neutered stamina mode by removing the yelling characters make when they die, and stamina is far better in project m brawl anyway

Stock is the correct way to play smash always no exceptions.

Back